• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VB blames the weather

M

Masamune Date

Damn Funny How Sinkies blame the government instead of the weather

11131982af27e67c49abc95b1d6d13463359a808.jpg

"So what can u do about it manokie? Hahahahaha"

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
VB say "Man needs to be humble when addressing the challenges that Nature poses". Make me wonder the voter vote against pappy is call "human nature", so he will be humble to this nature or not.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Half Breed Viv should be humble and stop blaming the weather and donate his pay if he cannot think of a solution to resolve the 'once in 50 years flooding'.

For smarter and wiser peasants, they understood the barrage, a self glorification white elephant to praise Old Autocrat is the cause of all this misery.

We built like an enclosed catchment area. When it rains, we become one giant swimming pool!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Half Breed Viv should be humble and stop blaming the weather and donate his pay if he cannot think of a solution to resolve the 'once in 50 years flooding'.

For smarter and wiser peasants, they understood the barrage, a self glorification white elephant to praise Old Autocrat is the cause of all this misery.

hi there

1. dream on man!
2. viv being humble.
3. this must be the funniest joke.

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
VB is well known good for nothing...

only can blame blame blame but can solve problem....

later use another 300millions projects to and over budget again to 1billions +++

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
After touring some affeced buildings (the worst affected was Tanglin Mall), I met the press to share my preliminary thoughts on the issue of flooding. Preliminary because I have only been two weeks on the job, and I am not an engineer.

To me, this is a very telling comment and it confirms what all singaporeans suspect. This clown is not qualified for this post. Plain and simple. Would a trained engineer have a better and faster grasp on the situation, yes, no doubt. So, why did Vivian the Chindian not turn this post down when it was offered to him? Because he wants the high pay. If he really cared about the country, should he not have asked that a train engineer be given this post instead of himself. Yes, he should have done that but did not because he is a selfish power hungry and greedy SOB.

This than begs the question, if he is not qualified, than why did gay Loong offer him this post? He has already proven himself as an abject failure from the YPG fiasco, and yet he is given a post of great responsibility. As a leader, is it not gay Loong's task to place qualifed and able people into positions where they can make an immediate difference? By Vivian's comments, it appears that he is learning on the job. Is that fair to singaporeans to pay millions $ salary to this jackass so that he can learn on the job? He claims that he is new on the job, and he is not a trained engineer, and there is much information to gather, and than at the same time he has enough engineering knowledge that he already knows he cannot guarantee an outcome? What kind of double talk shit is that?

From what I can see, an unqualified person took a job that should never have been offered to him in the interest of a fat paycheque. Maybe old goat was right that if you offer some one a lot of money, they may be morally strong enough to resist corruption. However, it opens up the situation where a morally bankrupt person would take a job for a lot of money too.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his ministerial statement yesterday VB said, amongst others "......human engineering.........." Clearly this overpaid half breed used the words wrongly! Should it not be " xxx engineering or technology"?
KNN we pay so much money to a dumbshit who can.t even get words right much less manage floods!
Also he is playing taiji as much as when he set recycling goal by 10% point in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow 10 years! He won't be around then - how cunning is this half breed! :biggrin::mad::oIo:

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes yes ivebert is correct.

I think the actress fault. She ask for water so now heaven give many many water! Tanglin right?

Fucking Losers

Everyone knows that when 80% of the rain falls on 1 day, you get something like this

What's the big deal?

Fucking incompetent local trashes
Have high standards but they are low-standards :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Assoc%20Prof%20Yaacob%20Ibrahim%20171x256.jpg

"Looks like my investment for a bomoh to delay the flood after elections has paid off.
Sorry Vivian. Hehe"

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the PAP logo, they're supposed to be "the thunder/lightning god". Any precipitation should be under their wings. he...he...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come nobody bring out the chillies and onions?
[video=youtube;ka6bxFw4pSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6bxFw4pSY[/video]

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
if vivian tinks he can get away with it (like he's avoiding answering his YOG overspending) , then he's DEAD WRONG!!
COZ, d rain n flood will make him pay 4 his karma.

***a dentist pull teeth ... he dont pull away d floods***

McDollar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me PUB / VB / Yaacob, no more CLOGGED CULVERT??

Why flood ah?

This time where is the clog? :rolleyes:

The clog is in the Istana correct or not? :eek:

The clog is that LCB ex-MM that refused to be evicted from Sri Temasek :p

Correct?
:wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Fucking Losers

Everyone knows that when 80% of the rain falls on 1 day, you get something like this

What's the big deal?

Fucking incompetent local trashes
Have high standards but they are low-standards :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

This is two different things. People don't blame the weather for the flooding, nor do they blame the govt. for the weather. People blame the govt. because they claim to be the bestest in the world and want to get paid the bestest salary. So, when bad weather comes people expect that NO flooding happens, because bestest people supposed to do the bestest job and prevent flooding. If the govt. were paid normal salary like other govts. in the US and the UK, than people will not criticize the govt. because of flooding, since these govts. never ask to get paid very high salary because they are the bestest.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly the point. These imbeciles still have no idea why people are mad and will not except excuses. If you collect money claiming that you can fly to the moon you jolly well fly to the moon. They still can't can it thru their thick skull that this govt lost 5 seats and performed so badly in 52 years since they came to power despite the best performing GDP increase ever.

Reminds me of the clown who went to LSE and compared old man to Mandela.

This is two different things. People don't blame the weather for the flooding, nor do they blame the govt. for the weather. People blame the govt. because they claim to be the bestest in the world and want to get paid the bestest salary. So, when bad weather comes people expect that NO flooding happens, because bestest people supposed to do the bestest job and prevent flooding. If the govt. were paid normal salary like other govts. in the US and the UK, than people will not criticize the govt. because of flooding, since these govts. never ask to get paid very high salary because they are the bestest.

Last edited:

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF U SAY U NOT AN ENGINEER..... y den u action action go c n check @ mandalay rd??

let's face it , vivian .... u can only pull teeth

its time u tender ur resignation

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly the point. These imbeciles still have no idea why people are mad and will not except excuses. If you collect money claiming that you can fly to the moon you jolly well fly to the moon. They still can't can it thru their thick skull that this govt lost 5 seats and performed so badly in 52 years since they came to power despite the best performing GDP increase ever.

Reminds me of the clown who went to LSE and compared old man to Mandela.

Brother [scroobal],
Pardon me, and I am not any better than you, but I believe in the above context, it should be accept (re: accept something), rather than except (which means exception).
Sincerely,
Charlie

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame longkang clogged, blame the weather change, now blame software .... :rolleyes:

Why Tanglin Mall didn't get flood alerts
By Wayne Chan | Posted: 06 June 2011 2240 hrs

SINGAPORE: National water agency PUB has responded to concerns raised by the Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) that building owners did not receive flood alerts on Sunday and were caught off guard.

PUB said building owners along Orchard Road such as Tong Building, Delfi, Lucky Plaza and Supreme Hotel had received the alerts.

The only exceptions were Tanglin Mall and St Regis.

It said this was due to a problem with the system software which will be immediately rectified.

PUB also responded to the association's concerns about the effect that its road-raising works had on the flood situation in Orchard Road.

PUB said the Orchard Road road-raising project did not contribute to the floods on Sunday.

It said without the raising, the situation would have been worse, given the higher intensity of rainfall.

It explained the junction of Cuscaden Road and Tomlinson Road is currently being raised and the works are expected to be completed by the end of this month.

Water along Cuscaden Road is designed to flow towards Orchard Road.

PUB added the flooding in the affected buildings were due to a combination of an excessive amounts of rain which fell directly into the basements and the inability of the buildings' internal drainage pumps to cope.

It said Sunday's rainfall was more intense than that of June last year, with about 65mm recorded within 30mins, compared to the 100mm within two hours on June 16, 2010.

-CNA/wk