• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wahpiang! fast developement! I am updating to firefox 6.0.2 now

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ya, while looking for a fix to my own machine problem I read that IE9 is not as impressive as Microsoft claims, infact quite a disaster, both version 32bits and 64bits. I think I read something about strange behavior in IE9 and about adding website to compatibility view, something to that effect. I will try locate the link and post it here if it's of any help.

The funny thing is when you have IE9 in your system, and when you surf websites like yahoo, they have a notice to ask you to switch to IE8 for stability. :eek::biggrin:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
The funny thing is when you have IE9 in your system, and when you surf websites like yahoo, they have a notice to ask you to switch to IE8 for stability. :eek::biggrin:

That's very strange if yahoo can detect instability in IE9 then something must be wrong somewhere with Microsoft. I had IE8 and did not bother to upgrade as I hardly use it since switching to Firefox 3.6 even though Firefox sometime freeze or crash. Since your mentiong FF5, FF6 had addons and plugin compatibility issues I'm sticking FF3.6.22:biggrin:

I had located the link to strange behavior of IE9 so I will post to Fook Seng see it can help with his problem.:*:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then install Chrome to fix the problem and leave it unused otherwise you can keep searching for a solution. Before you install any software you should make it a point to create a System Restore point. :biggrin:

Yo,

I just went ahead and tried the Microsoft fix and looks like it actually worked, no problem with the hyperlinks on word pad now. It also automatic created a new restore point.:biggrin: Now we know the fix for this problem. Never try never know, at least now my headache can go away.:biggrin:

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for link but the problem was not due to IE9, although IE9 does have several bugs. The problem is that with the new Facebook application, they have got rid of the add comment button. You just need to press enter after your comment.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world. Some of these so-called whitehat infosec firms are working for authoritarian governments, such as those of Egypt and Syria.

Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your “privacy” settings, and deleting your account is impossible, even if you “delete” your account, all your personal info stays on Facebook and can be recovered at any time. Changing the privacy settings to make your Facebook account more “private” is also a delusion. Facebook knows more about you than your family.

http://www.physorg.com/news170614271.html
http://itgrunts.com/2010/10/07/facebook-steals-numbers-and-data-from-your-iph…