• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wahpiang! fast developement! I am updating to firefox 6.0.2 now

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with 4 different browsers with IE being the default if you are using windoze, Chrome, FF, Safari, it is okay, no conflict. With Chrome you are going to complain as some plugins are incompatible, and addons not available.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore?hl=en-US

There is thread below to make all addons compatible with FF5 but i don't think it will work on plugins.

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?96602-5-Simple-Steps-to-Make-Any-Add-on-Compatible-with-Your-Firefox-5-Final

Yo, ok thank you again. Currently I dont make any browser as the default. Think I'll just skip Chrome for now since there are plugins incompatibility issues but will give it a try some other time since no conflict issues. Yes, I've taken a look at the 5-simple-steps, it may come in handy some other time if I've to go for FF5 or FF6, hopefully by then DivX has no issue. Oh, by the way when switching to FF6 must I uninstall the older version or just install over it. Bookmarks, must I do the export import?

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yo, ok thank you again. Currently I dont make any browser as the default. Think I'll just skip Chrome for now since there are plugins incompatibility issues but will give it a try some other time since no conflict issues. Yes, I've taken a look at the 5-simple-steps, it may come in handy some other time if I've to go for FF5 or FF6, hopefully by then DivX has no issue. Oh, by the way when switching to FF6 must I uninstall the older version or just install over it. Bookmarks, must I do the export import?

Sorry by default browser i meant that for windoze users IE comes with it so you can't choose not to have it. :biggrin: Yes export your bookmarks and do a clean install to avoid any issues. Heck. I am still reluctant to upgrade cos dependent on my addons. Mozilla is going too fast in their browser war race for supremacy. Just recently out with FF6 and now already a patch with 6.02. :biggrin:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry by default browser i meant that for windoze users IE comes with it so you can't choose not to have it. :biggrin: Yes export your bookmarks and do a clean install to avoid any issues. Heck. I am still reluctant to upgrade cos dependent on my addons. Mozilla is going too fast in their browser war race for supremacy. Just recently out with FF6 and now already a patch with 6.02. :biggrin:

Thank you, you are correct, windoze no longer provide the option for removal of IE, I think since W2k IE6. I'm currently on Win7 and every time I starts a browser regardless of IE or FF, it prompts a browser default check box which I always choose no but I dont really know if that serves its purpose. Me too are dependent on quite a number of addons and plugins, it's going to be a headache if security is anything to go by with Mozilla moving at such a rate.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got navigational problems with google map using google chrome. Then IE too slow for Google map. FF is just as slow.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,uy, i happened to be that skilled person which i have been looking for myself.:biggrin:

the funny thing about the erratic problem is that it is fine on my FF6.0.2 on another machine and not the main one that i am using. thks.

Get a HTML skilled friend / family to help. Or learn that yourself slowly. (my answer)

Import 1 FT to do it (LEEgime's answer):eek::*:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,uy, i happened to be that skilled person which i have been looking for myself.:biggrin:

the funny thing about the erratic problem is that it is fine on my FF6.0.2 on another machine and not the main one that i am using. thks.

CSS definitions after a history of editing and alterations especially can contain many errors or ambiguous / confusing definitions, and it combined with the HTML together to confuse browsers. Different browsers / different Gelko engine version responds differently to different confusions. So at time some problems are hidden until another new bowser shows some funny rendering of pages.

I got these before. When new browsers appeared in market some of pages that worked well for years, suddenly ran away and shifted. That was because CSS were supplied by some downloaded programs and I only modified it without fully reading it inside out. And after years, can not remember any shit any more. When bug appeared de-bug until Siao! :*::eek::wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like i just have to live with it...:o

CSS definitions after a history of editing and alterations especially can contain many errors or ambiguous / confusing definitions, and it combined with the HTML together to confuse browsers. Different browsers / different Gelko engine version responds differently to different confusions. So at time some problems are hidden until another new bowser shows some funny rendering of pages.

I got these before. When new browsers appeared in market some of pages that worked well for years, suddenly ran away and shifted. That was because CSS were supplied by some downloaded programs and I only modified it without fully reading it inside out. And after years, can not remember any shit any more. When bug appeared de-bug until Siao! :*::eek::wink:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with 4 different browsers with IE being the default if you are using windoze, Chrome, FF, Safari, it is okay, no conflict. With Chrome you are going to complain as some plugins are incompatible, and addons not available. https://chrome.google.com/webstore?hl=en-US

Yo youtalkcock,

I got Chrome installed and cant get use to it so I got it uninstall. Now I cant open hyperlink on word pad. It flags an error message:

"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Do you know of any solution to resolve this? I google for a solution and found one that says to reinstall Chrome will fix the problem. I did not try as I dont like Chrome yet, too little options and features, may be not use to it.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is it when I launch Facebook on IE9 and Windows 7, I cannot add comments? I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yo youtalkcock,

I got Chrome installed and cant get use to it so I got it uninstall. Now I cant open hyperlink on word pad. It flags an error message:

"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Do you know of any solution to resolve this? I google for a solution and found one that says to reinstall Chrome will fix the problem. I did not try as I dont like Chrome yet, too little options and features, may be not use to it.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

I hope that your computer is virus free otherwise run a scan. By reinstalling Chrome you will know whether it was the cause of the problem. Then set your other browser as default. The last option would be System Restore. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that your computer is virus free otherwise run a scan. By reinstalling Chrome you will know whether it was the cause of the problem. Then set your other browser as default. The last option would be System Restore. :biggrin:

I did virus scan, nothing detected. I didnt install any anti-malware program as machine looks ok, no strange behavior. Yes, did think of doing System Restore but reluctant as it will affect some of the programs and updates in my machine. Quite a chore having to look for and reinstall those programs and updates so will leave it as a last resort. Besides on googling someone in another forum having almost identical problem (but in Outlook and Excel) mention System Restore doesnt fix the problem.

What I found out from another site is that installing Chrome, it makes a change in the registry and uninstalling Chrome corrupts it so reinstalling Chrome fixes the problem but there's no surety it will work on all systems. I may have to try System Restore and Chrome if no other option but just cant get use to Chrome, cant see any advantage and feels quite weird with its features.

I just found out one other fix from Microsoft but it's talking about Outlook and IE so am quite apprehensive in trying that fix. The manual fix requires exporting registry from another machine but my two machine is of different OS, Win7 and W2K so no go. Quite a headache with all this software issues.:(

Anyway thank you and if you know of or come across any fix, do let me know. I'll live with the problem for a while.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
youtalkcock said:
Do you have the same problem with other browsers? Still using IE9? * Face Palm *

Never try it on other browsers, just IE9. I just google facebook.com, download And install fb. I could comment on my iPhone though with the AppStore application.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have the same problem with other browsers? Still using IE9? * Face Palm *

Ya, while looking for a fix to my own machine problem I read that IE9 is not as impressive as Microsoft claims, infact quite a disaster, both version 32bits and 64bits. I think I read something about strange behavior in IE9 and about adding website to compatibility view, something to that effect. I will try locate the link and post it here if it's of any help.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What I found out from another site is that installing Chrome, it makes a change in the registry and uninstalling Chrome corrupts it so reinstalling Chrome fixes the problem but there's no surety it will work on all systems. I may have to try System Restore and Chrome if no other option but just cant get use to Chrome, cant see any advantage and feels quite weird with its features.

Then install Chrome to fix the problem and leave it unused otherwise you can keep searching for a solution. Before you install any software you should make it a point to create a System Restore point. :biggrin:

Last edited: