• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

turtle soup at jalan bersah

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
ONe of the better TurtLes' soup can be found at 29 Lorong Bachok; off Lorong 21 GeyLang.
Prices starts from $12 for a basic serving..:wink:

but i heard chinese believe that if you pray guan yin, you cannot eat beef and turtle or something?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
where is jalan bersah? never come across this road.:confused:

is at geylang la..i just jalan jalan there yesterday.lot and lot of keleng buying cheap beer.
and also lot of FL chickens...and of cos many gambling stalls at back vally.
lot of nite life

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder the soup here no effect unlike in Vietnam...

yup you are right.
3 stalls. i alway order from the center stall, which suit my taste.
today i let out a little secret.
the turtle soup is actually not pure turtle soup.
why?
the soup consist of chicken, duck,herbs chinese yam..and other meat.(we call this common soup)
the turtle is cook with little water.the meat extracted.
now they have a giant pot of soup.
when you order turtle soup, they mix common soup with a tiny fraction of turtle soup.
when you order chicken soup, they give you common soup.

next time when you order, buy take away..then you stand in front of the stall..look at what they mix..and you understand everything

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ShouLd be JaLan Berseh; off KeLantan Lane...:eek::biggrin:

I heard of Jalan Besar and Jalan Berseh but never Jalan Bersah.

Good turtle soup can also be found at Tai Seng Macpherson, but I don't eat it except some family members and friends. I go for the black chicken soup. Without good chilly, the soups will not be as delicious.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but i heard chinese believe that if you pray guan yin, you cannot eat beef and turtle or something?

Yup..theses are the 4 Major sins if you pray to Guan Yin:
1. Carps
2. TurtLes/Tortises
3. Beef
4. WiLd Lifes'
:cool:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup..theses are the 4 Major sins if you pray to Guan Yin:
1. Carps
2. TurtLes/Tortises
3. Beef
4. WiLd Lifes'
:cool:

funny..why is it these 4 animals.thought as long as you kill animal for it meat is sin already.
tonychat can shed some light?

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had turtle in Vietnam, drank the blood mixed with the local vodka...make me damn hot,,and had to bang my than gf after the makan,,,damn power sial,,,

Since I started eating sheep & bull testicles, I need to make very passionate love with my wife and mistress every day.

Sometimes must look for additional release some more.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
happens to pass by jalan bersah.
had a bowl of turtle soup.
meat with soft shell.
fucking shiok.
anyone know the benefit of eating turtle?
which part of turtle got the best benefit?
are they fresh water or salt water?
does supermarket also sell turtle in package?
expecting tonychat to comment

Don't tell BAey YK, he will go there and get it for $2.50