• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is SP setia standard

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well Setia always has talks on Saturdays and trips to the property site on Sundays (think they did it the past few weeks). If they have not responded to your written requests (putting things down on paper always puts a date and therefore pressure will mount when its very obvious that no action was done), you can always make a trip to their Singapore office when they are at their busiest and say your request out loud. Surely someone would attend to you so that your request would not freak out potential buyers.

yup went down just last week(on quiet friday afternoon) and spoke to a frontline staff, she couldnt handle or find my records, asked another senior staff to come out and explained to me.

called them yesterday afternoon and their reply was the cheque has been processed. so probably need to give them one more week.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup went down just last week(on quiet friday afternoon) and spoke to a frontline staff, she couldnt handle or find my records, asked another senior staff to come out and explained to me.

called them yesterday afternoon and their reply was the cheque has been processed. so probably need to give them one more week.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you change your mind about the Eco Cascadia? :smile:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't mind me asking, why do you change your mind about the Eco Cascadia? :smile:

the location is far and also if i can get a subsale unit with better location and immediate move-in then why not

on the other hand, if i had spare cash i would have bought a unit at cascadia for my parents retirement, as they are cotemplating whether to buy.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eco Cascadia does seem far from the map though I personally have not visited the site before. Am glad you will be getting your cheque soon. Setia is going to develop another residential plot in Singapore (Petir Road), so my guess is they can do without bad press on their customer service. You are good son :smile: I also hope one day I can retire in my house in JB. The temptation to buy an existing unit was very real, but I am a sucker for new stuff. So have to keep my impatience in check.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah i hope my parents shift in with me will be best. if i have kids they can run after them and find something to do, as they like kids also. retirement for me no doubt will be away from hometown Sinkie

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
yeah i hope my parents shift in with me will be best. if i have kids they can run after them and find something to do, as they like kids also. retirement for me no doubt will be away from hometown Sinkie

You are a good man. Well done and i am very glad you are getting your cheque back.

iceblue

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Can someone please advise, how does the whole booking thing works for Setia Cascadia? If you see a unit you like you place a deposit and then what happens if you decide to change your mind after months of contemplating? Do they refund the deposit back or do they make you sign the SAP agreement?

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia wont give you the $500 refund if you exceed the stipulated time.
Few months usually will be exercise and option fees gone plus you have to pay lawyer fees.
I have not seen SPA of Setia.
hope my info helps

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia wont give you the $500 refund if you exceed the stipulated time.
Few months usually will be exercise and option fees gone plus you have to pay lawyer fees.
I have not seen SPA of Setia.
hope my info helps

Yes they will make you sign the S&P once you settle your loan.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I placed the deposit (S$500) with the Setia office in Singapore, I was given two weeks to decide whether to proceed with the purchase or not. During that two weeks period, I did the following:-

1) Ask Setia to recommend banks and get them to call me asap to apply for bank loan. Banks will need your salary statement, employment letter etc to determine your salary and ability to service the loan
2) Check the actual site (ask the local Setia office to arrange with someone in Setia JB to bring you to the actual site) and decide if you like it
3) Get confirmation from bank that they can grant you the bank loan at the quantum you want
4) If after going through 1) to 3) and you do not want to proceed, then apply for refund (Movingaway may be able to advise on this process)
5) Thereafter, if you want to take up the legal fee subsidy, the bank will use their recommended lawyer to go through the S&P with you at Setia JB office
6) Payment (can be done from Singapore via TT) only after you sign the S&P and loan agreement at the same time
7) Setia will give you copy of receipt (via mail) once your payment clears
8) Once you pay off the first 20% (if you took 80% loan), the rest of payment will only need to be made upon handing over the unit to you
9) Progressive % completion reports will be sent to you to update on the progress of completion of your property (this is for info only unless you did not take up any loan; for the latter if they tell you complete another 10%, then you must arrange to pay 10% of purchase price)

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
for refund just have to sign a form
and write a reason why you request for refund?
usually anyhow write can already, too far or parents not agreeable. they just need to file.
refund will take approximately 4weeks, twice the time taken stated by sales person.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
usually anyhow write can already, too far or parents not agreeable. they just need to file.
refund will take approximately 4weeks, twice the time taken stated by sales person.

I am glad at least they did refund you in the end. Best wishes

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. exactly. 1 month also for my case. I was told that if the duration holds too long, Setia may charge RM500 for admin fee.

My experience with Setia is still OK.

BTW, I have an bad experience with KSL in one of their properties. refund back half of RM5000 booking, the other half unless you introduce another customer to them. When i checked with some developers, they claim it is a common prastise.

Please consider carefully when doing booking esp when the booking fee is big amount, esp 5000 or 10000. they may not return full even with valid reason . partial 50% refund is already considered very generous to us.
don't believe their words or promise that they will refund in case we want to withdraw. once the deposit is in their pocket, it is hard for us to take back.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

It shall not be a problem to get a refund from Setia. I'm got back mine before but it took about a month. Suggest to you to approach Senior staff eg . manager.

you are considered lucky, only 500 deposit. my brother's very unlucky, RM5000. Sale executive said that it is fully refundable earlier on during deposit, and then 3 days later wanted for a refund. Sale exec said must write in, depend on management, must state good reason to justify, require supporting doc and all nonsense..etc It has been 2 months and no news. I asked him to approach Home buyer Tribunal to sort out the issue.

I don't want to blacklist the developer here. Sorry.

Did this really happen? According to some, it shouldn't at all. Do you remember how long ago was it and for which project? Just a rough idea of location is enough.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the developer in Kempas area but is not Setia. It is a small project and not so sellable.
From what I know, only one Singaporean staying in Ang Mo Kio bought it.