• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Redzwan Hafidz, candidate for Jalan Besar GRC: It's time for PAP to respect the decision of voters. ‪#‎GE2015‬ ‪#‎EmpowerYourFuture

Terence Tan, candidate for Marine Parade GRC: This GE is also for you to send a strong message to the PAP. Are you happy with the way they treat you, your family, your children, and your fellow Singaporeans? ‪#‎GE2015‬ ‪#‎EmpowerYourFuture‬

He Ting Ru, candidate for Marine Parade GRC: They (PAP) believe that our old people will wash us away, that we will all drown in a tidal wave of old people. Do you believe that old people are like a flash flood ready to wash us away? ‪#‎GE2015‬ ‪#‎EmpowerYourFuture‬

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]The WP’s Political Poker Game: Ruthless, Evasive, but Brutally Effective[/h] Posted on Sep 6 2015 - 12:33am by Redwire Singapore

« PREVIOUS
|

COWBOYJOHNNY: Hougang had a surplus, AHPETC will have a surplus, and Punggol-East was in deficit when the PAP handed it over.
In just 4 days of rallies, the Workers’ Party gave the gamblers’ equivalent of “show-hand”, and it looks to have beaten the PAP at this game of town council poker.

The PAP got the game going when it dropped the bomb about AHPETC’s alleged fund mismanagement.

It went on the attack, and wave after wave followed, with the Ministry of National Development leading the charge.
When the accusations first started, the WP said “give us time to check”.

When MND minister Khaw Boon Wan suggested hara kiri, the WP sat quiet, choosing neither to take up or fall on their swords.
Minister after minister took up the cause to destroy the WP’s credibility – Shanmugam, Desmond Lee, Teo Chee Hean, and even Heng Swee Keat and Tharman.

Even when ministers like Mr Shanmugam made mistakes with their data, WP leaders chose dignified silence over extensive criticism.
Then, the WP was brought to court to force upon it independent accountants of its choice, and it responded with what can be seen as “have faith, all will be revealed in due course.”

The PAP appeared to have scored a victory against their most dreaded enemy in recent years.

Then, the public began to tire of the whole AHPETC saga, all was revealed.

AHPETC – the town council will have a surplus of S$1.7 million once the government releases the S$7 million worth of grants to the town council.

Punggol-East – when the PAP handed over the town council, it had a S$280,000 deficit before grants, not unlike the situation facing AHPETC.

Hougang – Had a surplus before it became a part of AHPETC, contrary to what was said by DPM Teo and our Law Minister when they suggested that the WP couldn’t run a town council well.

Added to this, the AGO’s revelation just before elections that the People’s Association had incurred S$3.6 million worth of lapses.
And, more lapses were found with government agencies, the one that possibly caused the most resentment being the Gardens by the Bay contracts, where some S$20 million of contracts were awarded without tender.

While the public grew to regard the government as a bully as the AHPETC war drew on, it’s now seen as a bully with no basis.
Perhaps that was the WP’s plan all along in this war of attrition, to lie in wait and land one brutally effective sucker – that last hidden poker card.

Ruthless and evasive, but with 6 days more to the polls, the WP might just have gotten the game wrapped up.

http://redwiretimes.com/cow-beh-cow...game-ruthless-evasive-but-brutally-effective/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wake Up, Singapore

The crowd at the WP rally is so massive, the roads in Punggol are jammed all the way to Sengkang.

11998873_541945355971094_8711541741759503277_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Dr Tan Cheng Bock[/h]Public Figure

WP Rally at Punggol Field Walk

This evening I attended the WP( Worker’s Party) rally at Punggol. The crowd was pleasantly surprised to see me. I was overwhelmed by their warmth .Many came forward to greet me and had their photos taken. I was also touched by the kind words of many who told me they voted for me in PE2011.They wished me good health and encouraged me to stand again.

Although the rally was in an open field and the lighting was a bit dim at the rear, the full capacity crowd was very enthusiastic and the atmosphere was electric. The speakers were good and connected very well with the crowd.

Tomorrow l will attend a SPP rally, my fourth in the series

11951910_884056505002219_5810737109166309705_n.jpg

11960037_884056885002181_5050310232498857064_n.jpg

10405685_884057785002091_359118660599509798_n.jpg

11986371_884058225002047_3625398990430229001_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]theonlinecitizen[/h]News/Media Website

"It is not right to mislead the public with unsubstantiated data": Lee Lillian, refuting her opponent, the PAP's Charles Chong, who said that the Punggol East Town Council had a deficit.

Ms Lee instead said it was the former PAP town council which had a deficit of $200,000 when she took over it in 2013.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

theonlinecitizen

News/Media Website

"The son of Punggol is now the son-in-law of Ang Mo Kio!" - Sylvia Lim, referring to the PAP candidate in Punggol East in 2012, Koh Poh Koon.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel Goh 吴佩松[/h]Public Figure

Having breakfast with the family in Bedok South before we set out to greet and meet residents here. Yums!