• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This type of bullying happens EVERY DAY in our society. Heartbreaking..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss, you're capable of sympathy? :eek:

Yes I have great sympathy for the successful people of this world who are forced to part with a big chunk of their earnings so it can be handed over to the lazy, useless losers of society.

jw5

Loyal
Yes I have great sympathy for the successful people of this world who are forced to part with a big chunk of their earnings so it can be handed over to the lazy, useless losers of society.

including you?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I been bullied my whole life because I'm fat

In primary school, in secondary school, in polytechnic, at work

I cried when I watched this video - I know how she feels

hi there

1. girlfriend, you ain't the same person no more!
2. get it though you.
3. look up, stand tall & move on.
4. don't look back!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. sammy, many successful individuals are scums too!
2. never judge a book by its cover or value hoh!
3. that include dafter sheep.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why don't you get off your fat ass and lose some weight then. :rolleyes:

You're fat because you consume more calories than you burn. The solution is simple :

1) Eat less.
2) Exercise more
3) Do both.

Nobody else made you fat. You did that to yourself by filling your face too often.

hi there

1. sammy, you have proclaimed to be knowledgeable!
2. there is something called genes hoh.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
2. there is something called genes hoh.

I have already covered the genetic side of things in this post.

While it is true that some people put on weight a lot more easily than others, all it means is that they have to be more careful with food intake.

I'm one of those who has the misfortune of putting on weight very easily. That's why I choose to exercise at least 3 hours a day x 5 days a week. If I didn't put in the hard yard while consuming the same amount of food, I'd be 20 kg heavier by the end of the year.

The other option would be to forgo at least 50% of my daily calorie intake.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only people who exercises 3 hours a day are full time preofessionals... i presume finger exercises typing on keyboard are not counted?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The only people who exercises 3 hours a day are full time preofessionals... i presume finger exercises typing on keyboard are not counted?

I go for a bike ride. If weather permits, I start at about 9 am and finish just before lunch.

There are days when I only do an hour and half but it'll be made up for on Saturdays which is usually at least 100km and takes about 4 hours.

I only do about 350km a week. Professional cyclists do 3 times that figure.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to deal with a bully is to stand up courageously to them and give it to them properly! When I was in Pri 3, there was this asshole who kept shooting insults at me and pushed me around and even threw chalk powder onto my hair. I had been tolerating him for a long time, until one day when he grabbed my collar and tore it. I got so pissed that I gave him one bloody punch on his cb face. His nose bled non-stop, and he had to be sent to the hospital. After that, he avoided me like a bubonic plague until the day we graduated. I was of course disciplinarily dealt with and my parents were called down. I wonder what had happened to that bloke....

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to be bullied at school. As the years passed I got ahead of my bullies both in work and social status. At the end of the day I see 1 by 1 of my bullies sad ending. Some are balded from work stress or money stress and could not or dare not retire. Some are even worst off with no job and keep bothering me into buying their crappy products of trying to con me into investing in 1 of their crazy business. Hence that let me to believe what goes around comes around. I even knew of this bully that stole from me at VI and later lost his finger at work.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why he was bullying the whole country, hsi wife was raking in millions in conveyancing fees. Imagine to buy a 2 storey bungalow in the best surburb in places like OZ cost about $500 . In Singapore until his wife's retirement it ran well past $10k. Nobody had the balls to change it while she was in the conveyancing carriage. Disgraceful.

ur a silly old bat... u make it sound like lee n lee was the only law firm in the whole of sg doing conveyancing work. the other law firms could have undercut her, but they chose to follow her lead. she simply exposed the greed of lawyers. moreover, based on the formula for stamp fees (which i assume ur talking about as part of the 10k costs), only the top 20% of property transactions by value were subjected to it back in the day.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Robot Men

That's a load of bullshit and one of the sorry excuses that fat people have invented to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their own predicament.

Fat is nothing more than stored energy and if you understand the laws of thermodynamics, you'll know that energy cannot be produced from nothing. It can only be converted from one form to another.

Anyone who consumes more energy than they burn will end up putting on weight while those who burn more than they consume will lose weight. Show me someone who can defy this equation and you'll have a solution to all the world's energy problems.

Yes, your 'theory' seems simple for 'most' people. This is getting to sound like another atheistic viewpoint. There's nothing wrong with balancing the IN and OUT for energy intake and expenditure. But, there were also visible argument that your supported viewpoint may be a little too optimistic. The human body is NOT a closed system like a machine (non-living thing).

If this is true, then the energy deficit (energy that goes in is lesser than the one going out) should successfully create a thin man in no time. But, this is NOT the case for some. Why ?

The law of Thermodynamic is just TOO simple because some of these bodies refuse to obey it. So, how ? This is like listening to another false claim again - evolution, big bang, etc.

From I see from this article, this law of thermodynamics thing for obesity research is NOT very convincing.

Let's see another article from another site :

Everyone knows somebody like this. I have a number of friends who eat way more than I do, exercise less and stay rail thin. Why do these people get to credit their metabolism but I’m just fat lazy excuse-making slob if I suggest that my metabolism may be as slow as theirs is fast?

So next time somebody tells you that it’s just calories in/calories out, consider telling them that you’ll be happy to talk to them about it once they have recited the laws of thermodynamics, defined the Harris-Benedict Equation and discussed its specific limitations, and explained your friend who eats a ton and doesn’t gain weight.

Conqueror had seen with his own eyes that there is no explanation why thin girls keep eating a table full of food daily without exercises can STILL be this thin ! Would you go and advise them on the law of thermodynamics ? I know it, but won't bet on it.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow !

occupy-london-460x2881.jpg

I do agree with you that the successful and the lucky ones have no obligation to feed those who don't help themselves. But, what if the so-called losers are being made used of by the ruling regime and to benefit ONLY the evil capitalists and for themselves ? Especially when the poor is feeding the useless rich ? Like ... bankers ?

Some time ago, I told God that I should also be rich from His blessing (I'm trying my luck here). He said ... rich men, full of violence too. I don't know. But, that was a "Wow !"

burns.gif

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm one of those who has the misfortune of putting on weight very easily. That's why I choose to exercise at least 3 hours a day x 5 days a week. If I didn't put in the hard yard while consuming the same amount of food, I'd be 20 kg heavier by the end of the year.

Not everyone is as privileged as you who can afford 3 hours a day for exercise. I can barely afford one hour, which means that if the heavens decide to pour at the one precious hour, I'd still have to put on my track shoes and get wet, cold and miserable. And I have to eat a certain amount of calories in order to function in my work which requires mental concentration, so dietary restriction is not an option for me. Bottom line, you're in a great position as far as time is concerned but not everyone has the chance to do what you can do.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this family where 2 siblings and the parents have to watch their weight. The 3rd sibling is tall and skinny. Of the family of 5 he is the only that eats the most. The rest of the family envious like hell. Everyone who know this family can't believe their eyes when they see this dude eat. They traced it to his paternal grandmother.

This guy does justice to good eating when he visits the local hawker centre. One lucky bastard.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hormonal Imbalance ?

Not as simple as that. It's also what you eat. Not just making sure you eat less than you expend.

That's a load of bullshit and one of the sorry excuses that fat people have invented to absolve themselves of the responsibility for their own predicament.

Fat is nothing more than stored energy and if you understand the laws of thermodynamics, you'll know that energy cannot be produced from nothing. It can only be converted from one form to another.

Anyone who consumes more energy than they burn will end up putting on weight while those who burn more than they consume will lose weight. Show me someone who can defy this equation and you'll have a solution to all the world's energy problems.

When it comes to finding the right balance between input and output, metabolic rate variations from one person to another come into play. Those with high metabolic rates can enjoy the luxury of eating lots without getting fat. Those with extremely slow rates put on weight very easily.

However, ones metabolic rate isn't fixed. It can be raised by leading an active lifestyle while sedentary habits slow it down. Crash course diets also cause a drastic lowering of the metabolic rate because the body responds to starvation by burning less calories in preparation for what the body perceives to be an impending famine. That's why dieting alone never works long term.

When I was in school, there was an average of only one fatty per cohort and he was usually the son of a millionaire who didn't have to lift a finger to do anything. The rest of us were thin because we walked or cycled to school, played hantam bola during recess and soccer after classes.

For more info read http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/causes.html

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Re: Hormonal Imbalance ?

Not as simple as that. It's also what you eat. Not just making sure you eat less than you expend.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it actually is that simple. There are exceptional characters who, because of genetic variations, seem to defy conventional wisdom but these cases are simply a result of metabolic rates or disorders which place certain individuals on the extreme ends of the standard deviation curve.

Fat is stored calories. Human bodies are not capable of extracting energy out of air molecules or absorbing electromagnetic radiation and converting it to fat cells. If such a freak of nature does exist, a scientific experiment can easily be designed to prove this phenomenon.

Until I come across evidence to the contrary, I'm sticking to my belief that the only way to gain weight is to stuff your face with more calories than you burn in your day to day activities. Some people have the luxury of being able to eat a lot without tipping the balance. Others, myself included, have to be a lot more careful.

I'll also hold on to the belief that eating is an act of free will and that none of the fatties are being force fed in any way. In other words, it's their own damned fault they are fat.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Not everyone is as privileged as you who can afford 3 hours a day for exercise. I can barely afford one hour, which means that if the heavens decide to pour at the one precious hour, I'd still have to put on my track shoes and get wet, cold and miserable. And I have to eat a certain amount of calories in order to function in my work which requires mental concentration, so dietary restriction is not an option for me. Bottom line, you're in a great position as far as time is concerned but not everyone has the chance to do what you can do.

You're simply coming out with excuses for your lack of discipline and dedication to the task at hand.

When I had a day job, I didn't have the luxury of starting my exercise at 9 am so I used to start at 5 am. By 7 am, I had done 2 hours. I did another half an hour during my lunch break when everyone else headed to the food courts to stuff their faces and put on weight.

Another 30 minute jog before dinner and the 3 hours of exercise per day goal was accomplished.

The weather didn't stop me if I was training for an event. The routine was followed regardless of the conditions.

The idea that calorie restrictions affect mental alertness is a myth. Unless you're on a starvation diet, restricting calorie intake does nothing to impede brain function. In fact, a heavy meal does a lot more to cloud your thinking process as blood is diverted to the stomach to deal with digestion. I've seen fatties stuff their faces at lunch time and fall asleep at their desks at 2 pm.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hi there

1. sammy, many successful individuals are scums too!
2. never judge a book by its cover or value hoh!
3. that include dafter sheep.

Any scummy people who are successful deserve to be taken to task for their scum like behaviour. However, that does not alter the fact that any system that steals from the motivated and the hardworking and hands the loot over to the lazy and useless is a flawed system.