• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

using money

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
no problem buying the street
my friend went to view the condo
he wrote a cheque
bought the whole building!!!!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
me no understand hokkien

as for using money to buy this and that and threaten and bully, ive seen other ways besides buying up streets.....to bully and threaten and feel superior

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for using money to buy this and that and threaten and bully, ive seen other ways besides buying up streets.....to bully and threaten and feel superior

only govs can buy up streets through eminent domain legislation. private enterprise and individuals can buy buildings, plots and sometimes islands.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
me no understand hokkien

Okay Wendy, here goes your Cantonese ver : Yau cheen mak tou tak, Mo cheen mak Lan tou um tak..:wink:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last year, I witnessed a similar incident, at the chicken rice restaurant on top floor of Katong 112. A male customer waiting in line for his (self-carry) chicken rice, was unhappy with the (ah beng) serving staff for some reason (I'm not sure what), and the male customer walked aside, whipped out his phone, made a call, came back to the (ah beng) staff and said in a loud, angry voice, "Do you know who was that I just spoke with on the phone?". The ah beng said, "huh?" The customer gestured rudely and snorted, "That was the owner of this restaurant. And I just told him your name!" and stormed out and left after saying that.

Empathizing and sympathizing with how fucked up the scenario and the customer was, and putting myself in the staff's shoes (and possibly fearing for my job, if I were him), and so I was feeling rather bad for the staff, and to my surprise and respect, true to the ah beng that he was, he turned to his fellow staff and said something like, "He ask me who he was speaking with on the phone??? if he himself don't know who he's speaking to, how the fuck should *I* know??? And he say he know the boss and tell him my name, he think like that I will scared him ah? This is just a job, and I'm just doing my job. I can always look for another job if I need to, but I can't look for self-respect elsewhere (outside myself)."

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last year, I witnessed a similar incident, at the chicken rice restaurant on top floor of Katong 112. A male customer waiting in line for his (self-carry) chicken rice, was unhappy with the (ah beng) serving staff for some reason (I'm not sure what), and the male customer walked aside, whipped out his phone, made a call, came back to the (ah beng) staff and said in a loud, angry voice, "Do you know who was that I just spoke with on the phone?". The ah beng said, "huh?" The customer gestured rudely and snorted, "That was the owner of this restaurant. And I just told him your name!" and stormed out and left after saying that.

Empathizing and sympathizing with how fucked up the scenario and the customer was, and putting myself in the staff's shoes (and possibly fearing for my job, if I were him), and so I was feeling rather bad for the staff, and to my surprise and respect, true to the ah beng that he was, he turned to his fellow staff and said something like, "He ask me who he was speaking with on the phone??? if he himself don't know who he's speaking to, how the fuck should *I* know??? And he say he know the boss and tell him my name, he think like that I will scared him ah? This is just a job, and I'm just doing my job. I can always look for another job if I need to, but I can't look for self-respect elsewhere (outside myself)."

nice one , must go check out the restaurant

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was an incident at work recently and it ended with the customer saying :

he can buy the whole steet if he wants to

for those hypocritees who think F U C K aka forncate is vulgar, F U C K you.

using money to threaten and destroy someone, a business, is truly vulgar and ugly

and these peeps who use money to assert their so called superiority are no better than scum

It happens all the time. Your customer was being frank and open about it and he was just a small time player who can buy up the whole street which is peanuts.

The people who don't speak about it are doing it everyday fucking the peasants indirectly when the financial market is open. Hedge fund managers, traders, speculators, tycoons, and ultra-high net worth individuals are buying up commodities in the futures market worth hundreds of billions of dollars every single day driving up the prices of food, fuel, and other commodities fucking the world's peasants without saying "I'm buying thousands of contracts of rice, wheat, corn, soybeans, sugar, coffee, pork bellies, cattle, and oil futures to drive up the prices of food and energy to starve your whole family."

"Or, I'm buying thousands of the aforesaid futures contracts to increase your operating costs that will eventually drive you out of business."

Last edited:

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
true! it depends on how rich you are, most sinkies are half-fucked rich and has the thinking that they are very rich and are only the rich ones around. they drive benz and beemers, and having to pay their car instalments, how many on the road really buy their cars in one full payment?

ignore is best!

people with money always think they are invincible.