• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling's Maiden Speech in Parlaiment

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
More can be done to enhance home-based care for elderly: MCYS

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS) said more can be done to enhance home-based care for the elderly.

Speaking in Parliament on Friday, Minister of State for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Halimah Yacob, said that an integrated home-care model has been piloted to serve this group with multiple care needs.

MCYS said it also recognises the importance of training foreign domestic workers to help families cope with the demands of caregiving. Between January 2010 to September this year, some 2,300 caregivers have benefited from a training grant, and almost all of them were foreign domestic workers.

Meanwhile, MP for Marine Parade GRC, Tin Pei Ling, made her maiden speech on the final day of the Parliament debate, appealing for help for both the old and the young.

Ms Tin urged the government to consider providing free basic healthcare to elderly Singaporeans in the public healthcare setting. She said elderly issues are close to her heart as one in three residents in her MacPherson ward is aged over 50.

She also related her experiences of speaking with elderly residents, saying many of them do not always understand the different schemes and help available to them.

Ms Tin suggested strengthening communication and offering financial counselling and advisory on payment options to help them make a more informed decision.

On youths, Ms Tin said while young people know that earlier generations have done a lot of good for Singapore, they also want to forge their own paths ahead.

She said: "The government and society need not overreact to the loud and sometimes strident debate, especially over the internet. Robust debate or even disagreement on issues shows that young people are genuinely concerned about the future of Singapore.

"We should let things take their natural course. Young people will gradually figure out for themselves the way forward, by trying out new ideas and working out which sacred cows can be slayed, and ultimately pushing the boundaries of what Singapore can achieve."

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
So why doesnt she volunteer (in Swee Keat's words) to explain to them? Why pass the buck back to somebody else? So who's going to pay for doing the extra job? Then why are we paying her to do? And she said what? That she cares for the aged residents??

What a hare brain!

She also related her experiences of speaking with elderly residents, saying many of them do not always understand the different schemes and help available to them.

Ms Tin suggested strengthening communication and offering financial counselling and advisory on payment options to help them make a more informed decision.

On youths, Ms Tin said while young people know that earlier generations have done a lot of good for Singapore, they also want to forge their own paths ahead.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, before the election, she said that medical fess were affordable.

It seems that she has taken a U-turn by urging the government to consider providing free basic healthcare to elderly Singaporeans in the public healthcare setting.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng remembers she still got $15K on hand to do something about it instead of NATO - No Action Talk Only!:mad:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;yTgkpiAtJbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTgkpiAtJbo[/video]

up my points if you like

tanvir28

Alfrescian
Loyal
The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept.

Kelveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever voted for this lady is insulting the intelligence of ordinary Singaporeans. At least, 46% of Marine Parade are not idiots and are clear-eyed to realise what is not working right in this country these past 8 years.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is perfectly normal for politician to say one thing before election and another after it.

If any politician stick to his words, I believe he is in the wrong profession.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is perfectly normal for politician to say one thing before election and another after it.

If any politician stick to his words, I believe he is in the wrong profession.

Agree. No difference betweem politicians and 2nd hand car salesperson who will tell you everything positive about the car before purchase only for you to discover your car is unable to fly after you purchased it. Lawyers aren't far behind.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did she cheong RWS after getting her first huge paycheck? I thougt that was her priority after election.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do not need to worry about the loud & strident debates on internet.
Example:
:biggrin: Jasmine Revolution
:biggrin: Arab Spring
:biggrin: OWS - OccupyWallSt
:mad: Kate Spade

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng believes her well-worded script must have been checked n editted by someone up there before she could read out aloud.:biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TPL looks sweet. I think I am beginning to like her.

Thanks to the image consultants. :biggrin:

as long as her actions help benefit the poor, me think many people will like her too :p:p:p

Consider it done. TPL just need spin doctors,junior ones don't cost a lot and is enough to con Singaporeans.
How is it going to be funded? Your CPF?

Last edited: