• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan Booed at Nomination!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The booing came from TJS sector filled with SDP rogues. TJS actioned to be gentleman over it. I won't vote any of them. :oIo:

Not true. Some of TKL's supporters were booing also.

Secondly, TJS's supporters are not confined to SDP supporters. There were NSP, SDA, SPP and WP supporters there too. If you've been to the GE2011 rallies the most vocal and ardent supporters, the loudest hecklers and booers were usually seen at WP rallies, not SDP rallies.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hearsay that there's subtle msge from the top down in the gov sector/glc to vote TT...espc from SPH!!!

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hearsay that there's subtle msge from the top down in the civil service to vote TT...espc from SPH!!!

Yes. The PA and the grassroots organizations have also been told to tell their members to persuade friends and relatives to vote TT.

seawater

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG need a different key to protect our reserve and NOT a duplicate key in tt. TJS seem to best fit that role. All four Tans are qualified and capable to be EP so there is no need to worry about choosing the wrong candidate. For SG sake all should endorse tjs.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's so bloody obvious that every election in Sinkapore is heavily politicised.Even elections for Presidents, Chairpersons and other office bearers in the clans, associations, AAS, religious bodies, sports bodies and professional bodies like the law society are politicised whether it's in the past, present or future. Here, more so in the EP , the stakes are even higher and huge egos are on full public display. May the best man win! Just don't be so naive to say that the EP is not a political contest just because a certain ah qua said so.Let's call a spade a spade!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP didn't endorse any candidate, including TT.

Election is needed for mandate since there're some veto powers.

It doesn't depend on what the PM says, it depends on what the Constitution says.

Fuck you lah! Kan ni na bu lao chee bye! :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP didn't endorse any candidate, including TT.

Election is needed for mandate since there're some veto powers.

It doesn't depend on what the PM says, it depends on what the Constitution says.

Utter bullshit. Even Tony Tan himself acknowledges the PM's endorsement and I quote from the TodayOnline article I'm tested, trusted, true: Tony Tan:

'At a press conference on the Presidential Election on Tuesday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong described Dr Tan as being "eminently qualified and a very good candidate". Earlier in June, in response to media queries, Mr Lee had said that he has no doubt that Dr Tan would be "a unifying figure for all citizens" and will bring "honour and credit" to Singapore if he is elected Singapore's next President.

'Dr Tan said yesterday: "I am of course very grateful for Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's comments and his personal endorsement of my candidacy for the presidency."'

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utter bullshit. Even Tony Tan himself acknowledges the PM's endorsement and I quote from the TodayOnline article I'm tested, trusted, true: Tony Tan:

'At a press conference on the Presidential Election on Tuesday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong described Dr Tan as being "eminently qualified and a very good candidate". Earlier in June, in response to media queries, Mr Lee had said that he has no doubt that Dr Tan would be "a unifying figure for all citizens" and will bring "honour and credit" to Singapore if he is elected Singapore's next President.

'Dr Tan said yesterday: "I am of course very grateful for Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's comments and his personal endorsement of my candidacy for the presidency."'

I suspect the next thing he is going to say is TT is endorsed by government, not PAP.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
apparently, it was reported that ex-PAP cadres came with busloads of supporters... and their supporters greatly outnumbered TKL & TJS's supporters combined. how can a small bunch of ppl drown out few hundred strong ex-PAP cadre supporters?

for all u know, the jeers & booing came from the busloads of supporters, cos they were disappointed that no food & drink was provided.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan Booed at Nomination!

Proposed therapy for Tony Tan. To read this journal publication.

Clayman S, 1993, Booing: The Anatomy of a Disaffiliative Response, American Sociological Review, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 110-130.

"Audience booing is a form of collective behavior that emerges within and has consequences

for interactions between speaker and audience...
:
:
Certain types of speech events are more likely
than others to receive booing. In these data, the
most common target of booing is an unfavorable
remark concerning a political adversary. Criticisms,
accusations, or derisive characterizations
of the opposition precede well over one-half of
the booing episodes.6 Thus, audience members
are generally reluctant to initiate the interpersonally
hostile action that booing embodies, but they
are quite willing to respond in this way to hostilities
initiated by a speaker.
:
:
Hostile remarks
are even more likely to generate booing, which
rarely occurs after nonhostile assertions. This may
reflect the fact that booing is a "dispreferred action"
:
:
Speakers usually oppose booing so as to defend
themselves, explicitly or implicitly, against the
audience's unfavorable response. This differs
sharply from the way speakers deal with applause
-speakers are much more accepting of a favorable
response.
:
:
Implicit Defenses: Talking Through Booing
Speakers may also defend themselves against
booing through less explicit means. For example,
they may continue to talk through the booing and
any incipiently disaffiliative responses that may
precede it.
:
:
Insofar as human action is situated in interaction,
at least one locus of commonality between
"individual" and "collective" behaviors is the way
component actions unfold in sequence. At that
level, many commonalities exist between activities
that may seem at first glance to be highly
dissimilar. Thus, individual expressions of disagreement
over the weather and audience booing
in presidential debates share underlying sequential
properties. Goffman (1964, 1983) anticipated
such commonalities in his programmatic writings,
and researchers in the conversation analytic
tradition (Sacks, Schegloff, and Jefferson 1974;
Schegloff 1987) have elaborated on the idea that
the interaction order is a species of social institution
in its own right, one that predates and is
constitutive of most other societal institutions,
and possesses its own indigenous organizational
properties and conventional practices..."

Full pdf here (Courtesy of Sense & Sensibility): http://www.mediafire.com/?c4ojm8ar0i5jn3d

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phony Tony's appeal to the vanity and self-importance of The Online Citizen and some of the blog writers have paid of.

Refer to TOC's report at http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/08/much-a-boo-about-nothing/

TOC's Shawn Danker is so observant and sharp-eyed and has such a phenomenal memory that he was not only able to count the number of jeerers but was also able to recognise the jeerers as being the "same people" who booed Tan Pei Ling.

The TOC writer, Joshua Chiang, has been so honoured by Phony Tony's appeal to TOC's vanity that he has been struck dumb and has been unable to explain why this "same people" did not boo another PAP man, Tan Cheng Bock or the other candidates but instead politely applauded them. Instead, he sought to trivialise the booing incident as an insignificant "much a-boo about nothing"

As despots everywhere know, all you have to do is either persecute or bribe your critics and appeal to their vanities and self-importance and most, like the vanity-stricken, preening peacocks in TOC, will forget the original purpose of their existence and start fawning and falling in line.

The price required to buy off the TOC staff and the likes of them? Invite them to a press conference and buy them a cheap lunch at NUSS Guild House.

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
After getting an invitation to Phony Tony's press conference and a cheap lunch at NUSS Guild House, the TOC goes one up on the PAP prostitute press.

Phony Tony's cheap lunch treat must have been pretty delicious.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/08/much-a-boo-about-nothing/

"Much a-boo about nothing?
Posted by theonlinecitizen on August 18, 2011 51 Comments

The jeers that greeted Presidential candidate Dr Tony Tan as he took to the stage to give his speech on Nomination Day were loud enough that those who were watching the live broadcast on Channel Newsasia could here.

“I think it is deeply disappointing to have people who will not even listen. I hope that during this campaign, Singaporeans will listen to views of all the candidates,” Dr Tan told the press afterwards.

According to Today, it was the supporters of rival candidate Mr Tan Jee Say who jeered at Dr Tony Tan. The Online Citizen’s volunteer photographer Shawn Danker who was present at the Nomination Centre concurred.

He estimated that there were 50 Tan Jee Say supporters in the crowd of roughly 500....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1147538/1/.html

PE: Tan Jee Say wants to be govt's auditor
By Imelda Saad | Posted: 17 August 2011 1813 hrs

SINGAPORE: Presidential candidate Tan Jee Say has said that if elected, he would like to play the role of an "auditor and gatekeeper" to the government.

Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday afternoon, Mr Tan said he would like to remind Singaporeans about the primary role of the Elected President, which he said is to act as a check on a possible rogue government.

But Mr Tan stressed he would like to have a "good working relationship based on mutual respect and frankness" with the government to discharge his duties under the Constitution.

Earlier, Mr Tan was accompanied by a few hundred supporters at the Nomination Centre...."

ben213us

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't you know that peranakans are hypocrites who love to control people "lesser" than them with money and power....

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's so bloody obvious that every election in Sinkapore is heavily politicised.Even elections for Presidents, Chairpersons and other office bearers in the clans, associations, AAS, religious bodies, sports bodies and professional bodies like the law society are politicised whether it's in the past, present or future. Here, more so in the EP , the stakes are even higher and huge egos are on full public display. May the best man win! Just don't be so naive to say that the EP is not a political contest just because a certain ah qua said so.Let's call a spade a spade!

In Singapore nothing happens by chance. It is called "Totalitarian" or rather Banyan Tree syndrome.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/COLOR]

After the conclusion of the 1997 General Elections, Ow Chin Hock and the group of Chinese-educated MPs spoke with Phony Tan and Wooden Goh and asked for the lawsuits against Tang Liang Hong to be dropped as the General Election was over.

All Wooden and Phony could do was to shrug their shoulders and said they could do nothing as Lee Kuan Yew was the one who wanted this done.

So Phony joined Lee Kuan Yew, Lee Hsien Loong, Wooden and his seven other PAP buddies in the destruction of not only Tang Liang Hong and JB Jeyaratnam but also the destruction of Tang's defenceless wife and innocent daughter. Phony joined in to terrorise this defenceless Ah Soh and her young, innocent daughter: their passports were seized, they were harassed, they were trailed, their phone lines were tapped, PAP lawyers stood and waited outside their house, etc.

So when Phony says that he is "tested, trusted and true", it is indeed true. The Despot could count on him to bark, roll and fetch, etc as and when the Despot so commands.

legal_bastard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess TT must be thinking about what a hard earned salary to be a president...haha!

hard earned? for most people, see millions and all goodness in them gone. will do ANYTHING to get millions, even risk burning in hell.. as if millions can save them in this world and other world