• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL concedes loss of deposit

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potential downside risk of $48,000 and upside return of $3 mill at last count. Good gamble and should have used that 100k signature as tea leaves in the cup.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMS from Begonia Drive . The man has told his people that his deposit has gone.
hahaha.....thread started at 11.33pm when three quarter of Sinagapore already knew 1 hour earlier.
really waste of bandwidth.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw TKL conceding defeat on TV... how can anyone imagine this person who speak English like a person who has never gone to school be the president...

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can anyone in the right mind vote for someone who speak English like an Ah Beng or with little education?

Oh, actually, Tan Kin Lian didn't have a lot of education... just Higher School Certificate.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, you are displaying your ignorance here. His professional acturial qualification trumps any BA or BSc (even in PPE from Oxford) in prestige.

So it was not education. It was him.

Oh, actually, Tan Kin Lian didn't have a lot of education... just Higher School Certificate.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, you are displaying your ignorance here. His professional acturial qualification trumps any BA or BSc (even in PPE from Oxford) in prestige.

I agree. It's himself no acumen and acumen cannot be educated. Anyway this is the end of his political career. He's not cut out for it. Losing deposit reputation is death sentence in politics.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm sure ignorant.

I got that info from his cv.

http://www.tankinlian.com/Frame.aspx?PK=2bd395d1e206102eac426aee6a492e0e

Education: GSC 1965, HSC 1967

Can you count professional qualifications as education?

If it is, why is it not listed under Education. It is not education so it is listed under Professional Qualifications.

Tan Kin Lian may have professional qualifications but he didn't have a lot of education apart from Higher School Certificate.

It is still his education because he has no university education. That is why he speak like some Ah Beng or taxi driver.

And that's why many Singaporeans who are university grads don't want to vote for him.

Ps. Don't take this too seriously, if it makes you happy that I'm ignorant, then let me be ignorant. By the way, I have primary 6 only, if that makes you happy.