• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, wouldn't that be malt candy? 麦芽糖?
But dun recall it came with cuttlefish....

Yes the jiew-he is option damn shiok only have it with jiew-he once a while as often just enough money for the 麦芽糖 extra 5c also don't have.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nokia Sux !

Non smartphones like these are favoured by the criminal types.
De riguer for ah longs and OKT types.
Apparently harder to pinpoint location and easy to change sim cards.

The front part looked so 'plasticky'. Still got ppl use this ? Actually the OS type or smart phones turn on rather slowly like my PC (too many stuff for loading). This kind consumes less energy and has faster charging time. But, where to get new batt for all these old models ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fanta Singapore Facebook

Still available in Thailand

attachment.php

I thought Fanta made a comeback, rite ?

Ok, for those who are a fan of Fanta, you can visit the Fanta Singapore Facebook here.

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about zero point, one-leg, picture cards, tua bay long, hide & seek etc ?

Running into streets trying to catch a "layang hanyut" or "gone kite" and armed with a bamboo pole.

Hiding from Polis Di-Raja Malaysia in the early 60's during "kai-giam" or curfew hours when they terrorised the Chinese kampongs.

Playing kuti-kuti and "ang-kong-chua"

Sucking on ice-balls with "attap-chee" in the middle.

Buying candy from the "teng teng" man.

Exhanging old exercise books for a packet of "kacang-puteh"

Reading Beano, Dandy, Classics and Gold Key comics.

Seeing log-laden lorries struggling towards saw-mills.

Sitting in kampong jambans not knowing that the night-soil carrier is about to pull the bucket below.

Playing tikam-tikam which offered packets of cigarettes to winner and coconut sweets to losers.

Finding 5-cents within coconut sweets.

Many more. No space. let others remember those good ol days.

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I miss the times when we have tui-nah shops all over the HDB estates in Singapore. Some of the PDMMs masseurs quite delicious.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
those were the times... miss my retro music and the good old times

Nostalgia starts here...

1) A&W...Ponderosa...Randy's

2) the cigarette prices and the ability to smoke in a pub/discos

3) the old geylang pricing...S$ 40

4) 7-Eleven Softee Float

5) bubble gum...maybe

6) Masters of the Sea / Asia Bagus

7) no ERP

8) Malaysia Cup days

9) .......continue :smile:

JWNY

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha ha ha!

I did not go to P Impian.

Cannot remember the name now of another big Pulau south of B Mati but got big kampong there that I used to go to from bum boat.

are you talking about pualu brani??? that is right beside sentosa but north of it.

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;xB1qJRxGG8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1qJRxGG8g&feature=relmfu[/video]

I still missed those days when pongtan go catch spider @ Mount Vernon. Will put them inside match boxes and named them 1st, 2nd, 3rd king.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nostalgia starts here...

1) A&W...Ponderosa...Randy's

2) the cigarette prices and the ability to smoke in a pub/discos

3) the old geylang pricing...S$ 40

4) 7-Eleven Softee Float

5) bubble gum...maybe

6) Masters of the Sea / Asia Bagus

7) no ERP

8) Malaysia Cup days

9) .......continue :smile:

JWNY

10) the Old stamford MPH

11) The char kway teow stall at the coffeeshop behind therow of shophouses at the back of the old stamford MPH

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only I could bring my 2 boys back to my childhood days in the late '60s and early '70s, then they will actually know what real fun and happiness is all about.

JiaSAInSI

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only I could bring my 2 boys back to my childhood days in the late '60s and early '70s, then they will actually know what real fun and happiness is all about.
Bro things are not same like what we have, everything is so basic but fun. Tikam Tikam I still remember, kena one time a dollar happy like fuck. Children now all computers, no more life already.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10) the Old stamford MPH

11) The char kway teow stall at the coffeeshop behind therow of shophouses at the back of the old stamford MPH

Was there a Char Kway Teow SHop behind MPH Stamford?? the char kway teow stall is at the coffee shop at the other end of MPH along Armenian street. What is behind MPH at Eu Court, was stalls selling Malay food.!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha haa, were you around when they still used this _
199-182.JPG

YES! from this charcoal fired iron to the Morphy Richards iron, where you drop the iron or even using it for something, you can bring to the neighbourhood electrical shop & change the parts, especially the bottom. From then came the Phillips irons, than the steam iron & whatever irons out there now.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was there a Char Kway Teow SHop behind MPH Stamford?? the char kway teow stall is at the coffee shop at the other end of MPH along Armenian street. What is behind MPH at Eu Court, was stalls selling Malay food.!

Yes, ckt stall in kpt along Armenian Street. Hay piah ngo hiang stall in same kpt. US Embassy used to be just opposite. I think the old Tao Nan School there too. Haven't been there for years.