• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to the elected MPs for contributing S$1,000 per month from their MP allowance towards the fund.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'These volunteers are the engine behind what keeps the Workers’ Party going when the going gets tough on the ground. They are the volunteers who do not get to go to National Day receptions at the Istana which are for official grassroots members recognized by the government. They will never get any awards by the government. No PBM, no BBM. They will not get any priority for registering their children into their preferred primary school. They will not get parking privileges. Yet they work on tirelessly.' - Yee Jenn Jong

<article id="post-1109" class="post-1109 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-general category-politics"> <header class="entry-header"> Jan 8 2013

A magical journey

</header>

[COLOR=#]4 Votes[/COLOR]​

Snow Storm in Jubilee Hall

At the recently concluded WP Bricks In Blue variety show, I had thanked the audience for their wonderful support. I shared that I had personally experienced the magic of the support of everyone during my two years in politics. It is the magic of their support that has carried the Party so far, and it is this magic that makes dreams come alive. Whether the help is small or big, when many come together to help, we can make dreams come true. With that, I turned a piece of wet tissue paper into a snow storm lasting nearly a minute.

I meant every word of what was said. For this show, I was brought on a magical journey. It was magical not because I had put up a magic performance, but for what I had experienced in the process.

When the idea to put up a variety show to thank our supporters became serious, each MP had to put up an item individually. Singing was never my forte. I needed an alternative, and soon.

Being fascinated with magic from young, I toyed with the idea of performing magic. A WP member, Michael heard about it and offered to teach some tricks to me. So I picked up a few tricks and acquired some small props. Still, I was not confident how the tricks would work on the big stage, and how to script the sequence of acts. For lack of a better alternative, I committed myself to doing magic for Bricks In Blue, despite having never performed for anyone before.

A month before Bricks In Blue, the publicity went online. That same evening, I received a Facebook message from Eugene, a young man living in Aljunied GRC. He is a full-time student living overseas and is back on holiday. He had worked full-time for a professional magic team and had performed on the big stage. He had some professional props which he could loan me as well. It was God-sent.

So I loaned his props, including a crate with which I was to be handcuffed and locked in. I would have just a few seconds to unlock myself, escape, and change position with my assistant. He warned it would take a month of practice to get the act perfect. The assistant would be my eldest daughter, Faith. The practice required both of us to be fast and coordinated.

Eugene also helped to sequence the routines, polished our script and introduced a few more tricks. Then, we tested some of the effects in five of the Christmas parties held in Aljunied GRC and in Hougang. When Faith could not attend two of the sessions, I recruited my son, Harel to stand in. He loved it so much that we decided to add him into the big show. He would turn a burning torch into a rose.

Magical family with magic consultant Eugene before the show

For Bricks In Blue, we had three full-dress rehearsals and two other combined practices for the singing items in a studio. It was at these sessions that I saw how the many volunteers from all the divisions in Aljunied and Hougang put in so much sacrifice to make the show a good one. In the 56 years of WP history, the Party had never put up a variety show before. Everyone was determined to put up a good show. Many of the volunteers have a demanding day job. By day, they are lawyers, accountants, businessmen, office executives, hardworking workers and many more. Many have their families to take care of. Some are students and some even had school tests in between the rehearsals. Yet they would practice hard to make things as perfect as they could.

None of us are professional entertainers. Most do not have performing experience. The back stage crew worked tirelessly too, ensuring that the setup, sound system, backdrop and lighting worked according to plan. There seemed so much to do in the short two weeks that preparation for the show went intense.
As I watched how these volunteers piled in the hours after work and after school, I wondered what drove them. I also thought about all the hours they piled in at the weekly Meet-The-People sessions and in organising all the constituency events. I recalled the energies they burned during GE2011 and during Hougang BE. I remembered how empty fields and stadiums were transformed into huge rally sites. The logistics were immense. Setting up within hours and dismantling immediately thereafter, repeating that night after night. Combing houses tirelessly to meet as many residents as possible. All these were executed by the determination of hundreds of volunteers, many of whom have day jobs.

These volunteers are the engine behind what keeps the Workers’ Party going when the going gets tough on the ground. They are the volunteers who do not get to go to National Day receptions at the Istana which are for official grassroots members recognized by the government. They will never get any awards by the government. No PBM, no BBM. They will not get any priority for registering their children into their preferred primary school. They will not get parking privileges. Yet they work on tirelessly.

I too had experienced how many would come up to offer help to us. I experienced that during GE2011 as a newbie in the political scene. People I had never met before would magically coming forward to help in all sorts of things just when I needed help. Even for this show, I took up the challenge without any idea how I would learn my magic or how to handle the performance. Yet, everything happened magically, with people who came along the way.

This is the real magic which I had experienced. It is the magic that had carried the Party through difficult times and will continue to carry the Party forward. The magic is in all of you. Thank you, wonderful volunteers. Thank you, wonderful supporters.

Finale of Bricks In Blue – Thanking everyone

http://yeejj.wordpress.com/about/

</article>

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

Workers' Party Chairman Sylvia Lim filed an adjournment motion this afternoon for the next Parliamentary sitting, titled "Safeguarding the Public Interest in Town Council Management". Parliament resumes on Monday, 14th January.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

Building For A New Generation

by The Workers' Party on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 12:39am ·

Since its founding in pre-independence Singapore in 1957, the Workers’ Party has stood with Singaporeans and participated in every General Election, to enable Singaporeans to exercise their right to vote for their Members of Parliament and choose their Government. It has not been an easy journey. Through the high and low points in the party’s history, it was the support of Singaporeans which inspired us to persevere and rise to the many challenges thrown our way. Thank you for making the difference to the Workers’ Party.

As announced at the “Bricks in Blue” concert on 6 Jan 2013, the party is appealing for donations to purchase a permanent party headquarters to enable it to continue to grow and to develop so as to play a useful role in our political system. This will also allow the party to be more self-reliant financially and to have a more secure future as it moves forward when future generations of leaders take over.

Any amount of contribution is deeply appreciated.

All individual donors need to provide their names, NRIC numbers, home addresses and contact numbers. For donations in the name of a company, please provide the company registration number (UEN No) for our own verification for compliance with the Political Donations Act.

If you wish to make a donation:

1. By Post – Please mail your crossed cheque with payee as “WP Building Fund Account” to:
WP Building Fund
c/o The Workers’ Party
PO Box 15 Toa Payoh Central Post Office
Singapore 913101

2. Cash Donation:
a) Weekly Open House every Friday (except public holidays) from 8 pm – 9.30 pm at 216-G Syed Alwi Road #02-03 Singapore 207799.
b) Weekly WP MPs’ Meet the People Sessions. You can find out the date, time and locations from http://www.ahtc.org.sg/ahtc/our-members-of-parliament/

3. Internet Bank Transfer:
Kindly drop us an email at [email protected] with your contact details for the purpose of verification of identity.

Thank you for your generous support and for helping to build for the new generation.

Sylvia Lim Low Thia Khiang
Chairman Secretary-General

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear supporters of Workers' Party, if you wish to volunteer your time for the Workers' Party during the Punggol East By-Election 2013, please enter your particulars in the following form:

http://bit.Iy/Volunteer4WP

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP ready for Punggol East by-election: Low Thia Khiang
By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 09 January 2013 2156 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party (WP) Secretary General Low Thia Khiang said the party is ready to contest the by-election in Punggol East.

Mr Low said his party will announce the candidate in due course and added that the logistics are ready for the by-election.

Speaking to the media before the start of his Meet-the-People session on Wednesday evening, Mr Low said that it is good that the prime minister has decided to call a by-election as soon as possible.

He said it is fair so that residents of Punggol East can have a representative of their own.

He said: "It is logical for the PAP to call and settle the by-election issue in Punggol East as soon as possible. PAP is the incumbent in Punggol, they have an advantage being an incumbent unlike Hougang, thereby it is logical for the prime minister to settle it and call (a by-election) as fast as possible before any party can further entrench and establish themselves there."

Mr Low said he does not want to speculate on the results but said that the voters have seen what the party can offer and will leave it up them to decide.

On the possibility of facing a six-cornered fight, Mr Low said so far there are no plans to have a joint meeting with other opposition parties who have voiced their interest to contest in the ward.

When asked if the recent saga involving Aljunied-Hougang Town Council and Action Information Management (AIM) will have an impact on the by-election, Mr Low said: "I welcome the Prime Minister's announcement to review the town councils' fundamentals as well as to investigate. I welcome the response to the issues the Workers' Party have raised to the attention of Singaporeans."

The party has issued a call for volunteers to help with the by-election.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="460" width="380" src="http://info.channelnewsasia.com/videoplayer/cnaplayer/videoplayer.php?playerName=cna&skin=player108.swf&bgskin=playerbackground08.swf&filename=w130109_sg_thiakhiang.flv&adfilebefore=&adfileafter=&playmode=R&debugMode=off&&withHeader=1&isAutoplay=1&videoTitle=WP-ready-for-Punggol-East-byelection-Low-Thia-Khiang"></iframe>

- CNA/xq

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Sylvia Lim withdraws motion on AIM issue, pledges to give input to Govt review[/h]

File photo of Workers’ Party (WP) MP Sylvia Lim asking questions during parliament session. Sylvia Lim is withdrawing an adjournment motion that she filed on the sale of software used by PAP town councils to Action Information Management (AIM). -- ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

By Goh Chin Lian

Workers' Party(WP) chairman Sylvia Lim is withdrawing an adjournment motion that she filed on the sale of software used by PAP town councils to Action Information Management (AIM).

Originally scheduled for next Monday's Parliament sitting, the motion was pulled, she said, because "the goal of protecting the public and residents' interests would be better served if the government investigation and review were to first proceed."

"After the completion of the review and publication of its findings, the matter can be raised in Parliament again as the circumstances require," she said in a statement.

Ms Lim, who is the chairman of WP-run Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC), welcomed the announcement of the review and pledged to provide its input to the Ministry of National Development which is leading the review.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ylvia-lim-withdraws-motion-aim-issue-20130110

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP picks up nomination papers, keeps mum about likely candidate

By Charissa Yong

The Workers' Party collected one set of nomination papers from the Elections Department on Friday afternoon.
Hougang MP Png Eng Huat and WP organising secretary Ng Swee Bee were spotted entering the Elections Department building on Prinsep Street at about 1.55pm. They emerged at about 2.30pm.

Both of them, however, kept tight-lipped about who the party's candidate might be, Mr Png said: "You'll know in a few days time."
Both Mr Png and Ms Ng declined to say more.

TO READ THE FULL STORY...

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ers-keeps-mum-about-likely-candidate-20130111

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/589301974419723"><abbr title="Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 10:16am" data-utime="1357956970" class="timestamp livetimestamp">5 hours ago</abbr>

Dear Supporters,

16 January 2013, Wednesday is the Nomination Day for the Punggol East By-Election. We hope that you can join us as our Nomination Day Supporter. Please note the details below:

Date: 16 Jan 2013, Wednesday
Meeting Time: 10:30am
Meeting Point: Blk 101 Rivervale Walk Singapore 540101
Attire: Light-Blue top

*Important: Do NOT display the WP logo on any item, as you will not be allowed inside the Nomination Centre.

Suggested items to bring: Drinking water, cap (if you need some shelter from the sun, while waiting in the open field)

If you will be late, please proceed to the Nomination Centre (North Vista Secondary School, 11 Rivervale Link, Singapore 545081) directly.

We look forward to a sea of blue, so ask your friends/family to come and join us! Thank you and see you there!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Workers' Party set to announce candidate on Monday morning[/h]

By Andrea Ong

The Workers' Party is set to announce its candidate for the Punggol East by-election on Monday morning.
It sent out an invite on Sunday for a press conference at its party headquarters at 11am tomorrow. The invite simply stated that it would be making an "announcement".

Sources had previously indicated that the party would most likely reveal its final decision on which candidate to field on Monday.
News of the press conference is the first sign of by-election activity from the Workers' party all weekend. The party is the only one still in the mix who is not known to have been out and about in Punggol East since the writ of election was issued on Wednesday.

It has also kept tight-lipped about who it might be introducing as a candidate on Monday, although Non-Constituency MP Gerald Giam remains the front-runner.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP fields Lee Li Lian as its candidate for by-election

SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party (WP) has fielded Lee Li Lian as its candidate for the Punggol East by-election on 26 January.

Ms Lee, who has been with the party for six years, was introduced at a media conference on Monday.

WP chairman Sylvia Lim described her as the "best person to represent the party" in Punggol East and added that she has some understanding of the ground in the ward from her previous campaign in the 2011 General Election.

Ms Lim said Ms Lee is sincere, reliable and committed, as well as a "key player with a heart for the people".

In her introductory message in English and Mandarin, Ms Lee said her maiden election was in the last General Election in the same ward and it was a natural decision to serve the residents in Punggol East when the seat became vacant.

Asked about her campaign message, Ms Lee said the focus will be to serve the needs of residents.

She highlighted transport and amenities like childcare centres and coffee shops as areas that need more attention, based on her experience in the last election.

Last Thursday, the People's Action Party (PAP) introduced Dr Koh Poh Koon as its choice for the single-seat ward.

The seat was vacated by former PAP MP, Mr Michael Palmer, who stepped down over an extramarital affair.

In the 2011 General Election, the Punggol East Single Member Constituency saw a three-way fight.

Mr Palmer won about 55 per cent of the votes; Ms Lee took about 41 per cent; and Mr Desmond Lim of the Singapore Democratic Alliance got around 4 per cent.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Punggol East By-Election Candidate Introduction - Lee Lilian (English)
[/h]
by The Workers' Party on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 12:04pm

395976_590337477649506_549221030_n.jpg

My name is Lee Li Lian.

I’m the eldest of three daughters and I grew up in a HDB 3 room flat in Lor Lew Lian. I’m happily married to a Telecommunications Consultant.

In the last GE2011, I was honoured to be chosen as the candidate for PE SMC. It was my maiden election and I must say that the experience was enriching and very fulfilling. It was a natural decision that when the seat became open, I would want to have the opportunity to serve the residents of PE. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the party leadership for entrusting me with this responsibility again.

As someone who is looking at starting a family, I can empathise with the considerations and concerns that young couples and young families have. Concerns such as raising children in a time where the cost of living is going up, and the environment is becoming increasingly competitive, especially in schools. The challenges that young families and single parents are facing and the welfare of our elderly folks are some of the national issues that I will be focusing on.

Given my experience as a ground activist for the past six years, I have met and interacted with people from different walks of life. This enabled me to better understand the needs of a wide spectrum of our population. I believe that I am well placed to serve the residents of Punggol East. I hope that the residents of Punggol East will give me the opportunity to represent them in Parliament.

大家好,我是李丽连。

2011年5月大选,是我第一次参选,也是我第一次走进榜鹅东的每一个角落,巴刹、商店、组屋,家家户户,接触这里的新旧居民,让我感受到这个地方的特色。

榜鹅东单选区是唯一出现三角战的选区。但是榜鹅东选民还是给了我41%的支持率,让我有信心,在两年后的今天,再度回到榜鹅东,寻求选民的委托。

我知道这是一场硬战,但是因为榜鹅东选民给我的鼓励,以及新加坡选民对工人党的支持。所以,即使选战再难打,工人党还是派我回到榜鹅东,再次为选民提供一个选择。

这一次,我希望榜鹅东的选民给我机会,一起打造榜鹅东的未来。

谢谢!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57345778" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong, jj

'Lilian wants to generate greater political awareness and interest among women and youth in Singapore. She maintains that one must never think there is little or not much that one can do.
“Unless you spread your wings, you will have no idea how high you can fly,” she says. She believes that everyone has ability, and the only difference lies in how we make use of that ability.'

Please support Lee Li Lian for Punggol East By-Election!

Lee Li Lian – Workers’ Party Candidate for Punggol East By-Election 2013 : The Workers’ Party of Sin
wp.sg
Education: • Diploma In Business Studies, Ngee Ann Polytechnic • Bachelor Commerce (Marketing), Curtin University of Technology, Australia

[h=2][/h] [h=2][/h]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]
Lee Li Lian – Workers’ Party Candidate for Punggol East By-Election 2013[/h]Punggol East By-Election Candidate
lilian_pe_profile.jpg
[h=2]Lee Li Lian 李丽连[/h] [h=2]
lilian_name_tamil.png
[/h] Age: 34

<tbody>
</tbody>
Posts in WP:
• Central Executive Council Member
• Deputy Webmaster
• Legislative Assistant

Education:
• Diploma In Business Studies, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
• Bachelor Commerce (Marketing), Curtin University of Technology, Australia

Financial Instituition Trainer

Marital Status:
Married with no children
Background:

Lilian is the eldest in the family with two younger sisters. Her father is a store-keeper and her mother is
baby-sitting her niece. One sister is an Auditor and the other, an Analyst.

Outgoing by nature, Lilian was well-liked by her fellow school mates in school, although her teachers
sometimes found her too talkative and critical.

Interested in people, she decided that a career in the sales industry was the best for her. She was
actively involved in both industrial and financial sales for 6 years, before moving on to become a
Recruitment Manager with a private institution, a job which allowed her to deal with people once again.
In 2008, she took on a position as Trainer with a financial instituition.

At work, she was often asked to make presentations and to host major corporate events because of
her ability to connect with people.

Lilian lived in Marine Parade for 25 years, before moving to Ang Mo Kio in 2005, where she finally got
a chance to cast her first vote. She was a volunteer with the Worker’s Party during the 2006 General
Elections and subsequently joined the Party in June of the same year.

In August 2006, she was elected into the Youth Wing EXCO and became the Youth Wing Organising
Secretary. In 2008, she was elected into the CEC and was appointed Deputy Treasurer.

Lilian was selected to be the candidate for Punggol East SMC in the 2011 General Elections. With the
support of the residents, the team garnered 41% of the valid votes in the only 3-cornered fight in
GE2011.

After GE2011, Lilian was appointed as the President of the Workers’ Party Youth Wing and Legislative
Assistant to MP Pritam Singh in Eunos division of Aljunied GRC. Besides helming the recruitment of
volunteers, she helps to plan and execute grassroots events for Eunos division. Lilian also works with
the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council to address the concerns of the residents.

Philosophy:
Lilian wants to generate greater political awareness and interest among women and youth in
Singapore. She maintains that one must never think there is little or not much that one can do.
“Unless you spread your wings, you will have no idea how high you can fly,” she says. She believes
that everyone has ability, and the only difference lies in how we make use of that ability.

工人党职务:
- 中央执行委员会委员
- 网络事务副主管
- 国会议员法务助理

教育:
· 义安理工学院商业研究文凭
· 澳洲格廷科技大学商学士学位

职业:
金融机构培训员
婚姻状况:
已婚,未有孩子

简历:
李丽连出身小康之家,父亲是仓库管理员,母亲是家庭主妇,下有两个妹妹,分别是审计师与
分析师。身为家中长女,丽连自幼培养起领导能力和批判性的思维,由于性格开朗外向,经常
被老师评为多嘴率直,但却总是同学和朋友的开心果。

丽连喜欢与人接触交流,一开始就选择投身行销领域,从事过工业兼金融行销、招聘经理,并
从2008年起担任一间金融机构的培训员迄今;六年来的每一项职务总是离不开与人交流。由于
她善于与人交流,因此在工作上不时需要主持大型的企业活动。

丽连在马林百列集选区居住了25年,她在2005年从马林百列集选区搬迁到宏茂桥集选区,遂有
机会在2006年所举行的全国大选中第一次行使她的投票权。那一年,她也以义工身份投入工人
党的竞选活动,后来加入工人党。

2006年8月,她获推选为工人党青年团执委,随后出任青年团组织秘书。丽连在2008年获选成
为工人党中央执委并受委担任党副财政。

2011年全国大选,丽连获工人党委以重任,竞选榜鹅东单选区议席。即使面对三角战的严峻选
情,仍成功获得榜鹅东选民41%的支持率。

2011年大选后,丽连受委为工人党青年团团长,并出任阿裕尼集选区国会议员毕丹星的法务助
理,她的职责包括招募义工、筹办基层活动,也与阿裕尼-后港市镇会合作,协助居民解决问
题。

信念:
丽连期盼妇女和青少年的政治意识能有所提升。她相信,“只有勇敢地伸展双翼,才能知道自
己能飞得多高。”她认为,人千万别小看自己,每个人都有各自的能力与天赋,差别只在于如
何发挥所能。

Pendidikan:
Diploma dalam Pengajian Perniagaan, Politeknik Ngee Ann
Ijazah Sarjana Muda Perdagangan (Pemasaran), Universiti Teknoloji Curtin, Australia

Pekerjaan:
Pelatih
Taraf Perkahwinan:
Sudah kahwin, tiada anak.

Latar Belakang:
Lilian merupakan anak sulung dalam keluarga dan mempunyai dua lagi adik perempuan. Bapanya
bekerja sebagai seorang penjaga stor manakala ibunya adalah seorang pengasuh kepada anak
perempuan saudaranya. Seorang daripada adik perempuannya bekerja sebagai Juru Odit dan yang
satu lagi adalah seorang Penganalisis.

Seorang yang beramah-tamah, beliau disukai oleh golongan sebayanya dan kawan-kawan
sekolahnya sungguhpun guru-gurunya kadang-kala mendapati beliau suka bercakap dan boleh kuat
menyuarakan kritikannya.

Oleh kerana minat bergaul dengan orang lain, beliau telah menceburi bidang penjualan, sesuatu di
mana difikirkan adalah yang terbaik untuknya. Dia aktif dalam pemasaran industri dan kewangan
selama 6 tahun sebelum menjadi Pengurus Pengambilan Pekerja dalam sebuah institusi swasta.
Pada tahun 2008, dia dilantik sebagai seorang Pelatih.

Di tempat kerjanya, beliau sering diminta membuat persembahan dan menjadi pengacara dalam
acara-acara korporat penting kerana sifatnya yang mesra orang.

Lilian tinggal di GRC Marine Parade selama 25 tahun sebelum berpindah ke GRC Ang Mo Kio pada
tahun 2005 di mana beliau akhirnya telah dapat mengundi buat kali pertama. Dia juga bekerja
sebagai seorang sukarelawan dalam Parti Pekerja semasa Pilihan Raya Umum 2006.

Pada bulan Ogos tahun sama, beliau telah dilantik sebagai EXCO Sayap Pemuda, dan kemudiannya
di lantik sebagai Setiausaha Sayap Pemuda. Pada tahun 2008, dia telah dilantik ke dalam
Jawatankuasa Eksekutif Pusat dan dijadikan Timbalan Bendahari sejak masa itu.

Lilian telah dipilih sebagai calon untuk SMC Punggol Timur semasa Pilihanraya Umum 2011. Dengan
sokongan penghuni-penghuni, pasukan kami telah mendapat 41% undi sah dalam apa yang
merupakan pertandingan 3-penjuru tunggal dalam Pilihanraya itu.

Selepas Pilihanraya Umum 2011, Lilian dilantik sebagai Presiden Sayap Pemuda Parti Pekerja dan
Pembantu Perundangan kepada Ahli Parlimen Pritam Singh di Kawasan Eunos GRC Aljunied di mana
beliau memimpin pengambilan sukarelawan-sukarelawan. Dia juga membantu merancang dan
melaksanakan acara-acara akar umbi untuk penghuni-penghuni Eunos dan juga bekerja sama
dengan Majlis Bandar Aljunied-Hougang untuk cuba menyelesaikan masalah-masalah penghuni.

Falsafahnya:
Lilian mahu memupukan lebih kesedaran dan minat politik di kalangan wanita dan orang muda
Singapura. Lilian menegas bahawa seseorang itu mesti berfikir bahawa ianya mampu membuat
sesuatu, tak kira berapa besar atau kecilnya. “Kalau tidak membuka sayap sendiri, mana tahu berapa
tinggi boleh terbang,” beliau berkata. Beliau percaya bahawa setiap orang mempunyai kebolehan
sendiri, perbezaannya ialah bagaimana kita dapat menggunakannya.

lilian_tamil.png

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong JJ

'Lilian wants to generate greater political awareness and interest among women and youth in Singapore. She maintains that one must never think there is little or not much that one can do.
“Unless you spread your wings, you will have no idea how high you can fly,” she says. She believes that everyone has ability, and the only difference lies in how we make use of that ability.'

Please support Lee Li Lian for Punggol East By-Election!

Lee Li Lian – Workers’ Party Candidate for Punggol East By-Election 2013 : The Workers’ Party of Sin
wp.sg

Education: • Diploma In Business Studies, Ngee Ann Polytechnic • Bachelor Commerce (Marketing), Curtin University of Technology, Australia

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong JJ

"In the 2012 PSLE, 15 primary schools had more than 20 per cent of its graduating cohort attaining T-scores of 250 and above, and 61 primary schools had less than 5 per cent of its graduating cohort attaining T-scores of 250 and above."

250 is the approximate T-Score for a student in the top 10% of the cohort. What do you think accounts for the uneven distribution of performance at PSLE amongst schools?

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Edvantage/Story/A1Story20130114-395488.html