• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

University student complains about low allowance from parent

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids nowadays are soft....both mentally and physically.
Unlike my time, we can stand on our own 2 feet much earlier in our youth.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
20121107092304163.jpg

20121107084328434.jpg

20121107084333576.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to work part-time when I was in Uni as a teaching assistant, instructor & lab proctor. It helped be network with my future bosses around campus:smile:

When I graduated it was easy to get a full-time job. Although it was a long time ago I could make anything from CAN$5 to CAN$20 per hour. Quite a decent amount for a part-timer.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lim peh working also never spend 20 a day. last time student use bus stamp, 20 nowadays enough to eat. of cos, not thirsty suka suka buy drinks from 7-11 or eat double mcspicy meal upsize. i see youngster waste a lot of money on junk food and junk drinks. plain water the best! chap chai peng is the best!!! 20 dollars for me 1 day 3 meal more than enough still can buy kopi for my friends and colleagues!!!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids nowadays are soft....both mentally and physically.
Unlike my time, we can stand on our own 2 feet much earlier in our youth.

Africans are tougher. They walk more than 10 km a day to fetch water while all you do is to turn on your tap. You should be ashamed of yourself. So soft, both mentally and physically. :rolleyes:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Africans are tougher. They walk more than 10 km a day to fetch water while all you do is to turn on your tap. You should be ashamed of yourself. So soft, both mentally and physically. :rolleyes:

do u on your tap for water or walk more than 10km to fetch water???

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transport MRT/bus $10/day????

This guy is probably a rich kid. $600 pocket money per month, average $20 per day. Spend all his money after school in shopping malls and billiard parlors, plus weekend movie with gf. Most likely an pap mp kid.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very sad to see youngster now a day are so spoiled and so dependent on their parents. This is a guy that have probably finished NS, has an A Level, and yet lack basic common sense not to complain about getting allowance from parents. What's worst is that this guy can't even convince his mom to give him more money and relying on facebook friends to do that.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u on your tap for water or walk more than 10km to fetch water???

Tap of course! I don't believe in the chink masochistic nonsense of 吃得苦中苦, 方为人上人. I prefer to live like a human being, not a Chinese or a Singaporean dog. Look at the chink dogs here who cast opprobrium on "youngsters of today". Pathetic, really. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tap of course! I don't believe in the chink masochistic nonsense of 吃得苦中苦, 方为人上人. I prefer to live like a human being, not a Chinese or a Singaporean dog. Look at the chink dogs here who cast opprobrium on "youngsters of today". Pathetic, really. :rolleyes:

shame on you too for not getting water by walking 10km a day like the african. :biggrin: dogs don't walk 10km to look for water in sg. they drink water like you, from tap.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be honest no bro, i am really very very busy these days. that why you seldom see me post also, in fact at this hour i am still working at home