• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegetarian eating what is your views?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have been a vegetarian for 7 years and turn vegan recently.

There are so many myth regarding vegetarianism and staying away form meat-eating. I have been away from meat eating for nearly a decade, will do a decade celebration when i reach that.

Please ask any questions on that if you have any.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
my view is that a CCB ah gua pimp like u should stay away from this forum, forever :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do not feel a lack in energy. IN fact, i am more mentally alert and physically energized. I can do a 10km easily, no sweat at all.

bekindtonaimals

Alfrescian
Loyal
been a vegetarian since young. most impt gives u a clear conscience. can sleep well at night. my existence is not at the expense of some poor animal

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
been a vegetarian since young. most impt gives u a clear conscience. can sleep well at night. my existence is not at the expense of some poor animal

Wow.. i didn't realise that until i was in my 20s... You are really lucky and smart to make that change when you were so young.

Did your parents encourage you to turn veg?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are so many myth regarding vegetarianism and staying away form meat-eating. I have been away from meat eating for nearly a decade, will do a decade celebration when i reach that.

What I know & have eating, vegetarian food in Singapore is not healthy, especially those, so-called vegatarian food in the food centres etc.

Too much of ingredients, that do not promote healthy living, too much oil, too much colouring, too much flour, too much salt...

On more thing, why the need for MOCK food?, if one is vegetarian?, mock duck, mock chicken, mock fish, mock prawns, it is making a MOCKery out of vegetarians.

Being a vegetarians, wether religious or not, means staying off meat & meat related food.

One eats vegatables, fruits & vegatable related food to get the esential nutrients, but in Singapore, we have MOCK vegetarians.

Not easy to be a vegan in Singapore....not that hard though!...but my point of view is that, we have plenty of MOCK vegetarians around!!!..and they are really not eating healthy!

bekindtonaimals

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I know & have eating, vegetarian food in Singapore is not healthy, especially those, so-called vegatarian food in the food centres etc.

Too much of ingredients, that do not promote healthy living, too much oil, too much colouring, too much flour, too much salt...

many of us are veg out of compassion, not for health reasons

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

On more thing, why the need for MOCK food?, if one is vegetarian?, mock duck, mock chicken, mock fish, mock prawns, it is making a MOCKery out of vegetarians.

Being a vegetarians, wether religious or not, means staying off meat & meat related food.

One eats vegatables, fruits & vegatable related food to get the esential nutrients, but in Singapore, we have MOCK vegetarians.

Not easy to be a vegan in Singapore....not that hard though!...but my point of view is that, we have plenty of MOCK vegetarians around!!!..and they are really not eating healthy!

My friend, Being a vegetarain need not to choose food that is unhealthy for you. If among those veggie food that is unhealthy, then dun choose it in your dish.

If i order a rice with 3 dishes added on it, then dun choose those dish that you think is unhealthy. YOu mean you need to eat watever they give you, there isn't rules or regulation for that.

As for mock dishes, there are a few reasons why they sell it. It is to allow those who are not vegetarian to get used to having to change to a vegetarian diet, so that is to allow non-veg to get used to it.

another reason is that having mock dishes can also enhance the price of the dish and easy sellable. Pple are too used to see meat stuff in noodles and rice, so for marketing sense, they do that to make their veggie dishes more sellable.

And for those health - conscious vegetarian or others who are health conscious who thinking of switching to vegetarian diet. i believe they have the motivation to research more what to eat even among vegetarian food to be healthy.

They may choose fresh fruits and veggies in their dish all the time. It is their choice and not the choice of the seller to indicate that you eat what they sell.

If we do a comparison, eating mock meat is much better having to kill and get the real meat. Mock meat does not involved killing action to be performed.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
No i don't. Vegan means avoid meat, eggs, milk and products that has eggs and milk in it. Vegan also dun use leather products, no honey, no silk, . basically Zero animal product.

u try to talk like some1 with compassion..

but why u have deep hatred for all things singapore :oIo::oIo:

stop pretending to be a nice guy.. u r a living off your prostitute ladyboy gf's chicken fees..:oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As from the question of one forumer, singlev, who mentioned that he can't do without meat eating. If you set ur mind to try it out, do the change slowly so as to let your body adjust it slowly.

Start off reduce your meat intake weekly and add in a little veggie food weekly, a gradual change will be easier and better.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

some serious questions:

1. Any improvements in health have u observed after 7 years?
2. I would hv agreed on veg as healthy staple in days of old. Today, with so many chemicals in our veges, is turning veg really better? Unless u'r into organics.
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows. Is there any reason why we shld stay away from meats other than compassion, and toxins, which may also be present in vegs?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
_
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows _

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
some serious questions:

1. Any improvements in health have u observed after 7 years?
2. I would hv agreed on veg as healthy staple in days of old. Today, with so many chemicals in our veges, is turning veg really better? Unless u'r into organics.
3. If God intended for us to be vegs, we wold be born with only molars and well-developed caecums, like cows. Is there any reason why we shld stay away from meats other than compassion, and toxins, which may also be present in vegs?

I run better in long distance, i seldom visit doctors. Non for any sickness except for some rare external problem like cuts or eye irritations. That happen once in a blue moon. Nothing related to fever or colds. I save a lot on medical fees per year.I can work longer hours and have stamina.

It is always one of the reason that non-vegetarians talk about chemicals on veggies that justify their conscience in meat-eating. There isn't any conscience in meat eating at all. Yes, for people who are into it, organics is the way.

But if you compare to eating plants that are non-organic and compare to meat eating that involves the action of killing animals, plant eating is a more humane diet.

Look into your bible, there is a phrase where god says that all herbs and plants are for consumption. Your god didn't say anything about meat-eating for humans.

Our teeth are molar for grinding and our intestine are very long for digestion of food with fibers and not for meat. Please google it if you wanna know more yourself.

Last edited: