• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng missed those kampong days when u could simply walk into people's house n eat their food n sleep on their beds without being chased out. :biggrin:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Untitled-2.jpg

lianbeng missed my favourite Green-spot.:biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some of the 90s TV shows...
MediaCockSingapore

• 3rd Rock From The Sun
  • Ally McBeal
  • Babylon 5
  • Beastmaster
  • Beverly Hills 90210
  • Chicago Hope
  • Dharma & Greg
  • ER
  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • Felicity
  • Friends
  • Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
  • JAG
  • Law And Order
  • Mad About You
  • Melrose Place
  • The Practice
  • Sabrina, The Teenage Witch
  • Seinfeld
  • That 70s Show
  • Frasier
  • NYPD Blue
  • Judging Amy
  • Baywatch Nights
  • Mr. Bean
  • Futurama
  • Benny Hill Show

Don't forget "Hogan's Heroes" ; "Garrison's Gorillas" ; "Get Smart" ; "The Man from U.N.C.L.E "; "Mannix" & "The Three Stooges"....:biggrin:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng missed those kampong days when u could simply walk into people's house n eat their food n sleep on their beds without being chased out. :biggrin:

Got such thing meh.. You sound like little red riding hood.

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nostalgia starts here...

1) A&W...Ponderosa...Randy's

2) the cigarette prices and the ability to smoke in a pub/discos

3) the old geylang pricing...S$ 40

4) 7-Eleven Softee Float

5) bubble gum...maybe

6) Masters of the Sea / Asia Bagus

7) no ERP

8) Malaysia Cup days

9) .......continue :smile:

JWNY

To consider all these as things of the past then you must be very young.
Good for you. Stay young.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Missed the street candies sold by mobile vendors

ting ting candy
malt candy
kacang puteh (mobile and in cinemas)
steam peanuts (nowsadays one no fight)
mua chee (again nowsadays is taiwan version)
sng bao (sold by your neighbours)

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was a kid, i remember that when order Hor Fan, can bring along an egg and give it to the stall owner and he / she will add the egg to the horfan.

Now many foods no longer available, last time kway chye got lots of stuff that now dont have. Example, pig tougue, "pig face meat" (dunno the correct term).

during exam period got pig brain soup to eat.(idea was to eat pig brain to be more brainy) Now ask mum, she said now difficult to get, must give advance booking to the meat seller then can get.:(

Also previously chocolate consider a luxury. will only buy during CNY. A tin of Van Houtan Chocolate was a must have at CNY.

Ang Pow only contain $1.20.

fire crackers was not ban.

The whole kampong celebrate the festival together, unlike the "ghost town" of nowadays HDB estate.

during my childhood days, ang pow was 20 cents

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kacang puteh (mobile and in cinemas)
Which reminds me, can "ulor" Cathay cinema ushers after 1st 20mins, when coast is clear after trailers with 50cents - $1 (can't remember). But no circle seats hor.. At least can afford the kachang puteh (wraped in newspaper cone) from ah neh.:p