• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

turtle soup at jalan bersah

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
shutthefuck up....... these are farm bred

..I am the gong-kia..

Once I took this hot brewing turtle soup cost me $900..

I gulp a glass of cold beer, thus making my teeth brittle.
Bite a bone and the front-tooth snap..

Got to go to the dentist next day and cost me the $900..

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Had my first turtle soup in Jalan Berseh when I was in my mid-twenties, decades ago. An old man in his late 60s brought me there and you can see his face still glow in pink at that age. He told me that it was what kept him going and having fun till that age. I remember the stall was near the road and it was manned by a skinny lady.

The soup was strong and flavourful. One could feel the heat coming up after the meal and body was ready to go war that every night. We started having turtle soup once every fortnightly and even brought our own cognac to add to the soup making it much sweeter.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had my first turtle soup in Jalan Berseh when I was in my mid-twenties, decades ago. An old man in his late 60s brought me there and you can see his face still glow in pink at that age. He told me that it was what kept him going and having fun till that age. I remember the stall was near the road and it was manned by a skinny lady.

The soup was strong and flavourful. One could feel the heat coming up after the meal and body was ready to go war that every night. We started having turtle soup once every fortnightly and even brought our own cognac to add to the soup making it much sweeter.

bro, you use which cognac?
vsop or xo?

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lavender Food Square Centre has stall selling turle soup. The stall also sells crocodile, black chicken.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lavender Food Square Centre has stall selling turle soup. The stall also sells crocodile, black chicken.

prob with that is these stall tend to have 1 common soup (mixture of meat )
if i am paying $30 a bowl for turtle soup,i expect pure turtle quality soup.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
As recommended by a friend, I went to try tai seng turtle soup at upper paya lebar near AUPE yesterday. Cannot find it and was told by another shop owner there that the turtle soup restaurant had shifted to Houang Ave. 1. So made another trip to Hougang. The taste is so-so, worse than Lavendar Food Court. Could it be different owner using the same name?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
As recommended by a friend, I went to try tai seng turtle soup at upper paya lebar near AUPE yesterday. Cannot find it and was told by another shop owner there that the turtle soup restaurant had shifted to Houang Ave. 1. So made another trip to Hougang. The taste is so-so, worse than Lavendar Food Court. Could it be different owner using the same name?

tai seng TS was ranked #1 in the 70s/80s....was still good when they shifted to UPL....dun know what went wrong
they moved to guillemard rd for a while....their standard now taste like water

best TS these days is at geylang lor 21...even their b/chicken soup got standard

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
tai seng TS was ranked #1 in the 70s/80s....was still good when they shifted to UPL....dun know what went wrong
they moved to guillemard rd for a while....their standard now taste like water

best TS these days is at geylang lor 21...even their b/chicken soup got standard

Thank you for the info. I think the tai seng turtle stall located in Hougang's coffeeshop is not authentic.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the info. I think the tai seng turtle stall located in Hougang's coffeeshop is not authentic.

the good ones are slowly being replaced by tiong to cook.soon we will lose all sinkie style of seafood horfun .
so far the 1 at tai chong cres has not failed me every times is go ( only 1 time the egg overcook )

in our 80s, i still got taste good seafood horfun with few slices of liver,few slices of pig stomach.now our horfun is replaced with fish cake and pork.
80s i iike to go OG chinatown to eat seafood mui fan

the 1 at geylang lor 21, i find it very sweaty to eat a bowl of hot soup

Last edited:

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
the good ones are slowly being replaced by tiong to cook.soon we will lose all sinkie style of seafood horfun .
so far the 1 at tai chong cres has not failed me every times is go ( only 1 time the egg overcook )

in our 80s, i still got taste good seafood horfun with few slices of liver,few slices of pig stomach.now our horfun is replaced with fish cake and pork.
80s i iike to go OG chinatown to eat seafood mui fan

the 1 at geylang lor 21, i find it very sweaty to eat a bowl of hot soup

Ser Seng is the best right now but price very ex!

I know of laksa stall setup by tiong husband and wife! In future, maybe have to travel to JB to get authentic local food.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ser Seng is the best right now but price very ex!

I know of laksa stall setup by tiong husband and wife! In future, maybe have to travel to JB to get authentic local food.

maybe ser seng win by marginal because it is good to enjoys a bowl of hot soup in air con environment.

yeah.at least taman sentosa still can find authentic chinese food.dont know if Malaysia also flood with tiongs or not.