• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VB lowered the water level of Marina Barage leow

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I notice this morning the water level of our canal was lowered in anticipation of the heavy rain that did not arrived. But I must applaud VB for taking a sensible move in finding the causes of our flooding problem although this time heaven ignore his engineering approach.

I was cycling along the Kallang river in Macpershon after the drizzzle and for the first time in over a year I was surprise the river is dry, usually it is at least a foot deep. I was curious and cycled to Dokata Creasant to checks the water level at the ovary, low and behold, you can see the visible marking and it was at least 2 feet below the usual.

Let's see whether is this a one time effort or a permananet effort to lower the water level of our rivers.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is true then Marina Barrage contributed to floods. And having to keep pumping out 2 feet of water each time it rains kind of defeat the whole purpose.

Given the size of the catchment area, 2 feet of water is heck of a lot of water.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeap. Already siad it many time. Revise the water level in MB reduce by 0.5m (500mm) .
Just reduce by 0.5m will have extra more than 1000 times standard olympic swimming pool to store water during raining storm.