• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Playmobil is no more? I would have thought they would weather the years like the ageless Lego, Matchbox and the likes of Barbie etc....my favourite figures were those that you can accessorize the most......cowboy with the hat, sherrif vest and gun belt.....

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, still surprised thread up. many thanks for all your contribution and support

100-things-in-80s-part-2-blue-singapore-passport.jpg

100-things-in-80s-part-2-sbc-magazine-and-rtv-times.jpg

100-things-in-80s-part-2-breast-milk.jpg

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: some pics

genimage.jpg

images.jpg

queenstownlibrary1.jpg

Queenstown:biggrin:

Queenstown Community Library, opened in 30 April 1970, was the first community library built in Singapore outside the National Library. Serving a maturing Queenstown estate, this library bring books and learning closer to the Queenstown residents. Today, Queenstown Community Library remains a popular hangout location among residents and ex-residents alike. Former residents and other Singaporeans are also staunch supporters of the library because of its lushed surroundings and quiet interiors. Together with Blk 38 Wet Market, Queenstown Community Library will remain as the centrepiece for remembrance and reminiscence as Queenstown undergoes a major facelift in the coming decade.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Watched Foodage Just now

Any old timer remember the $25 crab meat fried rice at Bt Pasoh Rd? The 2 old sisters were the proprietors of this outlet. It was so famous that it was very popular despite being so expensive. I cannot recall when I had those crab fried rice and it could be 25 years ago. At $25 during those days, today it could be about $100 per plate.:eek: Yet we had to wait like an hour for our meal as the 2 old ladies were very slow and there was always a long queue. If you complain, they tell you direct to your face to go elsewhere if you cannot wait.:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Any old timer remember the $25 crab meat fried rice at Bt Pasoh Rd? The 2 old sisters were the proprietors of this outlet. It was so famous that it was very popular despite being so expensive. I cannot recall when I had those crab fried rice and it could be 25 years ago. At $25 during those days, today it could be about $100 per plate.:eek: Yet we had to wait like an hour for our meal as the 2 old ladies were very slow and there was always a long queue. If you complain, they tell you direct to your face to go elsewhere if you cannot wait.:biggrin:

Now is chen fu ji......the 2 old sisters stayed on for awhile after takeover then retired.....probably rip now

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks. Any idea on price and quality?

Price still 25 bucks though smaller portion (to be expected).....quality dropped liao (also expected)...... last visit around 2 years ago......now they got alot other dishes.....and branches..the one in eskines road still around if not wrong

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Price still 25 bucks though smaller portion (to be expected).....quality dropped liao (also expected)...... last visit around 2 years ago......now they got alot other dishes.....and branches..the one in eskines road still around if not wrong

Then it may not be worth the effort as I am sure they won't cook it with fresh crab meat but with frozen ones unlike the old ladies. Thanks for the info bro.:smile: