• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Was I out of line?

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya people out there would like to know if I was out of line in what I said. Please read below for the full storey. Some of my co-workers said that I have gone too far but others told me that its not my fault as the other party started it.
I was having a coffee break in the company pantry alone when a fellow worker came up to me and started making small talk. I wanted to be alone as I was quite tired and stressed out and didn't feel like talking but just for courtesy sake I just let him blab on and this is how it went.

Worker : Hey you married over 20years still no children ar? I heard.

Me : Yah, whats it to you.

Worker : U know if it was me I would be very depressed as its in my religion to married and have children.

Me : Depressed like how? Jump down and die ar? Well anyway I am not in your religion and my religion isn't telling me to breed like rabbits.

Worker : Its not in my religion to commit sucide too.

Me : Yah...... right. I guess strapping a bomb onto oneself and blowing up people isn't in your religion too.

Worker : Banged table walked away and told other workers what I said.

Me : I got my 10mins of peace and quiet before I have to go back to my stressed out job again.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your pride is too big. He hit a nerve, so you fuck him off.

You bite, so people better not fuck around with you.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is his fault. He started off with something that is very insensitive. Usually it is not nice to talk such things, there are many reasons why someone prefer not to have children, or unable to. It is not a suitable topic for small talk.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya people out there would like to know if I was out of line in what I said. Please read below for the full storey. Some of my co-workers said that I have gone too far but others told me that its not my fault as the other party started it.
I was having a coffee break in the company pantry alone when a fellow worker came up to me and started making small talk. I wanted to be alone as I was quite tired and stressed out and didn't feel like talking but just for courtesy sake I just let him blab on and this is how it went.

Worker : U know if it was me I would be very depressed as its in my religion to married and have children.

Me : Depressed like how? Jump down and die ar? Well anyway I am not in your religion and my religion isn't telling me to breed like rabbits.

Me : Yah...... right. I guess strapping a bomb onto oneself and blowing up people isn't in your religion too.

Me : I got my 10mins of peace and quiet before I have to go back to my stressed out job again.

Hmm, he sounded rather confrontational but that's likely because he's not very well-educated. And you were even more intimidating but that is because you weren't in a good mood and you wanted to be alone.

But that guy doesn't know how to talk too. He's trying to use religion to back himself up. And what should you do, according to him for not having children after getting married for so long? What's the solution? Kill yourself?

Maybe you should have just asked him that. And ask him what his objective really is, is it to provoke you, is it to make a jab at your potency that he suspects and sneers at, etc, and listen to what he has to say before acting accordingly.

He is clearly in the wrong for bugging you and talking like that, but you were a bit extreme in your reply too. I would probably have said even worse things that involved his parents and ancestors if I were you lol. Cos he's in the wrong. First.

Just talk to him the next day, thrash things out, and shake hands. This isn't a very grave kind of misunderstanding which breeds eternal enmity don't worry about it. It can be repaired.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what you did was not wrong...the asswipe deserved it...he din know how to shut his blabbering brainless gab...just move on...I dun think he is any part important to your worklife

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
i support you! What does it got to do with that worker iif you have children or not, he deserved a slap on the face!

jw5

Loyal

You should simply have replied to the first question as follows:
What fucking business is it of yours?
This reply is applicable to all impertinent questions from people of all nationalities, gender, age group, race or religion.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Although what u said was not very nice, but hey he started it. He was starting something inflammatory.