• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Two-year-old boy dies from brain-eating bug in Nevada after playing in hot springs water

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Two-year-old boy dies from brain-eating bug in Nevada after playing in hot springs water​

• Doctors said he was infected by Naegleria fowleri, which is fatal 97% of the time
  • The deadly amoeba is known to travel up the nasal canal to reach the brain
A toddler has died after contracting a deadly brain-eating amoeba while swimming in Nevada.

His mother, Briana Bundy, announced the two-year-old's death in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

She wrote: 'Woodrow Turner Bundy returned victoriously to our father in heaven at 2:56 am.

'He is my hero and I will forever be grateful to God for giving me the goodest (sic) baby boy on earth, and I am grateful to know I will have that boy in heaven someday.'

Woodrow passed away on July 19 from the infection caused by Naegleria fowleri, which is fatal in almost all cases. Only a handful of Americans have ever survived it.

Woodrow Turner Bundy has died after contracting a deadly brain-eating amoeba

• Woodrow Turner Bundy has died after contracting a deadly brain-eating amoeba
The mother of Woodrow Bundy, Briana, announced the two-year-old's death in a heartbreaking Facebook post on Tuesday

The mother of Woodrow Bundy, Briana, announced the two-year-old's death in a heartbreaking Facebook post on Tuesday

The pathogen - which thrives in warm water - is believed to have got into his system while he played in the hot springs in Ash Springs.

Woodrow's parents noticed something was not right when the boy began suffering 'flu-like symptoms' last week.

He was rushed to the hospital, where doctors first thought he had meningitis.

They realized too late he actually had Naegleria fowleri, which has a 97 percent kill rate.

An amoeba is a tiny, single-celled animal that can be found in warm freshwater such as lakes and rivers. It cannot survive in salt water and is not contagious from person to person.

Generally, the amoeba enters through the nose and travels through the sinuses to the brain, where it triggers primary amebic meningoencephalitis - a rare and usually fatal brain infection.

It spreads up nerves to the brain, where it multiplies and destroys tissue and causes the brain to swell.

In the early stages, patients initially experience headache, fever, nausea and vomiting, but days and weeks later they can also face hallucinations and seizures.

Only five people out of the more than 150 who got the microscopic bug in the US between 1962 and 2023 survived.

In a Facebook post two days ago, Mrs Woodrow said the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention refused to give her child any more medication because he was 'past the point of any survivor.'

She added: 'He currently shows no brain activity but there are still a few things we are trying.'

72937089-12320499-image-a-31_1689871172189.jpg

Source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ing-bug-Nevada-playing-hot-springs-water.html

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still dare to go Sembawang Hot Spring Park?

Sembawang Hot Spring Park​

Sembawang Hot Spring Park is a natural hot spring and a public park in Singapore.[1] It is located beside a military camp about 100 metres (330 ft) off the main road, Gambas Avenue. Like hot springs worldwide, it can have health healing properties with proper use in moderation[citation needed], and its natural spring water had once been bottled commercially by Fraser and Neave, under the brand name of Seletaris. Since its discovery in 1909, the spring has been through a few changes of ownership and potential redevelopment proposals. The hot spring has a rural rustic feel for visitors to unwind from the hustle and bustle of the modern metropolitan city. The National Parks Board took over the ownership of the park for redevelopment, which officially reopened on 4 January 2020.[2] Sembawang Hot Spring is one of two hot springs in Singapore, with the other located on Pulau Tekong.[3]
Sembawang Hot Spring Park
Sembawang Hot Spring
Sembawang Hot Spring Park Entrance.jpg
The entrance of Sembawang Hot Spring Park
Sembawang Hot Spring Park is located in Singapore
Sembawang Hot Spring Park

TypeHot spring
LocationSembawang, Singapore
Nearest townSembawang
Coordinates1.4344°N 103.8224°E
Area1.1 hectares (11,000 m2)
Opened4 January 2020; 3 years ago
Owned byNational Parks Board
Managed byNational Parks Board
ParkingNone
FacilitiesHot spring
WebsiteOfficial website

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
First line of defence of a human being is to blow nose and sneeze out any viruses & microscopic animals. Maybe he too young to do that while swimming. My kid also took very long to learn how to blow nose.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
First line of defence of a human being is to blow nose and sneeze out any viruses & microscopic animals. Maybe he too young to do that while swimming. My kid also took very long to learn how to blow nose.
I clean my nose regularly. Clear it of boogers and flick them to some bodies who are sitting too close or talking too loud. :cool: