• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

U.S. vows to defend Japan after China announces new air zone

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will US and China really go to war?, they are too dependable on each other.

Blame it on Japan politicians, they are too hawkish, and US giving away islands which doesn't belong to them, US the Great Satan want to control China freedom of sea movement, and did they make any noise when Japan announce they will shot any planes or ship that enter into the dispute islands.

GENEVA The United States said Sunday it was “deeply concerned” and committed to defending Japan after China announced an air zone in the East China Sea that includes disputed islands.

In a move that U.S. ally Japan branded as “very dangerous,” China said it was setting up the “air defense identification zone” over the islands administered by Tokyo to “guard against potential air threats.”

In similar statements, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, speaking from Geneva, and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel said Sunday that the United States was “deeply concerned” about the moves by China, which also scrambled air force jets to carry out a patrol mission in the newly declared zone.

“This unilateral action constitutes an attempt to change the status quo in the East China Sea,” Kerry said.

“Escalatory action will only increase tensions in the region and create risks of an incident,” the top U.S. diplomat said from Geneva, where he was taking part in talks on reaching an agreement with Iran on its nuclear program.

Kerry said that the United States has urged China to “exercise caution and restraint,” and warned Beijing against implementing its new zone.

“We urge China not to implement its threat to take action against aircraft that do not identify themselves or obey orders from Beijing,” Kerry said.

Hagel reiterated that the Japanese-administered Senkaku islands—which the Chinese claim and call the Diaoyu—fell under the U.S.-Japan security treaty, meaning that Washington would defend its ally Tokyo if the area is attacked.

“We are in close consultation with our allies and partners in the region, including Japan. We remain steadfast in our commitments to our allies and partners,” Hagel said.

The defense chief made clear that the United States, which stations more than 70,000 troops in Japan and South Korea, would not respect China’s declaration of control over the zone.

“This announcement by the People’s Republic of China will not in any way change how the United States conducts military operations in the region,” Hagel said.

The outline of the zone, which is shown on the Chinese defense ministry website and a state media Twitter account (pic.twitter.com/4a2vC6PH8O), covers a wide area of the East China Sea between South Korea and Taiwan that includes airspace above the disputed islands.

Japan last year nationalized the islands last year and has vowed not to cede sovereignty or even to acknowledge a dispute with China, accusing its growing neighbor of trying to change the status quo through intimidation.

China and Taiwan both claim the islands, which fall near potentially energy-rich waters.

The United States says that it has no position on the islands’ ultimate sovereignty but believes that they are currently under Japanese administration.

“Freedom of overflight and other internationally lawful uses of sea and airspace are essential to prosperity, stability and security in the Pacific,” Kerry said.

He called for a “more collaborative and less confrontational future in the Pacific.”

The United States, for its part, does not ask foreign aircraft to identify themselves if they are not intending to enter U.S. airspace.

U.S. President Barack Obama has pledged a greater focus on Asia in light of China’s rise and plans to shift the majority of U.S. warships to the Asia-Pacific region by 2020.

Obama plans to visit Asia, reportedly including Japan, in April. Kerry, who has invested much of his time on the Middle East, will travel to Asia in the coming weeks.

© 2013 AFP
The disputed islands in the East China Sea known as the Senkakus in Japan and the Diaoyus in China Image taken on September 15, 2010 shows the disputed islands in the East China Sea known as the Senkakus in Japan and the Diaoyus in China

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The US economy is in doldrums and any war will kick start its industry. A war with China will give them the excuse to default on their Treasury bonds, which China owns lots of them.

Just fucking start a war and whack the shit out of the pompous communists.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US economy is in doldrums and any war will kick start its industry. A war with China will give them the excuse to default on their Treasury bonds, which China owns lots of them.

Just fucking start a war and whack the shit out of the pompous communists.

any war would increase US debt.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any war would increase US debt.

China holds about USD 760 billion of US Treasuries. In an all-out war, a default by US on its enemy's loan is a natural thing to do. Any increase in spending from war will be offset by this default. So it may come back to square one in terms of the US budget deficit, but with a wounded and a more humble China with which the world, especially in the South East Asia region, will feel more comfortable dealing with.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Chinese armies cannot fight one. They are made up of farmers and those seeking for good position to get dirty money. Those that are successful are so comfortable with their lifestyle that they don't want to fight. This one sabre rattling only

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese Generals are becoming increasingly more powerful, Xi is having a tough time with controlling the military.

USA, after WWII wrote in the Nap constitution they are responsible for Japan defense in article 9 so China attacks Japan USA is technically at war with China

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
China holds about USD 760 billion of US Treasuries. In an all-out war, a default by US on its enemy's loan is a natural thing to do. Any increase in spending from war will be offset by this default. So it may come back to square one in terms of the US budget deficit, but with a wounded and a more humble China with which the world, especially in the South East Asia region, will feel more comfortable dealing with.

if the US defaults, the whole world will never trust it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The US doesn't have to use guns on the Chinks. All it will need to do is shift manufacturing somewhere else. The Chinese will be begging for mercy in no time at all.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is like a game of poker where each side tries to call each other's bluff. The only way to end this diplomatically is to find a way for both sides to save faces.

I seriously doubt the US would want to commit ground troops for a war over a few uninhabited islands, notwithstanding the fact that they may also not have Taiwan's support on this matter. The main obstacle now is that the Japanese have no wish to negotiate on something they view as belonging to them. If push comes to shove, I would put my bet on the Americans arm-twisting the Japanese to the negotiating table and getting others to do the same to China as well.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
依據希伯來聖經民數記第24章的記載:
According to the Hebrew Bible in Number Chapter 24:
24:12 巴蘭對巴勒說,我豈不曾告訴你所差遣到我那裏的使者說,
24:12 Balaam said, I would not have told you where I sent messengers to say ,
12 And Balaam said unto Balak: 'Spoke I not also to thy messengers that thou didst send unto me, saying:
24:13 卽使巴勒將他滿屋的金銀互我,我也不能越過耶和華的話,憑自己的心意行好行歹麼?耶和華說甚麼,我就說甚麼。
24:13 Calipering Balak to me his house full of silver and gold mutual, I can not cross the word of the Lord, with his mind merciful or bad it? What he said, I said nothing.
24:13 If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD, to do either good or bad of mine own mind; what the LORD speaketh, that will I speak?
24:16 得聽神的言語,得知至高者的知識,得見全足者的神示,仆倒而眼目得開的人宣告說,
24:16 have to listen to the words of God, the Most High that knowledge was enough to see the God of the whole show, I fell and opened the eyes of people who have proclaimed,
16 The saying of him who heareth the words of God, and knoweth the knowledge of the Most High, who seeth the vision of the Almighty, fallen down, yet with opened eyes:
24:17 我看禕,卻不在現時;我望禕,卻不在近日。必有一星從雅各而出,必有一杖從以色列(福穆薩)興起,禕必打碎摩押(支那北方黃河流域地區)的四角,毀壞舍特所有的子孫。
24:17 I see Yi, but not now; I hope Yi , but not recently. There must be a Star out of Jacob, there must be a stick from Israel (Formosa) rise, Yi will have broken Moab (Shina north of the Yellow River basin area) corners, destroying Schett all descendants.
17 I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not nigh; there shall step forth a star out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite through the corners of Moab, and break down all the sons of Seth.
24:18 禕必得以東(支那南方沿海地區)為基業,又得仇敵之地西珥為產業;以色列必行事勇敢。
24:18 must Yi east (Shina southern coastal areas) as a foundation, it's also the land of the enemy Seir; Israel will act brave.
24:18 And Edom (China southern coastal areas till Vietnam) shall be a possession, Seir also, even his enemies, shall be a possession; while Israel doeth valiantly.
24:19 有一位出於雅各的,必掌大權,並除滅城中的餘民。
24:19 One Out of Jacob shall have dominion, and destroy the remnant of the city.
24:19 And out of Jacob shall one have dominion, and shall destroy the remnant from the city.
24:20 巴蘭觀看亞瑪力,就題起詩歌說,亞瑪力(支那長江流域下游地區,東方巴比倫)原為諸國之首,但牠終必滅亡。
24:20 And he looked on Amalek, he took up his discourse and said, Amalek (Shina downstream areas of the Yangtze River Basin, East Babylon) was the first of the nations, but it will eventually perish.
20 And he looked on Amalek, and took up his parable, and said: Amalek was the first of the nations; but his end shall come to destruction.
http://blog.roodo.com/esir/archives/21189542.html
Almighty God Allah bless

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
US has to signal that they will protect Japan or else Japs will start rearming themselves (they are already heavily armed). If Japs do that, South Korea, China will follow suit. If Japs go nuclear, so will South Korea and China may be forced to build up their nuclear stockpile.

Any sable rattling by Japs wiill draw Taiwan closer to China.

In every negotiation you must lay claim or else nothing to talk about. China is laying claim. As it is Japs have territorial disputes with China, Taiwan, Korea and Russia. In the end it will all be neogotiated. In 20 years, Japan will be more concerned with its rapidly shrinking and aging population then on any war.

Finally Corp Japan will not go for it. Any trade battles could Jap brands out of China for 10 years. GM, Ford, Hyundai as well as Chinese domestics are only more than willing to fill in the gap should Toyota, Nissan, Honda be locked out of China. Same for samsung vs Sony etc etc.

It is always good for internal politics to bring in some external bogeyman

There is no political will for any military action in US. Even dropping a few cruise missiles on Syria was turned down to the angst of Saudis

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hoot ah

hoot hoot hoot

And if we are lucky, collateral damage might see a few rockets might fly to Istana and take out the bastards lurking inside there.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
War or no war, China cannot be stopped.

Japan is history since 10 years ago when it went into recession. Abenomics is just a load of stinking hot air.