• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Was gold riding a speculative bubble?

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The past 24 hours, since the Dubai financial shock surfaced
the reactions worldwide has been to dump everything
and rush to the safe haven - The US dollar.

Consequently, the dollar rose since this morning.

Surprisingly, GOLD, which should have been the
main beneficiary, lost some of its value since this
morning. About 20 dollars approx to an ounce.

Why GOLD.?
After all it is supposed to be the safest of all bets.

Last edited:

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
erm, cos gold is at the highest ever? while USD is at the lowest in 14 years against the yen?

if i was holding to both gold n usd, i would re-balance it accordingly. and that's to drop gold n get USD.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gold are what so called universal currency. Everywhere also same price base on weight gram/ounce.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
problem is gold ETFs are in USD, so forex losses cancel out the gains...u have to buy physical gold...

why not look closer to home, SGD looks overvalued...MAS printing money just like USA, feeding asset bubble...

but a watched pot never boils, so I'll hold on to my shorts and focus on something more useful...

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
gold is the ultimate currency

touch wood if in future any problem like war or natural disaster... money got no value...

my ah ma say .. go gold for long term

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm there is always a co-relation between the price of gold and the usd..so does that mean usd is on the rebound?

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The past 24 hours, since the Dubai financial shock surfaced
the reactions worldwide has been to dump everything
and rush to the safe haven - The US dollar.

Consequently, the dollar rose since this morning.

Surprisingly, GOLD, which should have been the
main beneficiary, lost some of its value since this
morning. About 20 dollars approx to an ounce.

Why GOLD.?
After all it is supposed to be the safest of all bets.

inflation = long gold = speculation = gamble = bleed....