• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

"To summarise, I am not opposing the extension of the Act for another five years, as I do not think the current climate is the right time to abolish it in the interests of public safety. However, I am grappling with the rationale and justification for detaining the suspects of soccer match fixing under CL instead of working towards trying them in court. Some clarity on this is necessary for us to know where this is going. I am aware that the review process for the four detainees is still ongoing, so if Minister cannot say too much now, he should reveal more after the review. I also urge the government to look at how it can make the process for review of detention more rigorous." - MP Sylvia Lim

Speech on Criminal Law Temporary Provisions Act – MP Sylvia Lim
wp.sg
by Sylvia Lim, MP for Aljunied GRC and Chairman of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council [Delivered in Parliament on 11 Nov 2013] The

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty"]The Workers' Party

[/URL]"The current situation of having the Public Trustee as the gatekeeper of compensation adequacy has always added a layer of comfort and protection for such accident victims. From the lawyers’ standpoint, too, there is one advantage: retaining the Public Trustee’s approval on settlement sums protects lawyers from unjustified complaints that the claimants were shortchanged. With the amendments in this Bill, are we not compromising on these aspects?" - MP Sylvia Lim

Motor Vehicles (Third Party Risks and Compensation) (Amendment) Bill – MP Sylvia Lim
wp.sg
by Sylvia Lim, MP for Aljunied GRC and Chairman of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council [Delivered in Parliament on 11 Nov 2013] I have

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[/URL]"Madam, I rise to seek clarification on the use of the CLTPA with respect to the recent arrests of four local match-fixers and their detention under the Act. It is difficult to see how match fixing gels with the objective of the Act, namely to address crimes that are a threat to public safety, peace and good order.
My concern with extending the Act to match-fixing is that it provides a too convenient means by which to get around the usual legal processes in trying accused persons. Can we not look to improve our legal framework to address such crimes in open court as opposed to doing it through the Act?
I would also like to ask the Minister if our transnational agreements and exchanges are sufficiently robust and deep enough to specifically address match-fixing such that we can prosecute offenders in open court." - MP Pritam Singh

Speech on Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act – MP Pritam Singh
wp.sg
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Pritam Singh [Delivered in Parliament on 11 Nov 2013] Madam, I rise to seek clarification on the use of the CLTPA with respect to th

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[/URL]"Sir, measures to control the usage of roads in Singapore have seen many changes since 1989. In fact, today, the common man does not think of the petrol tax as an inhibitor before buying a car. Instead, it is the two abbreviations – COE and ERP that are seen to be the primary instruments curbing road usage. These have little, if any, correlation to the rules that determine the entry of Singapore cars into Johor. At the recent 6 Nov exercise, the price of an open category COE was $89,001 and since August this year, Singaporeans have had to pay $6 at three ERP gantries, a number which has since jumped to seven after the levy was raised to $6 at four more gantries this month.
Sir, like the ¾ tank rule today, the new section 6B of this Bill, must be seen through the lenses of 2013, not 1989. Many things have changed since then." - MP Pritam Singh

Speech on Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill – MP Pritam Singh
wp.sg
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Pritam Singh [Delivered in Parliament on 11 Nov 2013] Mr Deputy Speaker, my speech on the subject of this amendment Bill covers the

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to thank MP Chen Show Mao for attending my Aunty's funeral wake, quietly he appears, no airs and demonstrated his sincerely. Unlike the PAP entourage, arrogant and demanded attention!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]
"With the inclusion of the 2 weeks shared parental leave between parents to the existing pool of leave which include maternity, paternity and/ or adoption leave, the Employment Act and Child Development Co-Savings Act will be providing new formula to compute these leaves. I would like to find out whether the new shared parental leave includes fathers of adopted children.
Can the ministry consider legislating employers to allow fathers to take the leave flexibly by days instead of by weeks?" - MP Lee Li Lian

Employment, Parental Leave and Other Measures Bill – MP Lee Li Lian
wp.sg
By MP for Punggol East SMC, Lee Li Lian [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Nov 2013] Madam Speaker, my speech will focus on the amendments made to Parental Leav

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]
"First, how is the value of these deductible expenses determined? Has MOM conducted any inspections to determine if the prices charged by any employers are excessive?

Second, is the value of the accommodation based on the actual cost or the market value? If it is based on market value, these employers could potentially profit from providing accommodation to their workers, since private market rentals are very high...

Third, what can “amenities” and “other services” include? Unscrupulous employers could potentially throw in anything as a service or amenity, in order to deduct their workers’ salaries and reduce costs...

Would the Ministry consider prohibiting salary deductions for workers who earn below a subsistence threshold?

And fourth, I note that the protections under Section 30 are all still subject to mutual agreement between the worker and his employer. While one could argue that the worker is free not to sign the contract, in reality, most low wage workers are not in a strong bargaining position to refuse..." - NCMP Gerald Giam

Speech on Employment, Parental Leave and Other Measures Bill – NCMP Gerald Giam
wp.sg
By Non-Constituency MP Gerald Giam [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Nov 2013] Madam Speaker, I will focus on the amendments to the

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[/URL]"Madam, healthcare is an issue that is close to the heart of every Singaporean. While we are all at risk of falling ill, unaffordable medical costs are not inevitable. The Government must reform the way that healthcare is financed in Singapore, so as to ease the healthcare burden on all Singaporeans. This will give all our people peace of mind, knowing that they will be able to afford all necessary treatment if they fall ill." - NCMP Gerald Giam

Easing the cost of healthcare for Singaporeans – NCMP Gerald Giam
wp.sg
By Non-Constituency MP Gerald Giam [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Nov 2013] Madam Speaker, Thank you for the opportunity to speak on this adjournment mot

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[/URL]"We spend a lifetime building our CPF retirement fund. We certainly do not want to spend the remaining years of our life quibbling with the Government of the day on how to spend the rest of our hard-earned money after setting aside the Minimum Sum at age 55. Allowing the Board such broad power to impose conditions and restrictions on the withdrawal frequency of a member’s CPF account beyond what is legislated for retirement and medical use just doesn’t sound right." - MP Png Eng Huat

Speech on CPF (Amendment) Bill – MP Png Eng Huat
wp.sg
By MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Nov 2013] I have 3 issues to raise on the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Amendment Bill. &

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Daniel PS Goh

MGR and the children of Hougang having a ball of their time at Deepam Nite:smile:

1426280_615239218538825_1132894647_n.jpg

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Gerald Giam

<h5 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quot;}">Lighting the kuthu vilakku at Hougang Deepam Night
1450866_698287890189640_778245018_n.jpg

</h5>

[/h]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=484259861639452" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=484259861639452">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsiaSingapore">Channel NewsAsia Singapore</a>.</div></div>

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Passed the walking canes for the blind in Bhutan to my team member, Pema. The canes were donated by Wee Sin, a Singaporean who has been blind since birth. Wee Sin had also donated talking watches to the blind in Bhutan during my last trip here.

1441518_588766314524480_2006557401_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Wee Thank you Workers' Party, thank you MP CSM, thank you WPs' volunteers and thank 200 plus residents who made this trip. We had an awesome trip and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Mr Chen was very friendly and down

to earth, this made us feel good and mingled freely like a very big family, who cared and shared throughout the entire journey. The photographs presented tells all, the Melaka trip brought us to many interesting historic places, which

particularly bring back the good old KAMPONG DAYS, when we visited the Malay Village.Back home we and the future generation will surely miss this Heritage, affectionately known as the KAMPONG SPIRITS! Perhaps, what is left now is the

HOUGANG SPIRIT! The Hotel we stayed was as good as New, understand it was only few months old. Trip organiser WP, never allow us to go hungry. Throughout the 2 days 1 night stay, breakfast, lunch and dinner were provided at good

restaurants...we had our fills and did not wince a complaint! All I can say, for only $162 per pax X 2 (wife n myself)the trip was value for every cent and thank you WORKERS' PARTY AND ALL, who make it our most MEMORABLE DAY!

1459835_492386240868351_2023668562_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a very enriching dinner with British MPs Ian Liddell-Grainger (LAB), Stephen Pollock (CON) and Peter Wishart (SNP). Got to quiz them on a range of issues from the Syria vote to Scottish independence to MPs in rock bands.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Media Release

TOWN COUNCIL MANAGEMENT REVIEW PUBLISHED 21 NOV 2013

The Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) notes that MND has rated our town council comparably with the other town councils in the areas of Estate Cleanliness, Estate Maintenance and Lift Performance in the latest Town Council Management Report (TCMR). We also note that AHPETC is banded red for S&CC Arrears Management and has a ‘pending’ remark for Corporate Governance.

In the area of S&CC Arrears Management, we are closely monitoring the situation and have initiated several steps to recover the outstanding arrears since 2012. We have stepped up enforcement measures including court prosecution where other measures have failed. We are processing the arrears cases in batches. While some residents can settle their arrears within a short period of time, others may need more time to do so and we have assisted them with instalment plans. Improving the arrears situation is an ongoing process and will take time to effect.

In the area of Corporate Governance, our banding is listed as ‘pending’ mainly because our auditors are still in the midst of finalising our FY12 financial statements. We understand that the issues being addressed include complexities resulting from the handover legacy, classification and treatment issues, year-end adjustments, and others. We appointed the auditors in early May 2013 and we hope the audit will be completed soon.

Going forward, AHPETC will continue to work hard to provide a pleasant living environment for our residents.

SYLVIA LIM
CHAIRMAN
ALJUNIED-HOUGANG-PUNGGOL EAST TOWN COUNCIL
21 November 2013

http://www.ahpetc.sg/media-release-21-nov-2013/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Met Tashi Namgay yesterday to pass him a gift from another Singaporean for his foundation. At 20, both his kidneys failed. He was fortunate that a stranger donated one kidney to him and he had the transplant at 21. Now 27, he founded the Bhutan Kidney Foundation last year to promote early detection of kidney disease across the country, and to help coordinate the government's dialysis programme.