• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time For LTA to Protect CardBoards Collectors Aunties And Uncles

KimJongUn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are they fans of Newcastle United F.C.? :biggrin:

Mr Toon Mee Kai (left) and Mr Toon Ngee Suan (right) at the wake of their mother, Madam Ching Guan Eng, cardboard collector auntie who was killed after being knocked down by a private bus at Marsiling Lane in Woodlands on 12 November 2014.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are they fans of Newcastle United F.C.? :biggrin:

sorry i dont know leh since they grow up in Marsiling .

more likely Fans of Kranji United T.C. ??? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Maybe they are Executive Commitee - Exco Members too ... :eek::eek::eek:

20141114_marsilingaunty_TNP.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yet another elderly folk who was run down by a bus and died:

http://therealsingapore.com/content/elderly-pedestrian-run-over-and-killed-bus-jurong-east

An elderly man believed to be in his 70s was run over and killed by a bus today in Jurong East.

The incident happened in front of block 301 on Jurong East Street 32 at about midday.

The SCDF confirmed that they sent one ambulance to the scene but the man in his 70s was pronounced dead on the scene.

A TRS reader was on site and he explained that the man had been crushed by the bus and parts of his body had burst open with a loud sound as the bus ran over him.

He explained that the bus involved was an SMRT bus number 187 driven by an Indian Female who was in shock after the incident.

Many other passers by were also shocked by the sight and many looked away from the body.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
yet another elderly folk who was run down by a bus and died:

http://therealsingapore.com/content/elderly-pedestrian-run-over-and-killed-bus-jurong-east

An elderly man believed to be in his 70s was run over and killed by a bus today in Jurong East.

The incident happened in front of block 301 on Jurong East Street 32 at about midday.

The SCDF confirmed that they sent one ambulance to the scene but the man in his 70s was pronounced dead on the scene.

A TRS reader was on site and he explained that the man had been crushed by the bus and parts of his body had burst open with a loud sound as the bus ran over him.

He explained that the bus involved was an SMRT bus number 187 driven by an Indian Female who was in shock after the incident.

Many other passers by were also shocked by the sight and many looked away from the body.

strange
this piece was in the tnp this afternoon

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

there is a good story behind the story ...

bro , guess la , What is the Moral of The Story ???

i mean this part ; the S$100 Miam Miam Voucher !!!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the Story - Hotline call me Muh work smart . less than 3 mins

hotline call made hime S$100 M M Voucher :confused::confused::confused:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
REPORTERS Barking Up the Wrong Tree Again

http://news.asiaone.com/print/news/singapore/she-collects-cardboards-kill-time

She collects cardboards to kill time

cardboard_tnp.jpg

Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 06:38

Lakeisha Leo

The New Paper

It has been almost two weeks since cardboard collector Zheng Yuan Ying was killed in an accident in Marsiling Lane.

The 86-year-old was knocked down by a private bus while pushing her trolley across the road.

But the tragic incident has not stopped other senior citizens from going around the area to pick up cardboard.

When The New Paper visited the area on Friday at about 7am, four elderly women were seen pushing their trolleys on their rounds. They went about

their business along the roads, seemingly oblivious of the lorries and buses which were being driven in and out of the area.

An 82-year-old woman, who gave her name only as Madam Po, was one of them. She was reluctant to talk, but eventually let on that she picks up

cardboard to pass time, as she does not have much to do at home.

WORK

The grey-haired woman, who sported a short crop, said in Hokkien: "It's boring. I have children to take care of me, but I just want to work."

She collects cardboard every morning, waiting a few days before amassing enough to sell them at a designated collection point, also in Marsiling.

She declined to say how much she makes.

Although she was aware of the incident involving Madam Zheng, she said she was not worried about losing her own life in an accident.

She said: "I have been doing this for more than 10 years, and so far nothing has happened."

sgcardboardcollectors13.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEA and LTA Should Just Make It

Unprofitable for these Illegal / Unscrupulous Collectors / Traders

To Exploit These Old Folks !!!

Govt then give them less risky jobs to " past their time "

Screenshot_2014-11-16-05-30-04_1_zpsnmel9ibm.jpg

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck u lah reporter. Chinese are known for saving face so no matter how fucking poor they are they will never wanna admit it. Instead of u interviewing them outside why not you tail them back to their homes. See their living conditions and from there you can do your assessments if they're really living a hard life or just bored for fuck..... Knnbccb la reporter! Pui pui pui

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros , all Aunties and Uncles Thanks you for your speaking up for them .

Highly Educated Reporters who asked stupid questions will get a

highly sophisticated answer from Aunties and Ah Pek .

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck u lah reporter. Chinese are known for saving face so no matter how fucking poor they are they will never wanna admit it. Instead of u interviewing them outside why not you tail them back to their homes. See their living conditions and from there you can do your assessments if they're really living a hard life or just bored for fuck..... Knnbccb la reporter! Pui pui pui

paging for Aung San Suu Chee ...

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to wonder why these rubbish collectors look so fit and healthy with a spring in theor step...now I know.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA what do you think ?

Day and Night pushing trolleys Uncles and Aunties Pushing their trolleys risking their lives

and Exploited by used Cardboard and used newspapers Business Traders Companies for

a few dollars per Kilograms of their collections . While traders at con man Sin Lin made

Thousads per months hapi hapi . Who did this mati Aunty voted for ??!

But our Blur Cock Minister Tan Chuan Jin says these people are doing it because they enjoy it leh.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But our Blur Cock Minister Tan Chuan Jin says these people are doing it because they enjoy it leh.

Just because some get killed does not mean they do not enjoy the exercise.

Lots of cyclists get killed while exercising too.....

pdcyclist.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where can I sign up to haul some trash bags ….hope there is no fee to break contract like the gyms….soon there will be openings for your own sexy trash hauling personal trainer (I wish)!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
/

=====================================================

“While I often chat with them when I meet them, I haven’t gone so far up the value chain to know the middle man and the whole set-up.

I was most happy to join a group of young Singaporeans from Youth Corp on a project they initiated – to get first hand insight into the lives of elderly cardboard collectors: what motivated them to do what they do; and the challenges they face.

The youngsters devoted their weekends over a 2-month period to befriend the cardboard aunties and uncles on the streets in the Jalan Besar area, and spent time talking to them to understand what they are going through in life.

They shared with me that they were surprised by their own findings! The normal perception that all cardboard collectors are people who are unable to take care of themselves financially is not really true.

There will be some who do this as their main source of income. Some do so to supplement what they have. Some prefer to earn extra monies, treat it as a form of exercise and activity rather than being cooped up at home.

They do this to remain independent, so that they can have dignity and not have to ask their families for help.

For members of the public, the simplest thing that one can do for these people is to talk to them to understand them.

More often than not, people make judgements without finding out the facts of the matter, in this instance, the stigma surrounding cardboard collectors. But of course, for those who genuinely need financial help because they are unable to find other jobs to supplement their income from cardboard collecting, the government will do what it can to help these people. If you know of individuals who need help, do let us know.

I’d like to thank Zaihan Mohamed Yusof who started it all with his article

http://www.tnp.sg/news/when-cardboard-gold in The New Paper. The youngsters picked up on the idea and followed up. Cheers to Koh Cheng Jun (Tm Lead) and Muhammad Syazwan Bin Mohamed Suhri who were with me on the ground, and thanks to the team who shared their thoughts with me…Goh Pei Yi Valerie, Janarthanan Ahalya, Khoo Lay Keat Bryan, Lee Jun Xian, Serena Mok Jia Xin.

Inspired by you guys for taking that extra step. We all can too!”

11059888_944031712306271_2729831756154542018_n.jpg

==================================================