• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

University student complains about low allowance from parent

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
university_student_complains_about_low_allowance_from_parents-thumbnail.jpg

Uni student says $20 allowance too low. "Please enlighten my mum" he says.

He says his daily transport already uses up $10 (wah liao, he take taxi to uni everyday is it?). Remainder not enough to cover his meals.

----------------

The STOMPer said:

"I was just observing an interesting debate on Facebook about receiving a $20 food allowance a day, which is too little for a university student to survive in today's economy.

"I did not take part in the debate.

"Do you think he is just being ungrateful?"

Seriously, some people are so pampered. I remember last time in uni I held a part time job and paid for everything by myself.

1jpg1352282921691-data.jpg

2jpg1352282922985-data.jpg

3jpg1352282923687-data.jpg

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't take allowance from my family anymore after secondary school.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Useless boy. He should offer cock sucking services in gay clubs, or tits licking services in old hen's clubs.

If really can't make it, then transfer to a malaysian based private uni. Cost much cheaper there. $20 per day can even drive a car.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. no eye see.
3. such sheep shall be just another useless & dafter sheep even if it graduates.
4. make to believe money comes down from the skies!

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember my dad only give me 30 cents in my primary school days,ask for more ??? kena whack liao:biggrin:

T

TuaBui

Guess where those part time jobs gone to ???

mostly taken up by foreign students on student pass hor !!!

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i sell vcd during sch holidays :biggrin: but lucky never tio liak by mata... :o

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is exactly the sort of loser and his loser mentality who votes for the opposition because life is hard

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A lot of uni students overseas work part time by working @ supermarkets as cashiers/shelf stockers, F & B outlets as waiting staff/dishwashers/delivery staff/, etc.

Some local uni students shun these jobs for selling insurance :p or relying on handouts from parents
Think this is what Tonychat means by sinkie mentality.. :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder LKY has been very desperate to exterminate Singkie from ground level up. From University student to peasant level.

With our future generation like this, i am not very confident.

No money , think of ways to earn !!!

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro those days can earn $100 a day for selling vcd tio boh?:biggrin:

can but also depends on season(whether got any new movies coming out) and sales talk :biggrin: psycho those uncle/ah pek buy blue vcd, " uncle, buy 5 get 1 free! the gal inside all tok kong 1 with tua liap ni" :biggrin::o

still remember 1 guy bought the 灯草和尚 iirc LOL, curious i also bring 1 home to watch.. knn damn funny also :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Youngsters these days truly lack independence.

This chap must be still a virgin.

It's not a lack of independence.

Jack ass youngster like this is surely very 'independent' if he can lay his hands on some money'

It's a lack of gratitude, creativity, resourcefulness, discipline and worst end up getting fucked by some FT later in his life. LOLOLOLOLOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder LKY has been very desperate to exterminate Singkie from ground level up. From University student to peasant level.

With our future generation like this, i am not very confident.

No money , think of ways to earn !!!

They will think of ways to earn.

Like cheating, conning and working as Loan shark runners!

sammyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the parents are rich, then mayb he can whine. Then again, mayb his parents teaching him d value of $$. Hes considered fortunate, i know cases n im sure we all have read it somewhere whereby students work part time to get themselves thru uni....tough life but it made them stonger mentally. U cant choose your family but u can choose what to do with your life.