• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

THIS IS SO FUCKING DISAPPOINTING!!! Aljunied GRC + Hougang SMC won ONLY....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just told my parents I'm buying a flat in Hougang / Aljunied GRC... I don't want to stay in Lee Hsien Loong ward anymore...

Workers Partys' supporters have the balls to stand up against oppression... but AMK GRC got too many PAP dogs already.

Bye Bye AMK GRC, Hello Aljunied GRC or Hougang SMC!!! Knn, I think these places HDB pricing will shoot to the sky, due to high demands from people like us... I'll still pay the premium to stay in a Ward, where people have balls...

I'll be happier to serve in Aljunied GRC / Hougang SMC, and volunteer for community work there.

You are welcome to live in Aljunied GRC. I am here!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6 is better then 2 lah. Put it another perspective. That is an increase of 300% of opposition MP in parliament now.

More importantly, with the collapse of GY and team, there is hope that more high calibre chaps will step forward when the next GE arrives. By then, MM won't be around. 2 big obstacles removed.

Yes, 6 is better than 2. With CSM and PS adding to LTK and SL, we can expect the MIW to work harder.

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if an auntie or uncle approach me n tries to sell me tissue papers. I will ask them whom they voted for first.. if they voted for oppo i'll defintely buy from them n giv them xtra $ if need be but if they say they voted for PAP i'll fuck them n ask them to sell to those PAPies voters..... coz they dun deserve any help from me.. they shud get help from their pappies MPs instead.. nuff said..!!

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, it is sad but preditable knowing the swing in votes came from many factors - many people still trust what main stream media reported, LKY threat, upgrading carrots and sill a handful people not receptable to change and most of all - the new citizens who supported PAP. This is the kind of life Singaporeans, sad to speak, have to bear.

The fight is tough and I can console myself to accept the fact that many new opposition members have performed their best and narrowed PAP winning margin. The GRC has proved itself to be lethal weapon again PAP. I hope Tan See Jay, Vincent and the rest can take on NCMP role on behalf of Singaporeans to continue haunting PAP in parliament. 5 years will come very fast. It is a matter of time PAP will break its monopoly. However, the most hateable town are those who let PAP scored beyond 58% margain. This are the people you should beware, they love being screwed and because of them, bros....we need to prepare more KY and bend ourselves for the next miserable 5 years to come.

well, bro i already tried my best to tell my family... vote is secret!!! but .... they still believe if vote for PAP, cannot get housing!!! they also dont like PAP.but, the fear factor caused it!!! and my case... = alot of them in my area.i vote for .... but too bad still lost!!! the hammer already tried their best here and the votes compare with last time, improved alot.still have chances in the next 5 year.well, you can say, PAP is lucky enough that the fear factor for most people still there!!! blame it on who???you know i know...!!!

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, bro i already tried my best to tell my family... vote is secret!!! but .... they still believe if vote for PAP, cannot get housing!!! they also dont like PAP.but, the fear factor caused it!!! and my case... = alot of them in my area.i vote for .... but too bad still lost!!! the hammer already tried their best here and the votes compare with last time, improved alot.still have chances in the next 5 year.well, you can say, PAP is lucky enough that the fear factor for most people still there!!! blame it on who???you know i know...!!!

They must be very lowly educated Sinkies

Can't change a leopard's spots

Let it be

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think that this time around, when CSM speaks, ruling party has to be on their toes. This WP team is full of highly qualified and eloquent people. Not that easy to push around.

However, you can be sure MM is fuming. Reason is that there will now be push back from the party against certain MM views. After all MM is not going to be around for long (given his age) and the rest of the leaders do not want to be kicked out. In 5 years, the number of young and net savvy voters will hit 50%. Furthermore the whole "fear" factor is lost on the young. And this time around PAP dare not use their courts to start suing and jailing politicians. It just leaves a made taste in the mouths of the youths

And since Opposition has been able to bring in talents, what if they manage to bring in GY!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would think that this time around, when CSM speaks, ruling party has to be on their toes. This WP team is full of highly qualified and eloquent people. Not that easy to push around.

However, you can be sure MM is fuming. Reason is that there will now be push back from the party against certain MM views. After all MM is not going to be around for long (given his age) and the rest of the leaders do not want to be kicked out. In 5 years, the number of young and net savvy voters will hit 50%. Furthermore the whole "fear" factor is lost on the young. And this time around PAP dare not use their courts to start suing and jailing politicians. It just leaves a made taste in the mouths of the youths

And since Opposition has been able to bring in talents, what if they manage to bring in GY!

Well that's 5 more long years and i wouldn't get my hopes up high.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry man, I am making my migration to the free and democratic West permanent now.

Sinkies are fucking peasants lah.

Whine, complain, cry mother, cry father about PAP -- but when given the chance to boot PAP out of power, still vote for PAP.

Fucking absurd and tragic man.

The truth is sinkies simply have no balls, spines, morals, integrity in their fucked up DNA.

Fuck lah, this country is done for, lost, no hope liao.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome to live in Aljunied GRC. I am here!

Dear GoldenDragon,

Thank you! Last night, the true heroes of Singapore are people who voted for Workers' Party for Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC...

History in the making, at least 1 GRC finally is brokened into... hope some old tyrant dies first, and let change make its way through, hope PAP have some internal implosion within... LHL & GCT doesn't seem to be in good relationship. Many people dislike assloong, even within the PAP... so it's just only time to see LHL fallen.

I'll be moving to Aljunied GRC as soon as I can afford the first deposit... KNNBCCB!!! and get myself in load of debts...

Most Singaporeans deserved to be assfucked by PAP for the next 5 years...

Those who voted for PAP... remember 7th May 2011... you made it so, don't kow peh kow bu when you see 1.5 Million people coming in to dilute the electorate base... Singaporeans are perpetually assfucked.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont want to a wet blanket, but next GE more slice and dice, more dilution with new citizens to cover the loss of the older folkers vote. Sinkies can sit on their paper gain and pay more from their bank due to price increases. etc.

My take is upper and middle class voted for altenatives. Look at East Coast and the eastern side. Next time I see a sinkie kenna bullied by FTs and still keep quite, I will stand up for them no more, because these are the NATO ones and they deserve it.

Very fucking disappointed with the NATO sinkies, but no use talking about it anymore.

the rest of the 60% Holland-Bt Timah GRC PAP dogs mother fuck! obviously is PAP dogs, preferred to be assfucked by a Miscalculating Minister...

Don't these PAP dogs know how serious is it to shoot over budget to SGD 300 Million??? Don't these fuckers know how many zeros are there?

Vivian is just another chiak leow bi minister... making his millions sucking you dry... and these PAP dogs happily supported this mother fuck.

And I am totally disappointed at the Holland-Bt Timah GRC residents... they cannot see how valueable Tan Jee Say is... this guy can reform singapore's economy... no other ministers can be compared with this guy... even Lao Goh, appointed him to work for him while Lao Goh was PM for 5 years...

Singaporeans are a bunch of lazy fucks that don't want to get their facts right... they say they want to vote for change... in the end they all went chicken... fucking chickens. I'll start to import more KY jelly for Singaporeans to rub in their asshole... and wait for PAP to fuck them for the next 5 years....

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners are not mere excuses, they are the real poison.
Ask why Singaporeans fired their foreign minister and the answer is obvious.

Without PAP, inflation would be worse. How bad is Singapore compared to neighboring countries? Don't always use foreigners as an excuse. Look at how many Singaporeans have benefited since independence, led by PAP.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Night still young. Even if its 6, thats better then then the 2 we currently have.

hi there

1. honest, this is the beginning of sheep decline.
2. well, the other parties should learn from 2011, packaging!
3. there are a handful of hopefuls though losing.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the right time to run road. :(
The results show that Singaporeans deserve the consequences for what they have voted, for the next 5 years.

hotjava

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SDP had a formidable team with very strong professional credentials in Dr Vincent, Tan Jee Say, Dr Ang & Michelle Lee. But they had themselves to blame mostly for their defeat in Holland-Bukit Timah.

Firstly, they chose the wrong constituency to contest in. Holland-Bukit Timah is a stronghold of the upper middle to wealthy class. Most of these residents are generally immune to the nitty-bitty issues of high living costs (GST, COE, ERP, etc). Moreover, many of these residents are also wealthy Chinese emigrants who would not resonate with SDP's continued attack on foreigners. Worst, many Holland-BT's wealthy folks have ministers & MPs as neighbors. Their kids attend the same schools, families go to the same churches, belonged to the same country clubs, etc. It is thus naive to think that such residents would find SDP's speeches appealing.

Secondly, given the demographic profile of Holland-BT, these sophisticated residents would certainly scrutinize Tan Jee Say's grand economic regeneration plan for Singapore carefully. While the plan was well thought out, had good points & substance and even endorsed by Lord Butler, a Cabinet adviser to three British Prime Ministers, it was not properly positioned politically. In fact, it was disastrously presented. For example, it is true that Singapore should move towards services industry as this sector consume less land, etc. However, Tan JS publicly declared that we should not promote manufacturing because it requires a lot of land and labour.... It is political suicide to present it in this way. The slimy PAP instantly distorted his message to say SDP wanted to close down factories which scare off many factory bosses, MNC management. Although he rebutted and clarified it the next day, it was too late. Indeed, his rebuttal created more openings for PAP to attack. For example, he proposed to keep the profitable factories, but helped the unprofitable ones relocate to neighboring countries. He should have said something like: Singapore should do much more to promote the service sector and not mention the word manufacturing at all. If he must do so, then try this: We should not promote manufacturing MORE THAN service sector.. Saying it this way denies the enemy any opening to shoot at you. Not surprisingly, PAP's nefarious propaganda, together with the compliant local media, leap at once to claim that SDP wants to close factories and even moved people to Malaysia.

Thirdly, Chee Soon Juan's negative image sticks due to the local media's biased coverage of him in the past. There are segments of the community who still won't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Goh Chok Tong's dastardly attack on Tan Jee Say also dragged up Chee Soon Juan controversial past via innuendos.

So, wrong choice of constituency, inept political positioning of an otherwise fine economic manifesto and CSJ's still tainted image added to ruin the hopes of a fine group of Opposition candidates, and the hopes of many Singaporeans who dearly wanted to see the hated Vivian Bala booted out. A pity, a pity indeed!

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
yawnz. looks like the start of a duo party system like the USA's demo and repub parties. kinda dull. either way you vote, cost of living goes up, FTs increase, nobody wins except MNCs and the astrocracy(sp?)

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I share your sentiment and I also want to say KNNBCCB to the fucking sabo king who supported the fucking chao cheebye ...

KNNBCCB to the fucking sabo king PAP supporters who have let us down!

ya man !!! really KNNBCCB !!! :eek:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SDP had a formidable team with very strong professional credentials in Dr Vincent, Tan Jee Say, Dr Ang & Michelle Lee. But they had themselves to blame mostly for their defeat in Holland-Bukit Timah.

Firstly, they chose the wrong constituency to contest in. Holland-Bukit Timah is a stronghold of the upper middle to wealthy class. Most of these residents are generally immune to the nitty-bitty issues of high living costs (GST, COE, ERP, etc). Moreover, many of these residents are also wealthy Chinese emigrants who would not resonate with SDP's continued attack on foreigners. Worst, many Holland-BT's wealthy folks have ministers & MPs as neighbors. Their kids attend the same schools, families go to the same churches, belonged to the same country clubs, etc. It is thus naive to think that such residents would find SDP's speeches appealing.

Secondly, given the demographic profile of Holland-BT, these sophisticated residents would certainly scrutinize Tan Jee Say's grand economic regeneration plan for Singapore carefully. While the plan was well thought out, had good points & substance and even endorsed by Lord Butler, a Cabinet adviser to three British Prime Ministers, it was not properly positioned politically. In fact, it was disastrously presented. For example, it is true that Singapore should move towards services industry as this sector consume less land, etc. However, Tan JS publicly declared that we should not promote manufacturing because it requires a lot of land and labour.... It is political suicide to present it in this way. The slimy PAP instantly distorted his message to say SDP wanted to close down factories which scare off many factory bosses, MNC management. Although he rebutted and clarified it the next day, it was too late. Indeed, his rebuttal created more openings for PAP to attack. For example, he proposed to keep the profitable factories, but helped the unprofitable ones relocate to neighboring countries. He should have said something like: Singapore should do much more to promote the service sector and not mention the word manufacturing at all. If he must do so, then try this: We should not promote manufacturing MORE THAN service sector.. Saying it this way denies the enemy any opening to shoot at you. Not surprisingly, PAP's nefarious propaganda, together with the compliant local media, leap at once to claim that SDP wants to close factories and even moved people to Malaysia.

Thirdly, Chee Soon Juan's negative image sticks due to the local media's biased coverage of him in the past. There are segments of the community who still won't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Goh Chok Tong's dastardly attack on Tan Jee Say also dragged up Chee Soon Juan controversial past via innuendos.

So, wrong choice of constituency, inept political positioning of an otherwise fine economic manifesto and CSJ's still tainted image added to ruin the hopes of a fine group of Opposition candidates, and the hopes of many Singaporeans who dearly wanted to see the hated Vivian Bala booted out. A pity, a pity indeed!

Totally agree with you on those points. The strongest team in SDP but chose to whack Bala thinking that the YOG will still be fresh in the minds of the citizens. The demographics of this GRC is such that it is one of the strongholds of the PAP. Private property prices there has gone up steeply in recent years.

The opposition camps were at odds with each other, some wanting to contest in the same wards. Rather than focusing on a few specific wards to contest they were spreading themselves too thin. I foresee WP making inroads and attracting more talents into their midst and grow from strength to strength. CSJ's past will haunt him and be a liability to a few segments of society especially the well-off and highly educated masses and generation Y, although he might appeal to the general public, the damage to his standing as a creditable opposition leader was due to his past antics and approach into politics which did not go down well before.

All said, the oppositions have to consolidate and prepare themselves for the coming GE in 2016.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the cooling day should be set to AFTER Elections... as there are so many emotions involved...

Now we have to seriously get together, and supply good information to our Opposition Party... although I am not in their ward currently, you can count on me that I will like to support our Opposition Party... and supply them with ground information.

I really propose that we get a liason officer from Workers Party to participate in www.sammyboy.com as I find that there are so many raw information, very real, (of course some useless informations), in order to get the voices of the Singaporean people directly.

in this way, alot of feedback can be shared to them. I wish our Opposition Party the best!

My salute to Low Thia Khiang, Sylvia Lim, Muhd Faisal Abdul Manap, Chen Show Mao, and Pritam Singh [Aljunied GRC MPs]! & my salute to Yaw Shin Leong (Hougang SMC MP)

The above 6 MPs represent the true voices of Singaporeans, and I will like to invite them to www.sammyboy.com to gather views from the ground itself. This is the Internet Age... this is where the voices of the people can be heard.

Hope that anyone who represent WP could relay the message to them.

WORKERS PARTY!!! HOORAH!!! you are our hope!!! make us proud!!!