• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just copy HK Shenzhen for customs clearances can liao. But the problem is this involves 2 different countries, and so naturally things will move slower.

If everyone spend their salary in Malaysia, who is going to pay our ministers S$300,000 a month salary huh? Its obvious Singaporeans are getting poorer.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Friday I took bus from Woodlands Checkpoint to JB CIQ. Was at Woodlands at 5:45pm..walk walk..take bus...walk walk..come out at City Square at 6:10pm. I think OK lah :p

I never try Tuas before. I think if want to take public transport go by Woodlands better. Worst come to worst walk bridge...

I think some smart taxis would station after MY CIQ to pick up people who walk across the Tuas bridge. Good bisnis opportunity.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's safety is top priority: ICA
Wednesday, Dec 23, 2015

While travellers coming through both the Woodlands and Tuas checkpoints must be cleared efficiently and effectively, it must not be at the expense of Singapore's security.

"Our top priority is to ensure the safety and security of Singaporeans," said Woodlands Checkpoint commander Alan Koo.

The Assistant Commissioner (AC) was speaking at a media briefing yesterday on delays at the land checkpoints.

Drawing parallels between the tactics used by smugglers of contraband goods and terrorists carrying explosives, AC Koo said both groups often hide goods or explosives within vehicles or clothing.

Singapore's land checkpoints are among the world's busiest, clearing up to 400,000 travellers daily. This shot up to 430,000 over the current festive period and year-end school holiday.

Between January and October, the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) caught over 622 Singaporeans leaving the country without the appropriate travel documents. These include travelling with passports belonging to someone else, expired or invalid travel documents, or no passports.

There were 690 such cases the whole of last year.

Also, in the first 10 months of this year, there were 3,500 foreigners trying to enter Singapore without appropriate travel documents, despite having cleared the Malaysian checkpoints. This is more than the 3,400 cases last year.

To ensure there is no "malicious intent", ICA said it checks every car entering Singapore.

As a further security measure to tackle tailgating, ICA introduced double drop-arm barriers at the entry and exit points of Woodlands Checkpoint on Dec 1 and Tuas checkpoint on Sept 21.

The systems are on trial. AC Koo said it would take some time to "shape the behaviour of travellers" to ease congestion.

PRIORITY

Minister for Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam said: "People understand that, as a result of what happened in Paris and the heightened terrorism threats worldwide, ensuring the safety of Singapore and Singaporeans is ICA's foremost priority.

"We have to check passports and vehicles."

Paris was hit by a series of coordinated terrorist attacks on Nov 13, where 130 people killed.

Mr Shanmugam visited the Woodlands Checkpoint on Saturday during the morning peak following reports of massive jams on the Johor-Singapore Causeway last week.

The waiting time had lasted up to five hours.

Mr Shanmugam said Singapore actively monitors the queue and it is unlikely to exceed three hours.

"Our officers are also working very hard, they are working round the clock," he said.

"I told them that Singaporeans appreciate the challenges and sacrifices they are making during this festive period to keep Singapore and Singaporeans safe."

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/singapores-safety-top-priority-ica#sthash.UMZ8rOiU.dpuf

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 hour is the benchmark for jam at SG custom. If you are jammed for 2 hours+ you cannot complain :p

Yes they set such low KPIs, like now, new BTO as long as the building don't collapse is not considered defect, MRT must expect breakdowns even when brand new, 70% can accept, so now they setting lower and lower benchmarks and take higher and higher salaries. Bravo Singapore!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes they set such low KPIs, like now, new BTO as long as the building don't collapse is not considered defect, MRT must expect breakdowns even when brand new, 70% can accept, so now they setting lower and lower benchmarks and take higher and higher salaries. Bravo Singapore!

More like citing security reasons to gloss over gross inefficiencies. Not enough Manpower, poor checkpoint design that creates bottlenecks, Aetos officers who open and close barriers to bikers at their own whims and fancies, etc all contribute to the massive jams. And can you believe that motorcyclists must even produce letter or MC if one requests to be let into the faster clearance areas at Woodlands? What next, pay for faster access like theme parks?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sounds they cannot score As, they lower the standard as long as they still can score straight As to tell the whole world they are still the best.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like citing security reasons to gloss over gross inefficiencies. Not enough Manpower, poor checkpoint design that creates bottlenecks, Aetos officers who open and close barriers to bikers at their own whims and fancies, etc all contribute to the massive jams. And can you believe that motorcyclists must even produce letter or MC if one requests to be let into the faster clearance areas at Woodlands? What next, pay for faster access like theme parks?

Actually what you say is true, but for cars, Johor also equally guilty of not having sufficient manpower and poor designed CIQ. Saturday usually jams going in too.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it is essential to go JB for most of us. A key job of ICA is to screen for terrorists, drugs and criminals from JB or criminals or those illegal items trying to escape from SG. If not SG's economy and social peace will be shattered. Most of the time, you can choose to go or not to go JB.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it is essential to go JB for most of us. A key job of ICA is to screen for terrorists, drugs and criminals from JB or criminals or those illegal items trying to escape from SG. If not SG's economy and social peace will be shattered. Most of the time, you can choose to go or not to go JB.

Jam is good;jb hotels boomz! :biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what you say is true, but for cars, Johor also equally guilty of not having sufficient manpower and poor designed CIQ. Saturday usually jams going in too.

Johor customs is equally crazy. Do you guys know that nearly 90% of all JB car counters (outgoing to SG) are opened at 6 am? Have you ever seen 90% of JB car counters opened during the really peak hours ( eg Sat morning (incoming to JB) and Sun night (outgoing to SG)?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore property rentals also boomz? I have had Malaysian tenants before.

Singaporeans who worked in JB got so fedup of jams, now they stay in hotels.
Soon many will rent in JB also as RM is cheaper and better option than the 4 hr jams.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore property rentals also boomz? I have had Malaysian tenants before.

That's my observation in recent weeks in jiu hu. Better to make reservation, last time i just need to do a walk in. Dun think i need to elaborate further why im doing in the room...:p

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's my observation in recent weeks in jiu hu. Better to make reservation, last time i just need to do a walk in. Dun think i need to elaborate further why im doing in the room...:p

After the walk all sweaty, no nid to do sauna. Straight to shower n massage. :p

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

like to know if we can walk thru from Malaysia custom to Singapore custom. I know it is possible for Singapore walking to Malaysia custom.... but the other way just like to confirm legally ok?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

like to know if we can walk thru from Malaysia custom to Singapore custom. I know it is possible for Singapore walking to Malaysia custom.... but the other way just like to confirm legally ok?

By right is illegal, by left u can follow the crowd. But i find it quite dangerous as cars are in high speed (i also one of them :biggrin:).

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the walk all sweaty, no nid to do sauna. Straight to shower n massage. :p

Some clean hotels are fully booked in tebrau area during weekend. Think hotels in town are hot as well. Oh.. time for me to make my booking again..chiong huh..