• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL rejects expert advice

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah but did ramseth advise TKL not to be the OPPORTUNIST that he is n attend Jing Quee's memorial...lagi worse by sporting his stupid polo-t...
I could only advise and I did advise. What he did is up to him, not me, since he's the one standing, not me. I advised against 100,000 petition campaign, against accusing people smearing him, against threatening to sue people, against blaming others for contesting, against speaking in four languages that would end up speaking in four broken languages by his linguistic standards. What else can I do? It's all up to him.Tonight's the "cool" night and tomorrow I'll go and vote for him. That's all I can do.

Last edited by Ramseth; Today at 01:22 PM.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i shall stick my neck out n say TJS shall garner more votes than TCB(forget abt TKL)...unfortunately i still think TT shall win becoz 4 horse race suits TT just fine...

btw i generally agree wif yr take on TJS n i hv heard quite alot abt his apparent lacklustre history in the private sector...it appears that he aspired to be a ps but for whatever reasons did not make the cut...

however the way this PE has panned out...TJS to me is not the issue...the issue is harry's EP construct going awry...

as for TCB...well i think he has relied too much on the past n failed to realise that this PE has taken a life of its own...
Firstly I am disappointed with TCB for not making a decent attempt at both the TOC and CNA forums. These are important as voters need to know a candidate's position. He did not seem interested. His rally was poor because it turned out to be testimonial and a eulogy would not be out of place.

However I am still voting for him on the basis that he is going to garner more votes than TJS and certainly more than TKL. If I thought TJS would at least rank higher than TCB, I would have chosen him. The reading however does not indicate that. TCB is well known for his past work over many years. He did much more and these are things that people remember. He thus has a voter base of some size and needs to attract swing voters.

TJS however is not well regarded in the corporate world. He has not done well in every position since he left Govt. This is no secret. In fact his last organisation did not do well and they folded. He has not been able to secure a decent tenure of a similar position since. That is the reason why he was asked about job hopping. I would not elaborate until after the polls. Because of this, he does not have a natural voter base compared to TCB. He will cannibalise TKL's voter base because of the latter's incompetent performance from the very start and he will pull in swing voters from TCB due to his lackluster performance.

I am also concerned how TJS got the COE. This is a govt that I have never trusted.

By the way I fully intend to give the PAP Govt a bloody nose and I have no interest in the office of President as I feel that it is joke and Nathan made sure of that.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is obvious he is using this PE as a platform...think he is was already a 'winner' of sorts when the PEC gave him the COE...
After the polls I will you why some of us are really puzzled. We are sort of trying to find out who pushed him into the race as that was not his original intention.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree...however there is still the known unknown factor out there...public sentiment coupled by social media...
The Presidency is a dud office. You can have the most forceful personality and it is not going to shift the furniture. There are enough stop cocks and bypass channel to carry on business as usual. They learnt that after the OTC affair. .

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've met TKL a couple of times in the late 90s when there were talks between my bank and NTUC for a possible JV. Not the kind of guy who takes advice. His managers and executives looked terrified of him. Nothing personal but I'd think that'd be a good lesson for him if he loses deposit.