• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Video Footage of VW Golf GTI Before Crash at ECP

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U drive after 3am??? Take a cab, bro!!

Been doing so for more than 10 years. Almost nightly. Cab not convenient. I stop drinking at 2am to recuperate if out drinking. Other times from RWS to home.

My observation is these hell drivers drive Civics, Evos, WRXs and BMWs. Hardly get to see Kia and Hyundai in fast and furious action.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been doing so for more than 10 years. Almost nightly. Cab not convenient. I stop drinking at 2am to recuperate if out drinking. Other times from RWS to home.

My observation is these hell drivers drive Civics, Evos, WRXs and BMWs. Hardly get to see Kia and Hyundai in fast and furious action.

At least get a valet or driver. Don't play play!!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Car is simply overload and overweight.
Couple with the set of almost worn out tyres and speeding, he's asking for trouble.

yup, we're a lot safer now, and can "safely" say he's out of trouble now :p

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
RIP to all the dead

but people who speed like that are just causing grief to other road users
i heard the rich say one reason they buy european cars is so that will be protected in the event of an accident....... yah even when you the driver cause it.....

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dead passenger was a Taiwan model - Murphy 茉妃

東海岸大道朝機場的馬林風景路出口處,前天早晨發生的2死4傷致命車禍。死者是33歲的男司機何伯明和台灣女子陳仁儀(24歲)。4名傷者是本地人林秀英(28歲)、台灣人蕭雅芳(24歲)、陳晨敏(30歲,男)與陳文晨(24歲。據悉,女死者生前是模特兒,據面子書資料,她自稱“茉妃”,是寫真女郎,事發前在面子書上放了不少性感照。

Source: http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/522845

549588_518685174815055_1369269115_n.jpg

Got GTI and model around, want to hao lian lah....

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
That driver either has very poor judgement or could be partially intoxicated. At that speed, he could have sensed it as extremely dangerous to make that left turn, but should instead continued forward, slowed down and take the next left turn to Siglap Road instead.

By the way, that the Taiwanese Chio Bu had sacrificed her life in this manner is really a waste indeed. Nice tits I would agree.

Probably all could still be alive if he had driven a Volvo instead, solid as a tank.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That driver either has very poor judgement or could be partially intoxicated. At that speed, he could have sensed it as extremely dangerous to make that left turn, but should instead continued forward, slowed down and take the next left turn to Siglap Road instead.

By the way, that the Taiwanese Chio Bu had sacrificed her life in this manner is really a waste indeed. Nice tits I would agree.

Probably all could still be alive if he had driven a Volvo instead, solid as a tank.

there was this md driving back to office to retrieve some docs quite long ago, but his almost brand new Volvo s80 hugged a tree so it depends...

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came across many stories told by workshop mechanics on the 'solidness' of 'ang mo ciars' when it comes to accidents. Other than its safety, they are 'headache' cars.

The sturdiness of ang moh cars not true as debunked by photos posted here by Uncle Sam. They would also crack like peanuts in any high impact accidents. To be safe, drive a tank instead.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The sturdiness of ang moh cars not true as debunked by photos posted here by Uncle Sam. They would also crack like peanuts in any high impact accidents. To be safe, drive a tank instead.

Safety does not mean as solid as a tank. Safety is about having a very strong passenger cage and a VERY WEAK everything else.

For example, exotic supercars are designed such that the engine compartment breaks off upon severe impact in order to dissipate energy.

People see a sports car with the engine sheared off and say "crap car... split in two!" but that's the way it was designed so that the kinetic energy of the engine assembly is deducted from the crash equation when the engine flies off into the distance. :p If it didn't, that energy would play a part in cracking skulls instead.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safety does not mean as solid as a tank. Safety is about having a very strong passenger cage and a VERY WEAK everything else.

For example, exotic supercars are designed such that the engine compartment breaks off upon severe impact in order to dissipate energy.

People see a sports car with the engine sheared off and say "crap car... split in two!" but that's the way it was designed so that the kinetic energy of the engine assembly is deducted from the crash equation when the engine flies off into the distance. :p If it didn't, that energy would play a part in cracking skulls instead.
From my understanding, many of the cars today are designed such that the engine will slide under the carriage upon a front collision and the bonnet is supposed to crumple upwards instead of being pushed back towards the driver.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
From my understanding, many of the cars today are designed such that the engine will slide under the carriage upon a front collision and the bonnet is supposed to crumple upwards instead of being pushed back towards the driver.

Those with front engines are designed so that the engine is pushed under the passenger compartment while the front structure crumples.

For rear engined cars, the engine is designed to break off in the event of a side impact. You can see the design in this image :

lamborghini-aventador-rolling-chassis_100360274_l.jpg

The whole rear portion is bolted on to the cockpit and the bolts are designed to snap upon side impact.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP to all of them, especially the innocent passengers.

it can happen to anyone.

Depending on individual belief.

In this case, personally I don't think the dead would rip.

Cos they were killed in shock and tragic manner.

Some of these souls may not even realise they were 'dead' and keep hanging around that spot as spirits...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a possibility that the ABS had played a part in this accident. I know you guys will say that ABS is a safety feature, but I am always skeptical because owing to the automatic brake-and-release action by the ABS, it may actually take a slightly longer time to slow down the vehicle, especially in a dry road condition. Just my assessment.

Last edited: