• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Was it Tang's turn on the LONG waiting list or did he BUY again?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. this time "legally" thru donation from One Eye Dragon?:confused: Note he was taken off the waiting list and put back on in Oct. Cut queue right to the front of 520 others??

I find the report has lots of questionable facts :mad:

Gunman's kidney for Tang?
By Jessica Jaganathan & Teh Joo Lin

Last year, Mr Tang was caught trying to buy a kidney.

RETAIL magnate Tang Wee Sung, who was convicted of trying to buy a kidney in Singapore's first organ trading case last year, received a new organ at the National University Hospital.
The Straits Times believes that the kidney came from former triad leader Tan Chor Jin, who gunned down a nightclub owner in 2006. The gangster dubbed the 'One-Eyed Dragon' was hanged at Changi Prison yesterday morning.

His mistress confirmed that his organs were donated.

A check with hospitals found that only one other patient received a kidney from a dead donor yesterday, in an operation done at the Singapore General Hospital.

A spokesman for Mr Tang's family said his transplant was done in the morning and he was recuperating.

'He's up and conscious and he is in high spirits, even asking for magazines and books to read,' said the spokesman.

The 56-year-old had been unsuccessful in getting a kidney transplant overseas because of his other illnesses. He was caught trying to buy a kidney for transplant from an Indonesian here in June last year.

He was jailed for a day and fined $17,000 for the offence.

The debate that followed the case has prompted moves to change the law to allow people who donate their kidneys to get monetary compensation from the recipient or a voluntary organisation.

There are about 520 patients waiting for a kidney and every year 80 transplants are carried out.

Mr Tang, who suffers several medical problems including diabetes, asthma and heart problems, had earlier been taken off the waiting list for a kidney from a dead donor.
Last October, he underwent a successful triple heart bypass and was deemed well enough for a kidney transplant. Hospitals are not allowed to reveal details of transplants, but The Straits Times understands Mr Tang's new kidney came from the killer executed yesterday.

Dubbed 'One-Eyed Dragon' because he was blind in the right eye, Tan, 42, was convicted in May 2007 of firing six rounds from a Beretta pistol at Mr Lim Hock Soon, 40.

He was captured in Malaysia, extradited to Singapore and convicted of discharging a firearm, an offence that carries the mandatory death penalty.

He failed in asking the President for clemency, his last hope of avoiding the gallows.

Tan's mistress told The Straits Times that he had made it known that he wished to donate his organs after his death.

Tan and his Malaysian wife had no children. His mistress, also a Malaysian, bore him a son and a daughter.

Additional reporting by Selina Lum

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice to all is:

Take yourselves off HOTA immediately!!!

When you die and someone wants your organs, get paid! Why give free when people who don't own your organs are making money out of them? :mad:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how come such confidential things are front line news so fast? are there no protection for donors and recipients?

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
diabetes, asthma, triple heart bypass, kidney transplant

this kind of health condition, cannot enjoy life, multimillionaire so what

i fit and healthy play guitar, swim by the beach, bank account $129 only but happy like fuck

tommyh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am happy for him but it is a case of money. He has money so 1 day jail. His nephew has money and has yet to be prosecuted. Money buys you almost anything in Singapore.

JadedBeach

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, no need to be multimillionaire. i just want to have enough for my shoes, bags, clothes, brunches, nice meals.... absolute tai tai lifestyle and i will be contented. :p

diabetes, asthma, triple heart bypass, kidney transplant

this kind of health condition, cannot enjoy life, multimillionaire so what

i fit and healthy play guitar, swim by the beach, bank account $129 only but happy like fuck

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, no need to be multimillionaire. i just want to have enough for my shoes, bags, clothes, brunches, nice meals.... absolute tai tai lifestyle and i will be contented. :p

You didn't mention about men in your life. Without them, your life will never be complete.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Machiam like go market buy pig's kidney like that...

Seriously man.. with money really can do anything....

:biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad really. Such a guy can get such privileges. Even when he breaks the law, he barely spends a day in jail. I don't like this country when this government clearly practices double standards in the law.

In other countries, if they do that, there will be at least an uproar that can last for weeks- there might be even enough to persuade the politicians to rectify the situation by passing the required law to cover up the loophole.

Tang gets no sympathy for me for successfully beating the system. After all, the law should be the supreme law of the land, applicable to everyone regardless of social status, race, religion and sex.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was flabbergasted when I read the news that the Tang guy got One Eye Dragons kidney. It would seems that there is a high possibility that money talks here. I would reckon by virtual of the fact that Tang had violated the law by engaging in organ trading, he would have dropped down the pegging order for being a kidney recipient.

Don't tell me there is no one on a higher priority then Tang?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sad really. Such a guy can get such privileges. Even when he breaks the law, he barely spends a day in jail. I don't like this country when this government clearly practices double standards in the law.

In other countries, if they do that, there will be at least an uproar that can last for weeks- there might be even enough to persuade the politicians to rectify the situation by passing the required law to cover up the loophole.

Tang gets no sympathy for me for successfully beating the system. After all, the law should be the supreme law of the land, applicable to everyone regardless of social status, race, religion and sex.

It is common knowledge that there are 2 sets of laws in singapore. One for the rich and famous, and the other for everyone else. Tang was a privileged kid from day one. He was downgraded to PES C in NS and serve at a desk job from 9 to 5. Never did any reservist training. Of course, to find that he is suddenly the recipient of a kidney ahead of over 500 people is not unsual.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is common knowledge that there are 2 sets of laws in singapore. One for the rich and famous,

What's the point of being rich and famous if you have to join the same queue as the peasants and losers of society?:rolleyes:

The whole basis of a capitalist system is the fact that the wealthy and the powerful can live much better lives than the poor and the needy.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the point of being rich and famous if you have to join the same queue as the peasants and losers of society?:rolleyes:

The whole basis of a capitalist system is the fact that the wealthy and the powerful can live much better lives than the poor and the needy.

That's how chinese society operated during the imperial years in China, and look what happened to the many chinese dynasties eventually. Luckily, Sam, the law system in Australia is such that even if you're somewhat richer than most people, you can't get away from your responsibilities if you screw up. People can still sue you and you can still lose even if you have engaged the best and most expensive lawyer in town.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can all voice out to our hearts' content. But nobody in our system of government will feel obliged to give us a satisfactory answer. Because we are not the privileged.....