• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Updated News/Gossips/KNNBCCB PAP Never Solve Haze Problem Thread

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Haze crisis shows the weakness and unpreparedness of SG government

So many days, so many talks, no action, still in planning phase?

Evangelion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NEA will say the haze has killed off Dengue....Hallelujah!!!

The haze was planned with the Indonesian government to combat dengue. We congratulate the Environment Ministry on a job well done and NEA has once again shown that they are always at hand when there are environmental issues. Increase all ministers salaries with effect from July.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So many days, so many talks, no action, still in planning phase?

Headline in ST on Saturday June 22nd:

GOVT MOVES TO ADDRESS CONCERNS OVER HAZE

What do you think?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Headline in ST on Saturday June 22nd:

GOVT MOVES TO ADDRESS CONCERNS OVER HAZE

What do you think?
Haze has been a yearly occurrence since the 1990s....every year its the same....what make sinkies think this year will be any different?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Singapore deserve the smog.

Don't shoot me, I am just a messanger.

1. The environmentalist says haze is not harmful, smog is.

2. The tourism director told me that if smog is used, more tourists will stay away.

3. This Indonesian from an NGO reminds me of arrogant Singaporean companies who exploit his poor people and left environmental toxic damages such that they cannot do farming. Singaporeans are also shareholders in past forest burning to clear them for plantations. This is just the price to pay. Singaporeans are selfish people who only care about their own pockets and look down on the poor neighbours. What these people are suffering under the hands of their rich Singapore neighbour are a lot worse than the smog Singaporeans have to endure.

4. Most importantly, Singapore government ministers and their kakis are also culprits, that is why they keep quiet, never declare Emergency. To blame Indonesia is like slapping themselves. Moreover, they have family members hide overseas in their holiday homes to escape the smog.

5. Make money more important. Asian way.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From the way that Pinky speak during the press conference, it's clearly shown that this Gahbrament has no clue in handling any crisis at all.
His screwed up ministry quickly assemble a team to put on a wayang show and start to play down the PSI figures and give cock advise to their peasants.

Haze is not a new event and it doesn't happens every 50 years only. We are paying them millions each year only to be reactive to these crisis when the pollution of air is already in the hazardous zone?

Their FOCUS is to FIX the OPPOSITIONS, they are good at quarreling over petty things, like old ladies...& let us be reminded we are paying them salaries that is more than the entire parliaments of Indonesia & Malaysia. The haze is an annual thing, we have the technology today to monitor this, we are not talking about the past where the met station have to rely on radar readings, outdoor readings etc..Surely we have an early warning system? right? we paid billions for that..what do they monitor??

We forget this is one of the "one in a 50 years series"..like the "10 years series" we have when we take our GCE.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Why Singapore deserve the smog.

2. The tourism director told me that if smog is used, more tourists will stay away.

3. This Indonesian from an NGO reminds me of arrogant Singaporean companies who exploit his poor people and left environmental toxic damages such that they cannot do farming. Singaporeans are also shareholders in past forest burning to clear them for plantations. This is just the price to pay. Singaporeans are selfish people who only care about their own pockets and look down on the poor neighbours. What these people are suffering under the hands of their rich Singapore neighbour are a lot worse than the smog Singaporeans have to endure.

4. Most importantly, Singapore government ministers and their kakis are also culprits, that is why they keep quiet, never declare Emergency. To blame Indonesia is like slapping themselves. Moreover, they have family members hide overseas in their holiday homes to escape the smog.

is there a link to this message or a hearsay.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Neddy,

what is stated is really rough,,I admit that the competence of the PAP Ministars is really lacking...but to say that Singapore companies are at fault is kind of rough as its the failure of the Indonesian Government to control people from setting fires to the forest is the problem. If the Indon Gahmen cant even control its own backyard. Who can ah?

If its singaporean or whatever MNC that is burning the forest,,surely the Indons can slap singapore in the face and say that,,,'This area of land is being burnt and has been purchased/lease by Singapore XYZ Company'. Than show the documents to proof that burning is caused by this company. And if the PAP fails to persecute the company ( most likely will not as its going to be a GLC) the whole world will see the shit gahmen the PAP is. Throw the ball back into the PAP court.

But the Indon gahmen have shown its incompetence and ambivalent attitude by calling singapore a 'spoilt child' has effectively shown the lack of professionalism the Indon Gahmen is.

Please note I use the term Indon Gahmen and not the Indon People as the people are suffering as much,,,just my rants.

Additional points,,Spore and Mudland have a case to bring up to the UN and World Court...why dont they do it? that is the best way to make them comply...

[video=youtube;O4QvqazLwfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4QvqazLwfw[/video]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

today you sound like sam leong clone.
this is exactly what he would say to flame the discussion.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

today you sound like sam leong clone.
this is exactly what he would say to flame the discussion.

No flaming the discussion. Just pointing out from a different angle. :biggrin:

Bro Neddy,

what is stated is really rough,,I admit that the competence of the PAP Ministars is really lacking...but to say that Singapore companies are at fault is kind of rough as its the failure of the Indonesian Government to control people from setting fires to the forest is the problem. If the Indon Gahmen cant even control its own backyard. Who can ah?

This is environmental terrorism ! But I doubt anyone will want to offend Indonesia, the big brother of Asia with growing economic opportunities.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To the coward who wrote this:

Thread: Updated News/Gossips/KNNBCCB PAP Never Solve Haze Problem Thread
your cheebye family deserve to die tragically. fuck u migrant loser.

I only have this to say, I am richer and happier than you. :smile:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ministry of Environment and Water Resources Note on Is Singapore The Only Country Which Uses 24 Hour Averages for It's Air Quality?
https://www.facebook.com/notes/mini...erages-for-its-air-quality-in/572548836129676

There is a claim on the page - http://thehearttruths.com/2013/06/2...s-publish-24-hourly-psi-readings-sure-or-not/ - that Minister Vivian Balakrishnan’s statement, that other countries also use 24-hour averages for their air quality indices, is false.

This is an erroneous claim. The following are links to sites which show that the respective air quality indices of the US, UK and Hong Kong are also updated hourly based on 24-hour rolling averages:

Page 8 of the US Environment Protection Agency technical document at this link, which shows that the AQI is based on 24-hour average PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations:
http://www.epa.gov/airnow/aqi-technical-assistance-document-sep2012.pdf

The UK Air Quality Index is based on a running 24-h mean PM10:
http://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/air-pollution/daqi?view=more-info&pollutant=pm10#pollutant

Details of the Hong Kong Air Pollution Index can be found at the following links. The hourly updates for PM10 (RSP) are based on 24-hour averages:
http://www.epd-asg.gov.hk/english/backgd/calcu.html

My take on the 24 hours PSI reading:

Instead of offering accurate hourly PSI readings, they government wants to take a step back into twenty four hour average. This is a blatant attempt to downplay the severity of the haze crisis we face.

While we are facing record PSI levels, which pose a major health risk, our ministers (especially that pcb Vivian) wish to follow the example of countries using 24 hours average, who are having low PSI levels, with little fluctuation. I'll put in simply, who cares what the PSI reading was 24 hours ago.

The PSI readings are used by many Singaporeans, including me, in deciding whether to continue or change their daily activities based on it. It is likely this will mislead Singaporeans into a false complacency regarding their health, as they may be facing hazardous haze levels while the 24 hour PSI reading shows us otherwise.

Our government should be forthcoming and transparent regarding this issue, for acknowledging the problem is always the first step towards rectifying it. They have a responsibility to the Singapore people, and they should act in an appropriate and responsible manner.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Action Plan Millionster, Action and not talking and smiling.

[video=youtube;r1sW70IV_c4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1sW70IV_c4[/video]

Have a look...