• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today I was told to stop eating on MRT....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay this is what happened. I had to rush off to several places today to do various errants. I had a very light breakfast and by the time I got to lunchtime, I was starving but I had to meet someone to pass him something urgently.

On my way to the MRT, I saw a man selling curry puff 3 for $1. I bought it and planned to eat it when I exited at Orchard MRT to meet my friend. I managed to get a seat on the MRT.

As the MRT was travelling, I got very hungry. So I took out one of the curry puff to eat. Too only 2 bites, a woman in her 60s told me, "You cannot eat on the train".

"Okay, okay, I'm just hungry. You ask me to stop, I stop....", I replied.

The woman still look somewhat offended like I just committed a crime. I don't know why.

I was in a bit of argumentative mood so, I asked her, "Aunty, don't mind me asking, why is it we cannot eat on the train".

The woman somewhat troubled replied, "You cannot eat because there is a rule that say you cannot eat. My generation, we all follow the rules. Why can't you follow the rule!!!"

I told her, "My generation, we don't like following rules unless we know why they are there in the first place...and I really don't know why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT. Nothing bad happens when I eat curry puff so why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT?!".

Woman now unhappy but kept quiet.

Really got me thinking. Last generation most of the men and women follow the rules...listen obediently to the govt. See where it got them - work their whole life cannot retire, get sick can afford to die but cannot afford to go hospital, old already still need to face competition from young foreigners. That's what happens to people who don't question things and just follow blindly.

I guess the rules on the MRT disallow people from eating and drinking are there because you might spill your food and drink all over the place. However, if you're a drinking water from a bottle with a straw or a valve, you won't spill the water..so why can't you drink when you're thirsty. If you have some finger food that won't drop all over the place what is wrong with eating it.

Really, you don't have to be thirsty and hungry, if you know why the rules are there. Your life sometimes cannot change for the better unless you question the rules and system they make you live in.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You cannot eat because SMRT don't want to spend money for extra cleaners. Simple as that....with pap it's always about money.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid rule that cannot be enforce.

japan metro also can eat and drink but cannot use handphone.
cannot talk loudly.

also stupid rule. every country have own stupid rules.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I do remember signboard inside MRT shown picture of burger is not allow. So you are not allow to eat BURGER only. It is true?

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I do remember signboard inside MRT shown picture of burger is not allow. So you are not allow to eat BURGER only. It is true?

Did they specify what type of burger not allowed? Cheese, double cheese, Big Mac or fish fillet? Chicken rice can since its not a burger?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't understand why you cant eat walking in the station. a puff will be finished in a few bites. the lunatics might make an example of you. remember the fine is 5k

jw5

Loyal
I guess the rules on the MRT disallow people from eating and drinking are there because you might spill your food and drink all over the place. However, if you're a drinking water from a bottle with a straw or a valve, you won't spill the water..so why can't you drink when you're thirsty. If you have some finger food that won't drop all over the place what is wrong with eating it.

Really, you don't have to be thirsty and hungry, if you know why the rules are there. Your life sometimes cannot change for the better unless you question the rules and system they make you live in.

Once I was on the mrt and there was a cup of spilled milo on the floor.
As the train moved, the spilled milo started spreading and spreading till almost half of the cabin floor had milo.
Althought the train was quite crowded, nobody wanted to stand on the milo and had converged to either sides of the cabin, making it even more crowded.
Subsequently, at one of the stops, a cleaner boarded the train to mop up the milo. After a few stops, she alighted and probably had to take another train back to her workplace.
This is why the rule is in place.
They should allow plain water on the mrt but not eating for 30 to 45 minutes won't harm you.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once I was on the mrt and there was a cup of spilled milo on the floor.
As the train moved, the spilled milo started spreading and spreading till almost half of the cabin floor had milo.
Althought the train was quite crowded, nobody wanted to stand on the milo and had converged to either sides of the cabin, making it even more crowded.
Subsequently, at one of the stops, a cleaner boarded the train to mop up the milo. After a few stops, she alighted and probably had to take another train back to her workplace.
This is why the rule is in place.
They should allow plain water on the mrt but not eating for 30 to 45 minutes won't harm you.

Well said. I know citizens these days like to ask why this cannot; why that cannot. Sometimes, you just need to think a bit broader and see things from multiple perspectives. Not everything has to be about you, why I can't do this or that.

Today, SMRT allows plain water and finger food. It would be even harder to enforce. What about flavoured water which is not visibly differentiatable from plain water. What kind of finger food? Where to draw the line.

Like this person said. Not eating or drinking for a while won't kill you.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should have a smokers cabin. Actually no sign on mrt, saying cannot, so nobody can stop him.

The trains do not have the no smoking signs as the mrt station itself already displayed the no smoking signs.

You can try out the stunt and if caught cite the election loitering law as example....no smoking inside stations but nothing against smoking inside the trains.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay this is what happened. I had to rush off to several places today to do various errants. I had a very light breakfast and by the time I got to lunchtime, I was starving but I had to meet someone to pass him something urgently.

On my way to the MRT, I saw a man selling curry puff 3 for $1. I bought it and planned to eat it when I exited at Orchard MRT to meet my friend. I managed to get a seat on the MRT.

As the MRT was travelling, I got very hungry. So I took out one of the curry puff to eat. Too only 2 bites, a woman in her 60s told me, "You cannot eat on the train".

"Okay, okay, I'm just hungry. You ask me to stop, I stop....", I replied.

The woman still look somewhat offended like I just committed a crime. I don't know why.

I was in a bit of argumentative mood so, I asked her, "Aunty, don't mind me asking, why is it we cannot eat on the train".

The woman somewhat troubled replied, "You cannot eat because there is a rule that say you cannot eat. My generation, we all follow the rules. Why can't you follow the rule!!!"

I told her, "My generation, we don't like following rules unless we know why they are there in the first place...and I really don't know why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT. Nothing bad happens when I eat curry puff so why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT?!".

Woman now unhappy but kept quiet.

Really got me thinking. Last generation most of the men and women follow the rules...listen obediently to the govt. See where it got them - work their whole life cannot retire, get sick can afford to die but cannot afford to go hospital, old already still need to face competition from young foreigners. That's what happens to people who don't question things and just follow blindly.

FUCK YOU! Fake story. Got pic or video? Knowing Chow Stinkees pattern, which auntie will even bother to kay poh any fucking mother fuckers eat curry puff in the train.

FUCKING FAKE LIAR SPOTTED!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh to TS if my earlier post. Stinkees has become to Balless and Inconsiderate and KiaSee. Your story is make up.