• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is what happened when you drive your car and park in Genting Highlands

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mazda Driver Shock To Find Car Parts Stripped & Stolen In Genting Skyworlds' Hotel Parking Lot

hype.my

Source: China Press

Most people like to visit Genting Skyworlds at Resorts World Genting for a relaxing getaway. Unfortunately, this man’s visit there ended horribly after his car was stripped and he got into an accident with said car after!

A local man recently made a trip up to Genting Skyworlds for three days. He left his car in the hotel parking lot for safekeeping. However, to his horror, when he returned, he discovered his car had been stripped of its parts! To make matters worse, when he attempted to bring his car back afterwards, he got into a nasty accident.

Source: Harian Metro

The 47-year-old lorry driver told China Press that he had taken a trip to Genting Skyworlds on 9th May and had stayed till 12th May. He had parked his car, a Mazda, at a hotel’s parking lot at First World Sky Avenue. Before leaving, he alleged he had checked his car, ensuring it was locked. However, when he returned three days later around 2am, he discovered his car door’s lock had traces of damage.

I felt something was wrong. I immediately opened the door to check (on the car) and found that the steering wheel, radio, spanner, spare tire, speaker, and jack (had) all (been) stolen,” the man told China Press. He made a police report but could do nothing else. As such, with no other option, he took an e-hailing car back to Cheras where he lived.

The next day, he bought a steering wheel and asked a friend to drive him back to the parking lot to pick up his car.

The Mazda is a second-hand car which I bought for RM4000 about six years ago,” the man explained. “Although the steering wheel was stole, as long as I reinstall it, the car can be used.” Unfortunately, when he was driving downhill, the unstable steering wheel cost him control of his car, and he hit the shoulder of a road.

collage-6.png.webp
Sources: China Press/Public Domain Pictures

With the latest accident to befall him, he eventually decided against getting his car repaired. “It’s true that misfortune (comes in pairs),” the man lamented. “Initially, only (the car’s) parts were stolen. But now the whole car (has to be) scrapped.” Luckily, his friend was still nearby and was able to pick him up. He also managed to escape the crash uninjured.

The man later pointed out that he has low hopes for reclaiming his missing car parts. “I checked, and there is no CCTV installed in the parking lot,” he stated. This has left him disappointed. “It’s not the first time car thefts have happened there. I don’t understand why the management has not installed CCTV yet,” he told China Press.

Sources: China Press/Wallpaper Flare

Well, it’s certainly unfortunate that his trip to Genting Skyworlds ended badly. We sincerely hope his next trip there will end on a happier note!
Source: China Press
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.
Filed Under First World Sky AvenueGenting SkyWorldsResorts World Genting

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Installing cctv is no use. To deter thefts, you need a regular patrol by security guards plus cctv. The way the car park was designed encourages thievery. Plenty of nooks and crannies and badly lit.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Melayu also long time do wan go holiday in Malaysia.
There's always somebody waiting to take advantage of you around the corner.