• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TV discussion - Plasma, LCD, LED, OLED etc etc which one to get and why?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..... Anyway how many of us actually watch TV nowsadays?

Since I switched to watching shows on the internet my current 5 year old TV is good enough. When I upgrade to a 4K set I will probably get a blue ray player.
I can wait because to take advantage of the capabilities of a 4K TV, the blue ray titles need to be remastered to a higher resolution.

Local TV programs are pretty bad & maybe that is why many are not willing to pay so much for a new TV. That is why I am happy that the cost of a 4k is coming down. Now you don't have to pay a premium when it's time to get a new set.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ya I kinda like it when the staff demonstrated it. Pretty cool design and I think easy to use. Got the 65" unit.

65 for fuck...so big your eyes becomes pa cheow sooner or later...55 is more than enuff for 3 m distance between tv and your eyes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
65 for fuck...so big your eyes becomes pa cheow sooner or later...55 is more than enuff for 3 m distance between tv and your eyes.
I was concerned too so measured before I went buy one location is 3.5m the other 5.5m so should be alright.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
a fucking long hall u have...whahahahaha...:biggrin:
What hall? Corridor la for everyone to watch together.This is my first LED never even have a LCD before, wonder what to do with the 2 plasmid 42" still in great condition only 5yrs have HD some more.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
What hall? Corridor la for everyone to watch together.This is my first LED never even have a LCD before, wonder what to do with the 2 plasmid 42" still in great condition only 5yrs have HD some more.

give to charity... do a good deed.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think I'm damn suagu man, this is damn cool man!

And guess what YouTube app in iPhone have function just select the video and it bloody plays on the TV wtf! Now watching hokkien MTV liao. Shiok sial! What will they think of next?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I think I'm damn suagu man, this is damn cool man!

And guess what YouTube app in iPhone have function just select the video and it bloody plays on the TV wtf! Now watching hokkien MTV liao. Shiok sial! What will they think of next?

you really frog in well....i have been doing this for last 1.5 years with my 55 inch LG ...whahahaha :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
buy a LG cam and it sits nicely and u can skype too... i skype with my japanese friends too..super clear and good voice clarity...:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ya so suagu and now so amazed by this toy

the Magix remote easy to use right? :biggrin:

That remote rocks man! So simple yet so powerful, can just move around so easily like the Wii.

buy a LG cam and it sits nicely and u can skype too... i skype with my japanese friends too..super clear and good voice clarity...:biggrin:

My Skype is like in the black department so strictly on my macbook.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ya so suagu and now so amazed by this toy

That remote rocks man! So simple yet so powerful, can just move around so easily like the Wii.

My Skype is like in the black department so strictly on my macbook.

hahahaha..... i fixed a Minix Neo8 to it too...u can use Showbox to download all the movies u want...get a cloud storage and store them .. even a simple 1tb harddisk also can.. watch HD movies till u rot :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hahahaha..... i fixed a Minix Neo8 to it too...u can use Showbox to download all the movies u want...get a cloud storage and store them .. even a simple 1tb harddisk also can.. watch HD movies till u rot :biggrin:

Not movie guy leh, only thing I watch are all the documentary channels and news. Only time watch movie is in flights.