• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TV discussion - Plasma, LCD, LED, OLED etc etc which one to get and why?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was in Funan on Saturday saw the exact same TV I got which is on special promotion due to the SITEX fair, I cannot believe the price I paid in Thailand. Price I paid in Bangkok was 32% cheaper than promotion here in Singapore. Thais used tI come to Singapore to buy electronic goods cos cheaper seems like it's no longer the case. The amount of difference was very substantial.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was in Funan on Saturday saw the exact same TV I got which is on special promotion due to the SITEX fair, I cannot believe the price I paid in Thailand. Price I paid in Bangkok was 32% cheaper than promotion here in Singapore. Thais used tI come to Singapore to buy electronic goods cos cheaper seems like it's no longer the case. The amount of difference was very substantial.

I was checking the prices for an Indonesian friend who wanted to get a Nikon cameras & found that the prices in Indonesia are cheaper than either Singapore or Thailand. Even when you factor in the 7% gst refund that tourists can get when they leave, Spore is no longer cheap even for tourists.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was checking the prices for an Indonesian friend who wanted to get a Nikon cameras & found that the prices in Indonesia are cheaper than either Singapore or Thailand. Even when you factor in the 7% gst refund that tourists can get when they leave, Spore is no longer cheap even for tourists.

No longer my friend but for camera in Indonesia I'll have this checked out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No longer my friend but for camera in Indonesia I'll have this checked out.

I still remember the demo centres that were in Spore. Back then it was for Japanese brands like Sony, Sharp,.... You could go to these places to look at the various models, get brochures, etc. This was a long time ago but what I remember is that if you wanted to buy the products one never paid the suggested retail prices(SRP). No one in those days paid the SRP except maybe rich angmo tourists:smile: The real prices that we paid were "discounted" by 30 to 40%.

Nowadays the big chain stores prices sell at the SRP. There is no bargaining or haggling. If you want to do that you have to go to the smaller mom & pop stores. Even then they are limited to how much discount they can give you because you because of the high overheads in Spore. We can thank the PAP for that:mad:

I usually go to Mustaffa because they usually have the best prices but even they have to follow the prices the agents have set.