• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The World Cup So Far

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Capello is a good coach for England, the problem is the mentality of the English players, they too self centred (look at Lampard and Gerrard). Avoiding injuries is not in English book, avoiding getting yellow card, that might be possible :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If he's as good as you think or got some Enzo Bearzot tricks up his sleeves, you better train up your swimming as Singapore River awaits. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he's as good as you think or got some Enzo Bearzot tricks up his sleeves, you better train up your swimming as Singapore River awaits. :biggrin:
England WILL progress lah, but WILL not be World Cup Champion :smile:, meet Germany or Spain, gone case.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
England WILL progress lah, but WILL not be World Cup Champion :smile:, meet Germany or Spain, gone case.

England can meet Germany and/or Argentina, but not Spain until the Final. However, Germany and Argentina (and Portugal) both have a tradition of knocking out England before the Final ever since 1966. Perhaps it's a curse. These are the exact three countries that England beat to win in 1966. If England breaks the curse, we'll be having a riverside jamboree with Alamaking!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
England can meet Germany and/or Argentina, but not Spain until the Final. However, Germany and Argentina (and Portugal) both have a tradition of knocking out England before the Final ever since 1966. Perhaps it's a curse. These are the exact three countries that England beat to win in 1966.
I dun mind England meeting the Dutch leh, hahahaha :biggrin::biggrin:, anyway, though i support Man U and enjoys BPL, i will never support England in World Cup, bleah :p:p:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun mind England meeting the Dutch leh, hahahaha :biggrin::biggrin:, anyway, though i support Man U and enjoys BPL, i will never support England in World Cup, bleah :p:p:p

Actually, I don't believe England can win the World Cup ever again. But I'm supporting England because of the Alamaking Singapore River Jumporee. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
No lah, never saw Ghana vs Serbia, Slovenia vs Algeria and Japan vs Cameroon (now showing) :p:p
You're lucky.
These matches are really boring.
Serbia and Algeria are really silly, these 2 teams were the ones they had a chance to beat and get 3 points.
Instead they spent most of the game being cagey and ended up being sucker punched.

jw5

Loyal
Another 2 boring matches after Germany's fine performance against Australia.
Holland showed the occasional spark especially from Elia when he came on.
Japan took the lead before half time, and by the 60+ minute, they were making substitutions whereby the player slowly walked off to waste time.
Very disappointing from both Japan and Cameroon.
The African teams in general have been very disappointing, they seem to have lost their flair and daring, and replaced these with caution and tactics.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can feel the tiredness since World Cup started, really cannot see all the matches liao, lol

Italy vs Paraguay match, I thought the pace are faster than the last 2. Hmmm... Italy are goners, so many stray passes, not enough patience. France and Italy can count themselves lucky if they can reach the quarter finals...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seeded Teams analysis:

Group A - France
The crown cockerel was beheaded by the mighty Aztecs last night, the chances of them going to the 2nd round is bleak. Dead and buried i would say.

Group B - Argentina
The only seeded team to win 2 matches so far, not convincing in their 1st match but managed to score big in their second match against Korea. Will top the group and will meet Uruguay in 2nd round

Group C - England
Despite a dull draw in the 1st match, they still can top the table if they can win their remaining 2 matches (Let Joe Cole play, Capello!!!). Slovenia is the leader pretender so far. England will top the group with USA in 2nd.

Group D - Germany
Impressive in the 1st game but horrible against Serbia, its everybody's game, it depend on how many goal they can score against Australia, who will crash out of WC without a win

Group E - Holland
Holland will top the group with 3 wins (Yes, i'm bias :biggrin::biggrin:)

Group F - Italy
50-50 chances of advancing to 2nd round, with their old guards, not sure how long they can last. Buffon not playing, their match against Slovakia is a do-or-die match. 2nd place at most, Paraguay can score more goals.

Group G - Brazil
Anyone who say Brazil wont top the group must be nuts :p:p, i reckon Ivory Coast will advance will Brazil

Group H - Spain
Lost in the 1st match, but still can top the group provided Switzerland lost one of their remaining matches. Torres is better than Villa, they wont get beaten in the group stage again. If they in 2nd place, we will see Spain vs Brazil in the 2nd round.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Nice summary bro alamaking.
France is appalling, hopeless coach, no teamwork. Hope we will see the last of them.
Uruguay and Mexico are quite exciting teams.
Argentina is fantastic going forward, but they are weak in defence and will ne exposed by good teams.
The Slovenia v USA match was probably the most exciting so far. Both teams went for the win, USA did well to fight back, Slovenia did well to get a draw against a team supposedly better than them.
Germany's group is getting interesting.
The matches are getting better as the teams are getting less cagey.
Btw, I add you points. :smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice summary bro alamaking.
France is appalling, hopeless coach, no teamwork. Hope we will see the last of them.
Uruguay and Mexico are quite exciting teams.
Argentina is fantastic going forward, but they are weak in defence and will ne exposed by good teams.
The Slovenia v USA match was probably the most exciting so far. Both teams went for the win, USA did well to fight back, Slovenia did well to get a draw against a team supposedly better than them.
Germany's group is getting interesting.
The matches are getting better as the teams are getting less cagey.
Btw, I add you points. :smile:
Thank you bro jw5 :smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seeded Teams analysis:

Group A - France
The crown cockerel was beheaded by the mighty Aztecs last night, the chances of them going to the 2nd round is bleak. Dead and buried i would say.

Group B - Argentina
The only seeded team to win 2 matches so far, not convincing in their 1st match but managed to score big in their second match against Korea. Will top the group and will meet Uruguay in 2nd round

Group C - England
Despite a dull draw in the 1st match, they still can top the table if they can win their remaining 2 matches (Let Joe Cole play, Capello!!!). Slovenia is the leader pretender so far. England will top the group with USA in 2nd.

Group D - Germany
Impressive in the 1st game but horrible against Serbia, its everybody's game, it depend on how many goal they can score against Australia, who will crash out of WC without a win

Group E - Holland
Holland will top the group with 3 wins (Yes, i'm bias :biggrin::biggrin:)

Group F - Italy
50-50 chances of advancing to 2nd round, with their old guards, not sure how long they can last. Buffon not playing, their match against Slovakia is a do-or-die match. 2nd place at most, Paraguay can score more goals.

Group G - Brazil
Anyone who say Brazil wont top the group must be nuts :p:p, i reckon Ivory Coast will advance will Brazil

Group H - Spain
Lost in the 1st match, but still can top the group provided Switzerland lost one of their remaining matches. Torres is better than Villa, they wont get beaten in the group stage again. If they in 2nd place, we will see Spain vs Brazil in the 2nd round.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Short and detail. You can be commentator anytime better than all Mediacock have.:smile:
Want to up you paiseh cannot already up you.:biggrin: