• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

USA vs China in the Olympics, who do you support??

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all the talk about China and SG in the Olympics, let's drag in another country into the mix. :biggrin:

If you were only to choose between US and China who will you support?? Personally I will support China as I'm after all still an Asian and I am always against the "Ang Mo Tua Kee" theory.

I came across http://www.nbcolympics.com/ NBC's website for the Olympics coverage.

Untitled-1.jpg

I always thought the table standings is arranged by looking at the Gold Medals?? Although you might argue that it might not be the table standing and they just want to show the US's results first but it's indeed misleading and it shows how Ang Mo also want "face" and this "ugly behavior" is not exclusive to "chinkie" and "sinkie"?? So much for the gracious Ang Mo?? :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the medal tally should be in order of gold, silver and bronze medals, not total medals. Winning gold (i.e. champion) is the measure of achievement in any sport.

I support China to top the tally too. This time China's showing more all around sporting prowess than the US, which are relying on swimming and Michael Phelps for most of their medals. Last time, the US media criticized China for being a few-tricks-pony, banking on table tennis, badminton, gymnastic and diving only. Now the US is looking like a one-trick-pony.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I always thought that a country should only allow their local breed to win any medals or even participate in it, let alone gold. There should be another column for Real Local Breed.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are American's company,of cos will show their people that their country is still leading the table in a way.

China should be still top of the table,when the game ends.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only recpect winner(1st place/Gold) without cheating. Winner should count base ond Gold not total medal. Yes yahoo US is misleading.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I wish that the Beijing organisers would have been as professional as their athletes in the Olympics. As it is, it is not.

And of course, the reason why they use the total medal tally is obvious in the first place. Americans don't admit defeat, so if they have to use a technicality to ensure they are no. 1, they would.

Do I support China or the US? Well, as I said, my sympathy is with China. I hope they do better. But I also hope that the organisers stop this shrouding attempts to self-censor, and refuse to answer difficult questions and to hide information. If they do that, then they would put their country in a better light.

Now people outside of China, will think of only one word when it comes to their overall behaviour: hypocrisy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To add insult to injury the US media have been slow in showing the oylmpics and they were the only country in the world i think to delay the opening ceremony by 12 hours. Obviously to edit out parts of the bejing oylmpics.

How could a 3rd world country like china show such glorious splendor????

Many sporting events were also delyaed or not shown.

Since u know US is not interested in non US sports. Even if it involves the world.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always thought that a country should only allow their local breed to win any medals or even participate in it, let alone gold. There should be another column for Real Local Breed.

Real local breed? Sinkie? Hehehe...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not just support the indvidual athlete or team that you like instead of going by nationality?

With all the talk about China and SG in the Olympics, let's drag in another country into the mix. :biggrin:

If you were only to choose between US and China who will you support?? Personally I will support China as I'm after all still an Asian and I am always against the "Ang Mo Tua Kee" theory.

I always thought the table standings is arranged by looking at the Gold Medals?? Although you might argue that it might not be the table standing and they just want to show the US's results first but it's indeed misleading and it shows how Ang Mo also want "face" and this "ugly behavior" is not exclusive to "chinkie" and "sinkie"?? So much for the gracious Ang Mo?? :o

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The USA has given me all the Hollywood greats, rock & roll, fast food, i-Pod, and almost every aspect of my life.

I'll support USA in kind :smile:

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's gotta be China for me!!!
not due to Ang Mo Tua Kee but more of support for our asian brudders n' sistas

Maybe I put it the wrong way when I used "Ang Mo Tua Kee", but I feel that it time for the western countries especially America to be reminded that they are longer automatically better when compared to Asian countries in any aspects.

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO CONTEST !

China wins hands down this time.

The US team highlights its decadence by not even winning in the events that they used to dominate..ie., track and field.

If they lose the basketball gold even with their NBA All-Stars team...it would be really disastrous.

And for the first time in decades, they will lose the 4x100m men's relay...by a mile !!

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

I came across http://www.nbcolympics.com/ NBC's website for the Olympics coverage.

Untitled-1.jpg

see the website by the chinese.

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml