• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This PR pays taxes, work & consume services! Must thank him woh!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second-generation PRs perform NS but are treated differently

I REFER to Monday's report, 'School fee changes for non-Singaporeans'. As a permanent resident (PR), I wish to highlight the contradiction in policies, particularly with respect to second-generation male PRs.

Such PRs are required to do national service. The oft-quoted reason is that they, like all male Singaporean citizens, have enjoyed the benefits of growing up here and so they must repay their debt in the form of NS.

But with the recent change in education policies:

# Singaporeans will get two ballot slips - one more than PRs - in the balloting for primary school places; and

# Fees for PRs will more than triple by 2012 while they remain the same for Singaporeans.

If second-generation male PRs truly enjoy the same benefits of growing up in Singapore as their contemporary male Singaporean citizens, shouldn't they have the same balloting chances for primary school places and pay the same school fees, as enjoyed by male Singaporean citizens?

Before anyone gives a 'If you are not happy, then don't live here' retort, I would like to say that PRs, while 'enjoying' the benefits of living in Singapore, also do contribute in other substantive ways:

# We pay the same taxes as all Singaporeans;

# We set up businesses here employing Singaporeans;

# We work in both public and private sectors serving Singaporeans;

# We consume goods and services benefiting Singaporean businesses; and

# We interact daily with Singaporeans in a peaceful and accepting manner.

I trust my points will be taken constructively, in the spirit of Majullah Singapura.

Teo Kheam How

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN! I have only 1 question to this Mr. Teo. Since you are already "like" a singaporean, then what is stopping you from changing your blue ic to a pink ic??
!&!!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PR Teo Kheam How truly enjoy living and working in Singapore and think that he is contributing as much as a Singaporean and want the same benefits as a Singaporean, then what is stopping him to take up full citizenship?

Can't stand these PRs. Give them an inch they want a mile.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I refer to Mr Teo Kheam How on 'School fee changes for non-Singaporeans'

Do NS big fuck. I also got do NS but in times of war, pple like me are stuck here defending our country while assholes like U run home to your mummy in another country. The fact is that you refused to commit your life to the country, you refuse to give up whatever benefits you still enjoy from your own country and you do not see yourself staying here for the rest of your life and want to leave a backdoor open.

If you do not have the balls to commit your life to serving the country, the country does not have any obligations whatsoever to you either

I trust my points will be taken constructively, in the spirit of Common Sense. U do not commit yourself to the nation, the nation does not owe you anything

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINg a song of sixpence, pockets full of dimes, 4 and twenty PR's all bake in a pie...when the MIW's open the pie, the birds began to sing..

"what a lovely SINgapore it is for us, fit for a king"..

MAJULLAH SNGapura!!

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you do not have the balls to commit your life to serving the country, the country does not have any obligations whatsoever to you either

I trust my points will be taken constructively, in the spirit of Common Sense. U do not commit yourself to the nation, the nation does not owe you anything

Very well said ! Mr.Teo can fuck back to his country if he not agreeing ! :biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you hold pink IC and even you just started serving NS, I am sure the members here are ok with you enjoying the same benefits.

Mr Teo, NS is more than two years, reservist also got count ok?:rolleyes:

Is the above too much to ask from you? Will I be seeing you until the end of my reservist?

"Citizen soliders" stay and stand shoulder to shoulder to defend, bo pian. Not the PR... now you see me, now you don't. Just look at the example of the PRC girl....gao bu hao....rifles may point at the wrong direction in the worse scenerio.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dun tok so much la. Your church also 'TAX' the members 10% or more every month leh

you know the difference between voluntary and compulsory contributions?

let me explain to you.

1. voluntary contribution - give with joy and pleasure, for the glory of God!
2. compulsory contribution - don't like to but lan lan must give that stinking rich government who only knows how to throw away billions of taxpayers monies into foreign banks. :biggrin:

capish?

Last edited:

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 ballot slips for singaporeans..

LKY did question before the basis of democracy, whether it is ideal that everyone get to vote equally or that some should get to vote more..

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 ballot slips for singaporeans..

LKY did question before the basis of democracy, whether it is ideal that everyone get to vote equally or that some should get to vote more..

If some get to vote more, then not democracy liao leh! Old Fart shud check up the meaning of the word in dictionary! :oIo:

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
If some get to vote more, then not democracy liao leh! Old Fart shud check up the meaning of the word in dictionary! :oIo:

that was another one of his controversial ideas, like genetics..
that was also part of his model of asian democracy but he did not dare to push it further cos the repercussions would be unthinkable..

then again, that was nothing new since policies and ideas have always been wrought and twisted to fit the agenda of the ruling party..

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second-generation PRs perform NS but are treated differently

I REFER to Monday's report, 'School fee changes for non-Singaporeans'. As a permanent resident (PR), I wish to highlight the contradiction in policies, particularly with respect to second-generation male PRs.

Such PRs are required to do national service. The oft-quoted reason is that they, like all male Singaporean citizens, have enjoyed the benefits of growing up here and so they must repay their debt in the form of NS.

But with the recent change in education policies:

# Singaporeans will get two ballot slips - one more than PRs - in the balloting for primary school places; and

# Fees for PRs will more than triple by 2012 while they remain the same for Singaporeans.

If second-generation male PRs truly enjoy the same benefits of growing up in Singapore as their contemporary male Singaporean citizens, shouldn't they have the same balloting chances for primary school places and pay the same school fees, as enjoyed by male Singaporean citizens?

Before anyone gives a 'If you are not happy, then don't live here' retort, I would like to say that PRs, while 'enjoying' the benefits of living in Singapore, also do contribute in other substantive ways:

# We pay the same taxes as all Singaporeans;

# We set up businesses here employing Singaporeans;

# We work in both public and private sectors serving Singaporeans;

# We consume goods and services benefiting Singaporean businesses; and

# We interact daily with Singaporeans in a peaceful and accepting manner.

I trust my points will be taken constructively, in the spirit of Majullah Singapura.

Teo Kheam How

westerners and Japanese send kids to international schools. the only "FT" that put their kids into local schools are Asians from poorer countries. many will not be able to pay such greater fees especially if they have a large family and this may be the thing that drives them into taking up citizenship after avoiding it for so long (or moving someplace better).

glad i never took up PR / citizenship when i lived n Singapore for 10+ years.

Singapore is just a place to work save money (so long as you don't buy property or cars) and leave to someplace better as soon as you can. if you are Asian have good graduate degree or technical degree chances are you can get into countries like Canada or Australia so don't bother with Singapore. Only lower class Asians will take up citizenship.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When I read all these, I really want to laugh.

There is one saying in Credit Card advertisement, Membership has its privileges!

Why need to complain so much? If they want to enjoy all our "benefits", then sign up the membership of Singapore Inc! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng