• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 8 Laksa in Sinkieland...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very snobbish, everything small portion and little ingredients.

their parangs are very sharp. it's amazing how they can slice up a small shrimp into 3 or 4 pieces. u r right. very small bowl with miserable tiny sliced fishcakes n shrimps.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe you people eating laksa even talking about 2 or 3 bowls. It's one of the most unhealthiest dish on earth. It's not that great tasting anyway. Just coconut milk oiled and spiced into curry. I avoid all forms of curry anyway. If I want to eat unhealthily for taste, I might as well eat solid meat dish like a steak.

ji by cross breed kia! whuymust comdemn laksa, not ur business if u don't like it! enjoy ur meat n fuck off!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
The two at East Coast Rd stalls always famous for quarelling are overhyped and overpriced. Trust me, I live there. Never bother to eat there also. Some simple cheap laksa would be nice enough for me. The real good one was old Roxy stall but no more also. I keep hearing about Sungei Road. I think one day if I pass by must try.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, I dun think Sungei is as good as before, the gravy is a diluted, cockles not big, though the price is the main factor. I prefer to pay additional $1 to eat at 128 Katong.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The two at East Coast Rd stalls always famous for quarelling are overhyped and overpriced. Trust me, I live there. Never bother to eat there also. Some simple cheap laksa would be nice enough for me. The real good one was old Roxy stall but no more also. I keep hearing about Sungei Road. I think one day if I pass by must try.
each and everyone that i have brought to eat at sungei road.....all became fans of it

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I dun think Sungei is as good as before, the gravy is a diluted, cockles not big, though the price is the main factor. I prefer to pay additional $1 to eat at 128 Katong.

I eat laksa always don't want cockles. If they don't have prawns to substitute, then forget it, I go eat something else.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wen u order dat time, u say u want gravy thick, tick 1 ... n hum want big-big 1 ...
want gravy thick thick go during almost closing time at 5pm plus.....super thick.......ask for exra chilli and extra hum.....heaven......if i on deathrow this will be my last meal

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
no hum then not authentic laksa.....likewise with char kwayteow.....CKT must have lard also

I heard that authentic mantra many times already. I just don't like it. It looks redbrown dirty. I like big white oysters though, but that's expensive and eat once in a while only. :wink:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will always eat 3 bowls in one session when there....shiok!!!

hi there

1. bro, honest no wonder you are your size from the way you "swallow" down leh.
2. you have to monitor your food intake.
3. this is one way to check on the weight thing mah.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, me too! some east coast kid!
2. yes, those katong laksa stalls have been at each other for years.
3. honest, i prefer those good old days when there was that ah pek that served his brew into some small china bowl.
4. you can only eat with a spoon!

jw5

Loyal
leetahbar got mum-in-law? :eek: :biggrin:

Those who want to go to the Alex Village stall can go with him................ :o