• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Watched Foodage Just now

aiyah..that guy who wrote that blog fail malay language i guess... :biggrin:

Haha bro. No, it is the local Malay term. Remis is shorter term but siput remis is correct. Just google and you can find lots of other websites that also say the name is siput remis.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bo boh cha cha at Bukit Timah 7 milestone 0.10cts per bowl,
Fish ball noddle 0.30cts damn nice taste! Ice kachang inside the
Tiong Hua market 0.10cts damn nice! Rojak outside Tiong Hua cinema
0.50cts the best! Today all gone!!!

Rex cinema roadside lane, chendol 0.05cts 3/4 cup 0.10cts full cup!
Mee siam, mee goreng, Indian rojak one of the best place to dine!

Roxy cinema now Shaw Tower best satay around, and Tay Koh Yah bus
terminal!! Now all these are gone!!

South Canal road side lane, second stall fish soup 0.50cts Batang Fish,
Promfret 0.70cts (Police wearing Khaki shorts)
Today this fella operate at Telok Ayer now he charge $7.00
for batang and $10.00 for promfret! $15.00 for fish raw (egg)!!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Only the tried and thrusted vets know best:p:wink:

during my school days, i had a classmate who was 19 years old and i was 17 during our O Levels. So one fine day we went to deskar and lo and behold it was $40 one shot. He had $20 with him while i had $30 and one farecard so i lent him $20 to complete. The aunties and indians were 20-30 i think? Thais were $40.

When he came out i asked him how was it since he lost his virginity to a thai hooker, he didn't cum (after banging and using her hands) because he was too nervous. lol true story!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

during my school days, i had a classmate who was 19 years old and i was 17 during our O Levels. So one fine day we went to deskar and lo and behold it was $40 one shot. He had $20 with him while i had $30 and one farecard so i lent him $20 to complete. The aunties and indians were 20-30 i think? Thais were $40.

When he came out i asked him how was it since he lost his virginity to a thai hooker, he didn't cum (after banging and using her hands) because he was too nervous. lol true story!
if ur friend born decades earlier then will be free.....got angpow to take even......

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal

electric-dreams-movie-advert.jpg such a vintage ticket

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pirated CDs were everywhere then.....even makeshift stalls in the heartlands

These makeshift stalls that you mentioned were common scenes in Singapore in the 60's.

We had cooked food carts. Men sitting on the road-side selling sizzling satay on braziers made from "Shell engine-oil tins cut in half".

Sadly this scene is no more. What we get today is nothing but "staged" pasar-malams.

However these scene are still a common sight in all the Provinces of Indonesia. The people are allowed to sell in this manner WITHOUT the government demanding any sort of payment. A means to allow the poor to "chari-makan".

If only the Indon government in Jakarta or the Provincial governments can follow what Singapore did, Indonesia wiill become a very prosperous Nation, albeit at a costly price for the people will go on rampages on the streets. I have spoken to many such vendors and they told me that all they do is to set up a temporary stall first and slowly make it into a permanent warong (stall). The authorities would normally keep their eyes close.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Missed those time when china mei mei sell illegal cd office to office..:biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder anyone posted leow. If have my apology.

I missed those days when it rains heavily, the water will flood literally into our kampong home. And i actually saw longkang fishes in my room.:biggrin::(

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I missed those days when it rains heavily, the water will flood literally into our kampong home. And i actually saw longkang fishes in my room.:biggrin::(

me remember walking along Langsat road area in the past, saw floating shit, floating centipedes, floating cockroaches, floating debris... nabei, never see floating money...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me remember walking along Langsat road area in the past, saw floating shit, floating centipedes, floating cockroaches, floating debris... nabei, never see floating money...

When I was a little boy, I always seemed to discover coins stuck in some crevices by the side of the road. Seem to be missing these nowadays. Or maybe I don't put my head down anymore.

Last edited: