• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TopSage : Daily Market Talk ....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
29 Aug 2013

The above trade turned up a good profit by today. If you take the intra day chart of HSI, the bottom was at 12noon exactly when I called to go long on the HSI.

The market will rebound for next 2 weeks despite fears of Syria attack. My advice is to do short term long trades.

The larger trend for Asia is still down and troubles in India is deepening....so this rebound is short livedand by October we should see sselling resume.

Congrats to all who went long yesterday for a short 2 week rally

3 Sept 2013.

The two week rally has started in earnest. Congrats to those who loaded HSI futures, that was a cool 400pts jump yesterday in addition to earlier gains from the exact intra-day bottom I picked.

My advice is take profits along the way reduce exposure. Here is why:
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?161816-CNBC-Are-the-risks-rising-in-the-Singapore-economy
Still, according to BofAML there are reasons to be concerned. The city state scores poorly on some factors the bank uses to define whether a country's financial system is vulnerable.

These include real loan growth, and, loan growth minus industrial production. On both these measures, Singapore scored the highest in the region, flashing red on BofAML's financial vulnerability heat map to reflect the most unfavorable situation since 1990.

"In our view there is unlikely to be a currency or financial crisis, given the 20 percent of GDP/current account surplus, no short-term external debt, and strong capital buffers in the banking system," BofAML said, referring to Singapore.

(Read more: Singapore dollar: the next currency to fall)

"The issue is the substantial rise in three-year cumulative real lending growth (at 69 percent, close to Russia and China's numbers), and the gap between three-year cumulative loan growth and economic growth," they said.

Basically despite assurance from MAS and Singapore ministers, too much of the borrowings in Singapore is not for investment but for consumption, this will put us on a poor footing if a contagion occur. ...the vulnerabilities of Singapore economy will be exposed and our stock market will tank. So be careful ...especially if you're invested in Singapore banking and property stocks.

Last edited:

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 Sept 2013

The 2;week rally I forecast on 28 Aug.is halfway through
. Dow is up.3 days.in a row. Like I forecasted this market strength
is shortlived and.is.likely to.end next week.

Longer term problems are brewing. US treasuries flirting with 3%
mark is a concern. This is before US Fed does its tapering.
Rising intereat rate is real dangerous threat to asian economies.
In the past China and japan would make huge purchases of
US treasuries to keep the interest rates down....now they are not
keen to buy with fed tapering interest rise will hit countries with high debt
and has property bubbles....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
9 Sept 2013

My forecast for a 2 week rally on 28 Aug has completed
the first week. I expect the market to rally on for
another week before it faces some challenges.

Traders should look for good exit points once
we cross the middle of the week.

WE Holdings which is high risk, high return bet I mentioned in earlier post has request for trading halt
those holding ...keep fingers crossed...
6 Sept 2013

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
9 Sept 2013

My forecast for a 2 week rally on 28 Aug has completed
the first week. I expect the market to rally on for
another week before it faces some challenges.

Traders should look for good exit points once
we cross the middle of the week.

WE Holdings which is high risk, high return bet I mentioned in earlier post has request for trading halt
those holding ...keep fingers crossed...

WE Holdings is up 12-15% today after trading halt....still long way up to go - stock has more than doubled since I picked it in my CNA Market Talk days.

DOW is up triple digits. We are at the last 2 days of the current rally so I would recommend to take some profits and put tight stops on your position.

Last edited:

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
13 Sept 2013.

My recommendation for today is to buy EZRA at
$1.24-$1.27.

The reasons for buying will be apparent in the coming days.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know when you call yourself Topsage people has certain expectations of you.
Only rich people are qualified to offer investment advice - are you worth a few millions?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... My recommendation for today is to buy EZRA at
$1.24-$1.27.

The reasons for buying will be apparent in the coming days.
it has oredi gone up by 50% sins last week n 20% 2day ... n now u recommend ppl 2 buy? ...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only rich people are qualified to offer investment advice - are you worth a few millions?

TopSage knows this is a Mickey Mouse forum so give out tips here............

real pros would at least give tips on better forums.........

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
TopSage knows this is a Mickey Mouse forum so give out tips here............

real pros would at least give tips on better forums.........

Its okay...mickey mouse or not I have your attention. Anyway it is a recommendation, not a tip. It is from my best effort as a person
who trades for living...nobody is oblige to believe me or take my advice.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please read my introduction in the first posting of this thread. I'm from a poor family, worked in a menial job ...trading was my path
out of the dead end that many Singaporeans face. I do not have millions or claim to be "qualified" in anyway...just that I do this for a living.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
me bought 5 lot of kep corp last week at 10.10, should i take profit or hold? please advice, kamsia!

Put a trailing stop to protect your profits from the highest point since your buying, once the stop is hit, SELL If the highest is 10.60, you should put a stop at 10.48....if the highest move up to 10.70, you adjust this to 10.58....and do so diligently. If stock keep going up non-stop, you make more profits, if stock U-turn, you protect your profits.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read my introduction in the first posting of this thread. I'm from a poor family, worked in a menial job ...trading was my path
out of the dead end that many Singaporeans face. I do not have millions or claim to be "qualified" in anyway...just that I do this for a living.

Ok you sound like a sincere guy. I wish you success.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok you sound like a sincere guy. I wish you success.

I have no claim of super extraordinary talent
I just work hard on what I do.and.learn from those.who better
. here I am just sharing my thoughts..and my trades.all.my mistakes and.triumphs
can be.seen

Last edited:

amazedbyyou

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Toppy, ezra hv jumped about 20 cts 2 times recently. Is the Samusung takeover concrete
or do u hv any other links to that?

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Toppy, ezra hv jumped about 20 cts 2 times recently. Is the Samusung takeover concrete
or do u hv any other links to that?

if it is not concrete wouldn't the major
shareholders dump.stock.on punters...
a 2nd.surge AFTER rumors are denied tells you what the
truth is...anyway some people think it has gone
up too much but a professional trader always play the
2nd surge not the first because the first breakout may be a false dawn.
this 'buying higher' rather than at the first break is when price is lower.is counter intuitive to ordinary punters too afraid to enter.when.it is actually safer to go in.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 Sept 2013

What is your view on AAPL; AMZN; FB; GOOG

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your view on AAPL; AMZN; FB; GOOG

all good except appl, I shorted apple a few months after jobs died
he is apple's greateat asset and irreplaceable. I have already closed that position taking profits.
the other stocks.are.good but I don't own.any of them as the risk level.is.too.low.for.me.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put a trailing stop to protect your profits from the highest point since your buying, once the stop is hit, SELL If the highest is 10.60, you should put a stop at 10.48....if the highest move up to 10.70, you adjust this to 10.58....and do so diligently. If stock keep going up non-stop, you make more profits, if stock U-turn, you protect your profits.

oh, ok, thank you very much.