• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TH's Performance Appraisal Time - STI Will Soar

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
60 cents by 200,000 shares in each counter and that's a cool $205,000 plus within one month sure excites me.

Show me which counter in miserable SGX can produce this kind of result.

Now that hot money is shifting from real estate to stocks in Shanghai, hopefully by April I can see HKD5m - HKD6m in profit.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it going to be bullish, bearish or sideways? :confused:

[video=youtube;vb64S7uEmrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb64S7uEmrY[/video]

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh when you say sgx that's where you lost me. Going global did not register on you apparently. It's so stable here you see pathetic flux. Hence it's a waste of time. I made a dollar in 3 days, and that's just for starters. Enjoy your 60 cents

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Huat Ah as long as there's volatility
And you "guessed" direction correctly
Based on what market's behaviour
Tells you and not hunchs or opinions
Path to riches is more or less assured
Did I not mention shooting star
On Bund index in another thread
With price shock like this throw away
Your pivot points Bund opened below
S3 so how to use as reference point
But S1 of Hantu index did serve as
Such to cap bear rally before falling
Soli ah got to go jaga something

China Stocks Sink Most Since 2009 on Margin-Trading Suspensions
Chinese equities plunged the most in five years, led by brokerages, after regulatory efforts to rein in record margin lending sparked concern that speculative traders will pull back from the world’s best-performing stock market.
The Shanghai Composite Index (SHCOMP) sank 6.3 percent to 3,163.72 at 11:30 a.m. local time, poised for the steepest drop since August 2009. Citic Securities Co. (600030) and Haitong Securities Co., the nation’s two biggest listed securities firms, fell by the 10 percent daily limit after they were suspended from lending money to new equity-trading clients. The stock gauge’s 30-day volatility rose to a five-year high.
The penalties have raised concern that policy makers are trying to curb a surge in stock purchases using borrowed money, after outstanding margin loans surged to 1.08 trillion yuan ($174 billion) as of Jan. 13 from about 400 billion yuan at the end of June. The Shanghai Composite index has jumped 61 percent during the past 12 months on record volumes as individual investors piled into the market.
“Regulators are concerned that shares have run too hard, too fast,” said Hao Hong, a strategist at Bocom International Holdings Co. in Hong Kong. “They want a measured increase in the stock market. After all, margin financing is one of the reasons for people to be bullish on brokerage stocks, and these stocks have run particularly hard.”
The Shanghai gauge advanced 2.8 percent last week, a 10th week of gains that’s the longest winning streak since May 2007, after credit growth expanded and speculation grew the central bank will cut reserve-requirement ratios.

More at:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...res-plunge-on-margin-trading-suspensions.html

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huat arghh! This time I hit the bull's eye!

China cuts bank reserves to 'keep economy stable'

1 Hour Ago
CNBC.com

102343069-53279555_530x298_0.jpg

China's central bank increased its economic stimulus measures even further Wednesday amid growing concerns about the rate of expansion in the world's second-largest economy.

The People's Bank of China (PBOC) decided to cut banks' reserve requirement ratio (RRR) by 50 basis points to 19.5 percent. The move, effective Thursday, is the first such cut since May 2012. This will lower the amount of deposits that each lender is required to hold as reserves.

The measure will help keep the economy stable, the PBOC said alongside the decision which was announced around 10:30 a.m. GMT. It added that it will also help guide the appropriate growth in social financing.

Asian markets were closed during the announcement but their European counterparts received a boost on the news. Mining stocks like Fresnillo, which have a heavy exposure to China, rallied on the announcement as did Asian exposed lenders like Standard Chartered.

Australian and New Zealand, whose economies are heavily reliant on the Chinese economy, saw their currencies lift on the news.

The PBOC's move follows on from a cut to one-year benchmark lending rates in November. Analysts at the time believed that such moves are motivated by a dovish central bank trying to cushion its fall from years of double-digit growth.

Data published last month revealed that China's economy grew at its slowest pace in 24 years in 2014, undershooting the government's target for the first time since 1998. Gross domestic product (GDP) expanded 7.4 percent from 7.7 percent in 2013. Government targets have been for a print of "around 7.5 percent."

Meanwhile, China's services sector grew at the slowest pace in six months in January as growth in new business weakened, an HSBC services purchasing manager's index (PMI) showed Wednesday, Reuters reported.

The slowdown comes at a time when the country's new leadership is stepping up regulation, curbing an overheated credit market and switching an export-focused economy into a consumer-driven one.

However, Larry McDonald, the senior director at Newedge USA, told CNBC Wednesday that the new announcement does mark a change in direction from the bank, compared to its strategy at this point last year. He explained that the PBOC had been more worried about the country's credit markets and had tried to curtail risk, but were now appearing to be more dovish.

"They have completely reversed course," he said. "It's a sign of global central bank panic," he added, with other central banks also producing similar moves in the last few months in the face of global deflation and growth downgrades from organizations like the World Bank.

In January, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang told an audience at the World Economic Forum in Davos that the economy was not heading for a hard landing and would instead stick to its current path of reforms and create far-reaching opportunities for the whole world.

He said that the Chinese economy had now entered a "new normal" where development is moving to a "medium-to-high" level. Likening the Chinese economy to a train, he added that the train would "not lose speed or momentum" and will be powered with a stronger motor going forward.

- By CNBC's Katrina Bishop and Matt Clinch. Li Anne Wong also contributed to this report.

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huat arghh! This time I hit the bull's eye!

China cuts bank reserves to 'keep economy stable'

- By CNBC's Katrina Bishop and Matt Clinch. Li Anne Wong also contributed to this report.

Can this turn out to be a double edged sword especially for the Chinese banks?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Huat arh I can sleep well again this and every night
No leveraged positions to extend beyond close of day
Means no gap up or down surprise and no nightmare
Besides when index closes same as previous session
Yet can take major part of two hundred points
On way up in morning and eat lunch peacefully
Cos no position over break also then come back
To do opposite of what was done in the morning

Daily pendulum caused by gunning down stops
Means basis swings from premium to discount
Crowd always puts stops in damn obvious places
Well this see saw makes up for the overnight gap
Sifu says if one does hold a position overnight
Be sure to pull your stops before next open

Go with the flow if today is Tailor's Sell Short Day
Then tomolo is Buy Day but everything depends
Only difference is Tailor holds his positions overnight
But then he is a long dead grain trader from Chicago
Options on the other hand is another matter
Overnight is okay but don't write naked ones

vnhhinjb

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Huat arh I can sleep well again this and every night
No leveraged positions to extend beyond close of day
Means no gap up or down surprise and no nightmare
Besides when index closes same as previous session
Yet can take major part of two hundred points
On way up in morning and eat lunch peacefully
Cos no position over break also then come back
To do opposite of what was done in the morning

Daily pendulum caused by gunning down stops
Means basis swings from premium to discount
Crowd always puts stops in damn obvious places
Well this see saw makes up for the overnight gap
Sifu says if one does hold a position overnight
Be sure to pull your stops before next open

Go with the flow if today is Tailor's Sell Short Day
Then tomolo is Buy Day but everything depends
Only difference is Tailor holds his positions overnight
But then he is a long dead grain trader from Chicago
Options on the other hand is another matter
Overnight is okay but don't write naked ones

Surrender, dont know what you are saying.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surrender, dont know what you are saying.

Don't pretend lah
By the way reaction to news
More important
Than news itself this morning
Performance "bad"

101 is after hours closing price
Failure to go above
Even by a few ticks means weak
Today's pivot of 018
Confluence with weekly number

Sappork will hold or not
Don't know before it is reached
Price action when kena
Has weakness written all over
So must do what arh

Load up on short side dummy
And trend continues
All the way to 821 daily S1
MACD bull divergence
Appears and what to do argh
Cover when price confirms
It does soon enough and
Thy lunch is worry free

What will happen in afternoon
Nobody knows except
Buyers and sellers will appear
Life goes on as usual
Buy day according to Tailor's Book
Doesn't necessarily mean
Go long at open can be afternoon

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Peacocks and joss sticks sends signals once again
Tells one to join roller coaster that goes down
Because other one is not working or rosak in Malay
At this moment Hantu index at prior day's close
Case of back to square one after predictable moves
Time to pack up for day and makan fish and chips

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A great start to my New Year.

Today 2822 & 2823 close at HK$14.52 and HK$13.52 with turnover of 146,666,063 & 257,758,517 shares respectively compared to SGX miserable total turnover of S$1,072,126,131.

The turnover in value of just two HSI counters 2822 & 2823 is more than SGX's total turnover for today.

Am riding on more than 1.2m HKD in paper profit.

Made a damn good decision to abandon SGX for HKI and SSEC two months ago.

Super bull run in Shanghai bourse! Don't miss the bus or you'll need to wait for another 7 - 8 years to hitch a ride.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stock maniacs are everywhere, even in Sai Kung country park
The current rally is being driven by investors from all walks of life betting on Beijing’s decision to allow public funds to invest

I was hiking in a Sai Kung country park yesterday, where there are more corals than human beings and mobile phone access is close to zero. I never expected to run into a stock market maniac, yet I did.

Sitting in the middle of a seaside town of about 10 houses was the village's only grocery store-cum-tea-house - not exactly a store but the home of an old couple who also run a business.

In summer, they rent kayaks, showers and lockers to tourists. On quieter days they prepare sea urchin fried rice and oyster pancakes for hungry hikers.

Yesterday was a quiet one. On the patio all the tables and chairs were stacked up with the red and white umbrellas lying beside them.

My husband and I were the only visitors in the store.

No one came to serve us. Inside the house, the television was blaring about the performance of individual stocks. The old lady, who usually does the cooking, had her eyes fixed on the television.

Finally, her husband came to serve us. We ordered an oyster pancake and noodles with ham. The old lady rushed into the kitchen to cook for us.

Within 10 minutes, she was back in her seat busy talking to her banker on the phone about her securities account.

It was hard to tell what bets she was making. It was all so secretive. She told my husband off when he entered the house to get some toothpicks.

Yet, it was hard not to notice how absorbed she was. The food - to put it kindly - tasted very different from previous days. The noodles looked like a towel.

Along came an expatriate in a blue T-shirt and blue shorts, holding a bottle of Tsingtao beer in his hand. He greeted the old man in pretty fluent Cantonese.

An occasional resident of the village, the man teaches surfing on the beautiful beaches in the area. Excited to see new visitors he spent 10 minutes telling us why surfing isn't a dangerous activity and how much he loves the sport.

Everything he talked about was related to surfing, until the old lady reappeared.

"I made a successful bet today," he couldn't wait to tell her.

"Good for you. Tsingtao Brewery?" she asked, pointing to the green bottle in his hand.

"No, too expensive. I don't have that much money," he said.

"That's right. It costs almost HK$60 [per share]," said the woman as if she had one of those flashing computer screens right in front of her. It closed at HK$54 yesterday.

"I bought San Miguel," said the surfer. "It also brews beer."

True, but the difference between the size of San Miguel and Tsingtao Brewery is like heaven and hell. Tsingtao is the top brewery in China. San Miguel's 2014 profit was only 1.8 per cent of its mainland peer.

"San Miguel is a big laggard, though," said the woman disapprovingly. It has traded up only 0.72 per cent since January.

"Oh yes, that's why I bet on it," the man said. "It's cheap. Buy low, sell high. Right?" San Miguel closed at HK$1.4 yesterday.

Don't write the surf coach off as a joke. The current rally is driven largely by Beijing's decision to allow public funds to invest in the Hong Kong stock market. The official signal is clear; mainland liquidity is here and the crowd followed.

Therefore, if you want to make quick money, you should perhaps learn to think like a mainland investor. Any Shanghai or Chengdu investor will tell you that lesson No1 is to forget all the talk about fundamentals.

And the surfer had a proven success from his trade.

"How much did you gain?" the old woman asked.

"About 2.4 per cent in two hours. Not bad," said the surfer with a big smile. "It's nothing compared to yours, but I will build on it."

"Congratulations! Thanks to China!" the old woman said.

"Absolutely, everyone is so happy," said the surfer toasting with his beer.

http://www.scmp.com/business/articl...arket-jump-shows-crowds-will-follow-liquidity

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote: Stock maniacs are everywhere, even in Sai Kung country park
"Congratulations! Thanks to China!" the old woman said.
"Absolutely, everyone is so happy," said the surfer toasting with his beer.

Congratulations to sgx investors like myself, will only lose money in this fucked up market that get nowhere but downhill. It's a joke that Sinkiepore is a financial hub when it's stock market performs in such lackluster manner. Something is very wrong with this 'financial hub'.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice ~ Uncle Deng.

Well done my white and black pussycats!

Today HSI and Shanghai Composite Index surge ahead into clear blue skies.

I don't need to be so "disgraceful" having to stoop so low to sacrifice my privacy just to make my million Dollars salary.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually hor, the ETFs (2822 and especially 2823) underperformed the SH Composite Index.

Peaceful Insurer would have been better to mimic the SH Composite and can use derivatives some more.

Chinese insurers can book unrealised stock portfolio gains (from using "free float" arising from premium income aka Warren Buffet style) which is NOT in compliance with international standards. This also means when market drops, unrealised losses will also have to be booked - then these insurers' stocks will drop like a ton of bricks. Also got derivatives to short (due liquidity is considerably less but still acceptable) the Peaceful Insurer. All in all not very peaceful but sexciting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done my white and black pussycats!

Today HSI and Shanghai Composite Index surge ahead into clear blue skies.

I don't need to be so "disgraceful" having to stoop so low to sacrifice my privacy just to make my million Dollars salary.

Well done Boss and congratulations.

You're showing those unscrupulous PAP IBs here that there are other ways to make a good living besides having to phor-lam-phar.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done Boss and congratulations.

You're showing those unscrupulous PAP IBs here that there are other ways to make a good living besides having to phor-lam-phar.

Phor-lam-phar PAP doggies, please be reminded that there are other honorable ways to make a decent living.