• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Verdict : Singapore Constitution Isn't that Democratic

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want Singapore to be like China's unaccountable one-party dictatorship where the state can seize your land and evict you from your house with virtually no compensation at all? If a parliament can't come to an unanimous decision, so be it. Parties can either make do with a proportionate share of the government budget to finance their pet projects or form coalitions with one another. I'm an anarcho-capitalist. I'm firmly of the belief that the interests of the individual should take precedence over that of the collective. Forced solidarity is no solidarity at all.

No, they didn't. What they rejected was Alternative Vote (AV). It's just another form of "winner takes all" voting which I advocate against.

Ahem, while democracies in the West suffered under the financial crisis and inaction to solve the financial crisis, China's GDP continued to growth. In some democracies, health and standard of living is worse off than in China.

AV and PR are just similar twins. You think it's a viable system?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want Singapore to be like China's unaccountable one-party dictatorship where the state can seize your land and evict you from your house with virtually no compensation at all? If a parliament can't come to an unanimous decision, so be it. Parties can either make do with a proportionate share of the government budget to finance their pet projects or form coalitions with one another. I'm an anarcho-capitalist. I'm firmly of the belief that the interests of the individual should take precedence over that of the collective. Forced solidarity is no solidarity at all.

No, they didn't. What they rejected was Alternative Vote (AV). It's just another form of "winner takes all" voting which I advocate against.

You claim democracy is a better choice for the people. A high proportion of the population in the US did not want the Iraq War. Their legislators whom they voted in voted for the war. After that, the legislators who are supposed to care for the well being of the economy for the people, voted in bills that fan the flames of the financial crisis. Democracy is good eh?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahem, while democracies in the West suffered under the financial crisis and inaction to solve the financial crisis, China's GDP continued to growth.

And yet, the GDP per capita of China is still worse than bloody Botswana and the Chinese rich are leaving PRC en masse for "suffering" democracies in the West. :rolleyes:

In some democracies, health and standard of living is worse off than in China.

When did I argue that democracy is all a country needs to prosper? Next, you'll be telling me how some fit athletes die younger than couch potatoes, proving that exercise is a bad thing. :rolleyes:

AV and PR are just similar twins.

A single-winner system (AV) is similar to a pluralistic system? Do black and white appear the same to you too?

You think it's a viable system?

Don't ask me. Ask the Swedes, Swiss, Taiwanese, Norwegians, Danish, Japanese, New Zealanders and South Koreans. Do their countries look like failed states to you?

You claim democracy is a better choice for the people.

Specifically, I claimed that power to the people i.e. democracy is better than no power to the people. If you think power is a bad thing, by all means give it up.

A high proportion of the population in the US did not want the Iraq War. Their legislators whom they voted in voted for the war. After that, the legislators who are supposed to care for the well being of the economy for the people, voted in bills that fan the flames of the financial crisis.

So the best way to get governments to work for the people is to remove democracy and accountability? :eek: Anyway, thanks for corroborating my point that democracy is more than just electing representatives into parliament. If America were as democratic as Switzerland, legislators there would have no chance in hell to push through their undemocratic bills. :rolleyes:

Democracy is good eh?

[video=youtube;GRFtKVbi8r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRFtKVbi8r8[/video]

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Right now Russia's Putin and his beloved Chinese comrades are saying that attacks against the Syrian state are being choreographed by the CIA, NATO, Israel, etc. Attacks against Syria may very well have been choreographed by the CIA. I have no idea about that, but it certainly would not surprise me. Other articles bring in the NATO and Israeli connections to say that they plan to invade Syria. That may be true as well.

Our opposition to the Syrian regime does not betoken support for the Israeli state, NATO or the CIA.

All dictatorial regimes, all corrupt governments, all false-flag operations, all cabalistic initiatives will be overturned. None will survive no matter on which side of the fence they exist.

All of them will go by divine decree.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right now Russia's Putin and his beloved Chinese comrades are saying that attacks against the Syrian state are being choreographed by the CIA, NATO, Israel, etc. Attacks against Syria may very well have been choreographed by the CIA. I have no idea about that, but it certainly would not surprise me. Other articles bring in the NATO and Israeli connections to say that they plan to invade Syria. That may be true as well.

Our opposition to the Syrian regime does not betoken support for the Israeli state, NATO or the CIA.

All dictatorial regimes, all corrupt governments, all false-flag operations, all cabalistic initiatives will be overturned. None will survive no matter on which side of the fence they exist.

All of them will go by divine decree.

A lot of schizos in this forum :(