• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

jw5

Loyal
Re: Things Have Changed

Today's, Universal Studios far too expensive for locals lah........ If my grand-son asked me to bring him there, I will pretend NOT to HEAR.

Bo pian liow. Seebay Kohliantye.............

Can ask Tin Tin to bring both of you when she brings her parents albeit her busy schedule.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice Meh

I kind of miss the pre-RWS, pre-Universal Studios Sentosa, back when the monorail and ferry terminal are still in operation:

1) After the mid-late 1990s, with all those lame attractions e.g. Fantasy Island, Volcanoland.

2) Before the mid-late 1990s, without the golf courses, island entrance fees and that big merlion statue.

I dono lah. But, got people say SENTOSA means So Expensive Nothing TO See Actually.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

Missed the days when the island was less ridden with infestation :oIo:

Ah nehs are invading Sentosa every week. The ang moh babes in bikinis take flight. We, Sinkies don't bother the ang moh girls and women. But, ah nehs got problem. They must stand and stare like a free circus show.

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal

50499_164304883911_4688379_n.jpg

we have punggol son and also the original singapore son

Costanza

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah nehs are invading Sentosa every week. The ang moh babes in bikinis take flight. We, Sinkies don't bother the ang moh girls and women. But, ah nehs got problem. They must stand and stare like a free circus show.

these ah nehs will stare at anybody n rub their crotches :oIo:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The special home-made ice cream and his tikam tikam.:biggrin:

ice%2Bcream3.jpg
If i am not wrong, each time after you buy an iCe-cream; you are aLLowed a free spin on the eight part diagram of animaLs or numbers.ShouLd you hit, you get another ice-cream on the house..:smile:
Chinese are aLways such a bunch of gambLers; where any type of bets' go..:biggrin:

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone still remembered those days when you are hungry at home. There was no place to go makan but only eat bread, buscuit and Milo hot drink. So it is a godsend when a mobile hawker selling curry pok or soon kueh walk past your door step.

My downstair neighbour make curry pok and soon kueh for a living. I was a mobile food peddler for them. Everyday after school, we will get the cane basket loaded up with curry poks or soon kuehs and go around every household nearby to sell. Every piece sell for 20-30 cents and get to earn 5 cents to 7 cents. The food usually finished very fast after a few blocks. We can go back to top-up and sell again if we have the time. Can you imagine each day get to earn $5- $10 is a very big deal for a school boy like me.

So If you are staying around Tiong Bahru, Bukit Ho Swee area. Ever patronised such mobile food peddler boy shouting "Bui Shui A Curry Pok" during the '70. Most likely you have met me.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

I live in that area and maybe I have met you before. I still remember my neighbor selling delicious soup noodles at the staircase, the 2 kids peddling fish balls and an old uncle selling ice cream in a small tin container. There was this man on bicycle selling "Wua Kuei" for just $0.10 a piece and the indian kachang puteh man carrying the box of containers on his head

Nowadays, we are so conscious about hygiene that I don't even dare to eat the curry puff sold at the roadside

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If i am not wrong, each time after you buy an iCe-cream; you are aLLowed a free spin on the eight part diagram of animaLs or numbers.ShouLd you hit, you get another ice-cream on the house..:smile:
Chinese are aLways such a bunch of gambLers; where any type of bets' go..:biggrin:

Yes and also cash if you strike the big one.:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is a wua kuei? is it like chwee kuay? was it rice, yam or tapioca?

The full name is Wah Ko Kuey.....last time people like to curse 'simi wah ko'....derived from this dish..
It's a bigger version of chwee kuey with more ingredients like chai poh, mushrooms, dried shrimps, lap cheong....even salted egg yolk....now extinct.

Last edited: