• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Updated News/Gossips/KNNBCCB PAP Never Solve Haze Problem Thread

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are blessed with a GOoD government - MUAR PSI 750 Sunday June23 2013

You complain PxP Np good?? they are the best...can blow the haze away....:biggrin:
===========================================================================================

Haze: PM declares emergency status in Muar and Ledang (Updated)

G. Palanivel. G. Palanivel.

PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has agreed to declare emergency status on Sunday in Muar and Ledang with immediate effect after the API readings reached more than 750, said Natural Resources and Environment Minister Datuk Seri G. Palanivel.

As of 7.00am Sunday, the air pollutant index (API) in Muar has spiked to 746, which is more than twice the standard hazardous levels according to the Department of Environment website.

Meanwhile, Bernama reported two cities in Malacca also were in hazardous API territory as at 7am Sunday namely Bandaraya Melaka and Bukit Rambai with readings of 357 and 334 respectively.

Palanivel said the highest API ever recorded in Malaysia was in Sarawak in 1997 with a reading of 860.

He also said that the National Security Council (NSC) would issue instructions for residents to stay indoors and direct schools in several states to remain closed.

"NSC should look at cloud seeding operations immediately," he said. - Bernama

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HAZE ?!!! > CHEAP & GOOD air filter system

Thanks bro, being in JB and having kids got no time to look for stuff. I just think that filters like these should be widely available at clinics, hospitals and other convenience stores.

Got to admit that I didn't think about the DIY solution :smile:
Having a cheap solution is a good idea especially since the stocks of the expensive air cleaners are sold out.

I also heard that the aroma therapy burners & the supplies are doing a booming business:eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HAZE ?!!! > CHEAP & GOOD air filter system

Did it work?

Yes the filters do work. If I remember the filtrets are by 3M. One of the companies that makes those N95 masks.

However the problem with using those filters is that you have to discard after a while. You can't just wash the filters. Since there wasn't a haze problem back then I just relied on the plastic filters that came with the aircon.

Now with the haze situation I am going to try using the filters with my fan.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: We are blessed with a GOoD government - MUAR PSI 750 Sunday June23 2013

Siapa API, PSI?? "I" this or that, 3 hr, 24 hr, ever hr??...:p

Don't get conned by the bloody Bargain Hen's theory. Hourly PSI is the most reliable. Don't tell me you will want to go outdoor when the PSI at that particular hour is above 400 whilst the 24-hour PSI is only 150 since it had been in the moderate range for most of the 24-hour period prior to that.

Bloody Bargain Hen is talking cock.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

May I know how did our good gov helped ? They instructed the haze to be blown to different direction ? :biggrin:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hazardous level of haze drive out foreign trash!

Hurray! Hurray! The good side of the haze engulfing S'pore is that foreign trash are leaving in droves. At last I can drive around with no choke-up traffic on our roads.

I hope the hazardous haze level remains for the next 5 months.

Foreign trash please fuck off from our land!

Filipinos in Singapore complain about the haze, many fleeing back to Philippines

Philippine Daily Inquirer

By Tarra Quismundo

Sunday, June 23rd, 2013

haze_n_0.jpg

Singapore’s CBD is seen on Thursday with unhealthy levels of haze, top, and at hazardous levels where the CBD is no longer visible on Friday, bottom. AP

MANILA, Philippines—For one Filipino, living amid the haze that has blanketed Singapore for several days now is like standing beside a barbecue grill all day. Only the smoke is everywhere, does not smell as good, and there is virtually nowhere to go.

“This haze is really extreme. I never imagined I would experience this. It’s like a movie, an end-of-the world feeling. You have nowhere to go and you feel like you’re suffocating but you can’t do anything,” said the Filipino, a software consultant who asked not to be named to protect her employment.

Living in the city-state for five years now, the Filipino said she heard of two friends who decided to return to the Philippines for the meantime as “they can’t take it anymore.”

“You can smell it more now. Parang yun siga sa umaga (It’s like a bonfire in the morning). But here it’s all over the country. Amoy siga ang buong Singapore (All of Singapore smells like a bonfire),” she said.

The Philippine Embassy in the city-state on Friday issued a health advisory for Filipinos as the haze topped Singapore’s pollution standards index (PSI) at 401, the worst in its history according to reports.

The smoke began enveloping one of Asia’s smallest, cleanest and most pollution-conscious countries last week, blowing in from nearby Sumatra, Indonesia, where forest fires have been raging for weeks, started by slash and burn farmers.

Singapore authorities have been urging those vulnerable— the elderly, pregnant women, children and those with heart and lung problems—to avoid going outdoors. Doctors have reported a 20-percent spike in medical consultations.

Expected to remain for weeks as Indonesian authorities struggle to put out the Sumatra fires, the haze has become an irritant in the diplomatic ties between Singapore and Indonesia.

The embassy advisory urged Filipinos to “stay indoors, use air-conditioning and air filters if available.” Filipinos were also told to wear masks both at home and outside.

“Drink lots of liquids. Minimize physical exertion outdoors. Take medicine if you have a medical condition and vitamins to boost the immune system,” the embassy advised.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can Muar's PSI be 750 if the skies in Singapore are clear? Sounds a little far fetched.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

This haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

If this isn't normal haze but poison gas,SG might already be a dead land.
Wind direction is predictable and poison gas is not a new chemical weapon.
Can our government learn something from this crisis?It's not funny.Very serious matter.

If this really happens,we don't even have time to call for press conference or set up special committee.Instead,we all meet in heaven within minutes.

fuckwarezone forum

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

If they can lie about SARS, I will not be surprised they will make a fucking movie on this haze episode claiming credit and how NEA was over-stretched yet its staff braved life and limb to bring us the PSI report.

Note: Even in a haze crisis, NEA is still not reporting the PSI from 12 midnight till next morning 6am. Meaning to say, haze also go sleeping at night. LOL, damned chobolan NEA bums.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEA will say the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

NEA will be saying the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

It can now consider planning a major press release and to figure out how it can claim credit with the Indonesian babi pigs.

Hail Haze....Hail NEA.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: NEA will say the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

NEA will be saying the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

It can now consider planning a major press release and to figure out how it can claim credit with the Indonesian babi pigs.

Hail Haze....Hail NEA.

The influence of Sun Ho at work. She can do wonders.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Hazardous level of haze drive out foreign trash!

As you can see, every cloud has a silver lining.

With the help of the haze, Singaporeans may yet get their wish of returning the population levels to a manageable 3.5 million.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

This haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

If this isn't normal haze but poison gas,SG might already be a dead land.
Wind direction is predictable and poison gas is not a new chemical weapon.
Can our government learn something from this crisis?It's not funny.Very serious matter.

If this really happens,we don't even have time to call for press conference or set up special committee.Instead,we all meet in heaven within minutes.

fuckwarezone forum

From the way that Pinky speak during the press conference, it's clearly shown that this Gahbrament has no clue in handling any crisis at all.
His screwed up ministry quickly assemble a team to put on a wayang show and start to play down the PSI figures and give cock advise to their peasants.

Haze is not a new event and it doesn't happens every 50 years only. We are paying them millions each year only to be reactive to these crisis when the pollution of air is already in the hazardous zone?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NEA will say the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

The influence of Sun Ho at work. She can do wonders.

Praise the Lord. God works in mysterious ways. Sun Ho is truly the anointed one. Hail Sun Ho. Amen.