• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Viv B 3 clear messages on the AWARE debacle

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Don't use a single issue to hijack an agenda.
2) Don't bring religion into it.
3) Build a rainbow coalition. ( I hope you guys know what the rainbow euphemism is

After Teo's and Shanmugam's comments, this must be the clearest message.

Do we need a minister to give us his 2 cents on this issue?
Are our ministers so wise that only they can see the truth?

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you remember the so called "Marxist Conspiracy" of 1987. I recall how Lee Kuan Yew used the guise of Marxism to send a couple of strong signals and settle some old scores. One of the targets was "Liberation Theology" (Catholic Church). If AWARE doesn't shape up after Sat's EOGM, I think the whole gang will be invited for tea and cookies at MCYS (if they're lucky) or at the Home Affairs Ministry (not so lucky). I'm also expecting another tea session for selected church leaders.

There are 2 issues that stand out (for me) from this AWARE episode:

1. Christian Militancy has gone public. If left unchecked, they will make increasing demands for political space.

2. I am now convinced that the govt took the right course of action with regards to section 377A. I noticed that any mention of homosexuality would bring out the worst anal retentive instincts lurking in many Singaporeans. Singaporeans are not ready to handle this issue in a matured manner. The homosexuals amongst us are best advised to tread carefully and quietly.

Don't forget lots of our MPs & Cabinet Ministers are Christians including Vivian who is a Methodist. There was speculation that AssLoong is also Christian converted by his wife. His daughter, Xiuqi, is an Anglican who attends St Andrews Cathedral. His dying mother, Ah Kwa is a Baptist.

So, here we have AWARE, you think gahment want to clamp down on Christians meh? Unless some Mat or Minah complain, then swing action, otherwise stay mute.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do we need a minister to give us his 2 cents on this issue?
Are our ministers so wise that only they can see the truth?

One thing is for certain anybody who worships idols or do not believe in God do not have wisdom.

If a country is lead by such people we are in for a trouble and be prepared to go to hell.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget lots of our MPs & Cabinet Ministers are Christians including Vivian who is a Methodist. There was speculation that AssLoong is also Christian converted by his wife. His daughter, Xiuqi, is an Anglican who attends St Andrews Cathedral. His dying mother, Ah Kwa is a Baptist.

So, here we have AWARE, you think gahment want to clamp down on Christians meh? Unless some Mat or Minah complain, then swing action, otherwise stay mute.

You sure vivian is a christian. I tot his cv mentioned he is a Hindu?

If he is Christian he shouldn't have said that. God should have primacy over secular interests.

Is lky a Christian too? Why he never convert after so many of his family are?

I am really in doubt if they are truly Christians, otherwise they wouldn't have said what they have said and done what they have done.

Like what do you want hawker center food court or restaurant?

And losing 280 billions of our taxpayers monies!

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
3) Build a rainbow coalition. ( I hope you guys know what the rainbow euphemism is

No , the goverement is just not used to the IDEA of REAL DEMOCRACY. Fight fair aand square.

To them staying in power is a norm. To be ousted like AWARE old guard , they cant accept it !

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhist and gay colour flags the same?

Don't you know what rainbow symbolise in the Bible,,,,

A promise from God,,,,,

I also doubt TeeKee is a true christian, he is with us but not of us

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

"The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the frog?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tell you this COOS group and that pastor of theirs is damn lucky Harry is still not PM...come to think of it, if he were they would not have the cunts or the balls to even attempt such a stunt like this...naturally Josie and her self proclaimed feminist mentor are singing all the correct tunes in public, however action speaks louder than words and you can smell their christian right wing agenda as each day goes by...and treasurer new exco Maureen better becareful because if what TNP reported is correct, she already appears to have crossed the OB marker line by bringing up Syriah Law issues:eek:

I see you noted the red flag. How did syriah law come into debate is beyond me.. Yes, you are right, old man would have crucified the lot in a heartbeat.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure he meant it. Both Teo and Shanmugam were beating around the bush. Viv B notorious for ill timed remarks seemed measured in this instance. I could be wrong. I sensed the single issue was meant for the new guard more so for the old guard.

As to religion, your first point is the issue. More religion is tied with politics, voting will be along those lines. Religion will always be a no go zone. Overs the years, its religion more so than race. One difficult tasks is to spread the pain of control equally among the deviants from the main religions to avoid perception of bias.

I didn't get that about the rainbow coalition! You think it was deliberate, and not a Freudian slip? Perhaps he intended to say that an organisation must relate to various constituences but was thinking about the gay issue, which then interfered with his choice of words? He has been known to make mistakes with his phrasing.

Also, he didn't say not to "use" a single issue to hijack an agenda (which points the finger at the new exco) but not to "let" a single issue hijack an agenda (which I thought was directed at the old AWARE).

Actually, I wasn't very sure of his message. For example, he said religion must not be allowed to be damaged etc. by entering the hurly burly of politics. Is he warning the religious organisations? Or is he telling civil society to be careful not to ruffle the religious wings' feathers? I find the latter message quite depressing.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe by now the top honcho of the Anglican diocese would have been called up not for warning but to find his understanding of the church role in this. The purpose would be to determine where the Church and Bishop stands on this. The callup would be message in itself.

As you rightly pointed out, there is no way in hell that political space will be given to organised religion. The Muslims have been told of this and to avoid any bias, they will act on this lot if necessary.
I agree with on section 2 as well.

The situation however is not to the extent that Paul Jacob dreamt of when he wrote his delusionary piece. At this stage, its one aunty, one nephew, his wife and a couple of "newbies" (their term) looking to be mentored.

Do you remember the so called "Marxist Conspiracy" of 1987. I recall how Lee Kuan Yew used the guise of Marxism to send a couple of strong signals and settle some old scores. One of the targets was "Liberation Theology" (Catholic Church). If AWARE doesn't shape up after Sat's EOGM, I think the whole gang will be invited for tea and cookies at MCYS (if they're lucky) or at the Home Affairs Ministry (not so lucky). I'm also expecting another tea session for selected church leaders.

There are 2 issues that stand out (for me) from this AWARE episode:

1. Christian Militancy has gone public. If left unchecked, they will make increasing demands for political space.

2. I am now convinced that the govt took the right course of action with regards to section 377A. I noticed that any mention of homosexuality would bring out the worst anal retentive instincts lurking in many Singaporeans. Singaporeans are not ready to handle this issue in a matured manner. The homosexuals amongst us are best advised to tread carefully and quietly.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, there are also a number who attend non traditional churches eg. new creation... I understand your concern

However, these guys are more power hungry than religious. They will clamp down on anyone who gets too troublesome ie. lawyers, Muslims, Christians, Burmese, etc....

It starts with a quiet warning and indirect references in public. If the signals don't connect, then the PAP goon squad starts to crank up.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"You sure vivian is a christian. I tot his cv mentioned he is a Hindu?"

Vivian is a Christian and he (like his colleagues) carefully keep their religious preferences in the background. I would also point out that his CV contains no reference to his religion.

"If he is Christian he shouldn't have said that. God should have primacy over secular interests."

Here is something for you to read and reflect on:

http://www.ttc.edu.sg/csca/CS/2003-Apr/The Christian and Inter.pdf

"Is lky a Christian too? Why he never convert after so many of his family are?"

I think Christianity can't handle an ego as big as LKY's

"I am really in doubt if they are truly Christians, otherwise they wouldn't have said what they have said and done what they have done."

So what should they have done as true Christians?