• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The untrustworthy Chinese economy

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Mark Lister: The truth about Chinese economic growth
29 Apr, 2018 1:00pm
3 minutes to read
ATKMQTDMSVDWVNDTG6GBICVZWE.jpeg

China has lost momentum during recent months. Photo / Aimee Shaw
NZ Herald

By: Mark Lister

Advertise with NZME.

The final figures for the US won't be out until the last week of June, almost a full three months after the period they cover has finished. Yet the Chinese boffins can work it all out in 12 business days, without any need for revisions. No wonder none of us trust their numbers.

Investors must keep a close eye on other indicators, even though the headline figures suggest steady. One measure I follow is the Li Keqiang index, named after the Premier of the State Council in China.

Some years back, when he was Party Committee Secretary of Liaoning, Li famously remarked to the US Ambassador that the GDP data for his province was "man made" and unreliable. Unfortunately for him, a transcript of that private conversation was released in 2010 by Wikileaks.

I'm not sure if we should be concerned or comforted that the Chinese authorities are as cynical as we are about their data. Regardless, Li said he instead watched three things to take the pulse of the economy - rail freight volumes, electricity consumption and bank lending.

When economic activity is strong, goods are being transported around the country, factories are using more power as production ramps up, and banks are lending more money.

The Economist magazine created the "Li Keqiang index" which combined his three preferred indicators for tracking the fortunes of the economy. While it broadly lines up with official figures over longer periods, during shorter timeframes it suggests the Chinese economy is much more volatile.

At the moment, it's telling us China has lost momentum during recent months. While the rate of GDP growth is unchanged over the last few quarters, in March the Li Keqiang index fell to the lowest in almost two years. Having signalled a robust expansion for most of last year, it has since tapered off to imply the weakest pace of growth since June 2016.

That doesn't necessarily mean we're heading for a hard landing, but it's certainly something to watch. China is our biggest customer when it comes to goods and services exports, and it's arguably more important for keeping the global growth story intact than the US.

Mark Lister is Head of Private Wealth Research at Craigs Investment Partners. This column is general in nature and should not be regarded as specific investment advice.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark Lister: The truth about Chinese economic growth
29 Apr, 2018 1:00pm
3 minutes to read
ATKMQTDMSVDWVNDTG6GBICVZWE.jpeg

China has lost momentum during recent months. Photo / Aimee Shaw
NZ Herald

By: Mark Lister

Advertise with NZME.

The final figures for the US won't be out until the last week of June, almost a full three months after the period they cover has finished. Yet the Chinese boffins can work it all out in 12 business days, without any need for revisions. No wonder none of us trust their numbers.

Investors must keep a close eye on other indicators, even though the headline figures suggest steady. One measure I follow is the Li Keqiang index, named after the Premier of the State Council in China.

Some years back, when he was Party Committee Secretary of Liaoning, Li famously remarked to the US Ambassador that the GDP data for his province was "man made" and unreliable. Unfortunately for him, a transcript of that private conversation was released in 2010 by Wikileaks.

I'm not sure if we should be concerned or comforted that the Chinese authorities are as cynical as we are about their data. Regardless, Li said he instead watched three things to take the pulse of the economy - rail freight volumes, electricity consumption and bank lending.

When economic activity is strong, goods are being transported around the country, factories are using more power as production ramps up, and banks are lending more money.

The Economist magazine created the "Li Keqiang index" which combined his three preferred indicators for tracking the fortunes of the economy. While it broadly lines up with official figures over longer periods, during shorter timeframes it suggests the Chinese economy is much more volatile.

At the moment, it's telling us China has lost momentum during recent months. While the rate of GDP growth is unchanged over the last few quarters, in March the Li Keqiang index fell to the lowest in almost two years. Having signalled a robust expansion for most of last year, it has since tapered off to imply the weakest pace of growth since June 2016.

That doesn't necessarily mean we're heading for a hard landing, but it's certainly something to watch. China is our biggest customer when it comes to goods and services exports, and it's arguably more important for keeping the global growth story intact than the US.

Mark Lister is Head of Private Wealth Research at Craigs Investment Partners. This column is general in nature and should not be regarded as specific investment advice.

This is call chinese efficiency. You see this in sinkie bureaucracy as well. Faster than western counterpart does not mean fake data. Can be because chinks are just better at maths. :cool:

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economy is a BROKEN HOODWINK SCIENCE Full of SHIT and 300% will fail for sure.

This is exactly why ALL the G7 countries and top industrialized states are now all BANKRUPTED and STARVING and COLLAPSING.

ALL of the countries with huge number of PhDs & Professors in Economic Faculties are falling apart in their Economies.

All the rest who were thought to be lagging behind in Economic Development still at least stay in about the same standard as they were from few decades ago.

Economists don't really know what Economy really is, it is a SYSTEMATIC ELIMINATION & BETRAYAL & FALSE PROMISES. Greedy blinded idiots follows blindly and dream blindly, and believed in it foolishly. They thought it was GOOD FOR EVERYONE, they tots it was their SECURITY and FUTURE, they tot their lives will get easier and richer, they tot they could take a free ride and their wealth will expand automatically. The Economic Faculties kept producing half-fucked goofy fools to Hoodwink peasants. Politician kept taking Economy and Plans and criticize or attack each other in Economic Policies. But they are all Idiots Bluffing Idiots. Whole world ended up FUCKED like this. ALL OF THESE EXPECTATIONS JUST TURNED OUT IN REVERSED RESULTS without any exceptions.

For job seekers they tot Economy means good salaries and secured employments. But actually it is the reversed. For merchants or businesses they thought economy means bigger business figures & higher profits, but actually it is the reversed. When things did not turn out the way they expected they blamed politicians and not the ECONOMISTS CROOKS. But Economic Science is the REAL CULPRIT.

As simple as it is the optimization in Economy itself is indeed Elimination taken to the Maximum so that we exploit and betrayed and back-stab ALL OTHERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! This is Economy or else it is not Economically Optimized for ourselves. For example, if I want to buy a smart phone, I must chose features & optimized in price hunting, and selection. For the same smart phone specs / quality, I must buy at the lowest prices, and best delivery datelines and best services. How is the maker / seller able to give me that?

They must source materials, energies, production facilities, labors, storage, transportation, packaging etc, in most economical ways. They must ELIMINATE MIDDLEMAN, ELIMINATE WASTAGE, ELIMINATE EXCESS LABOR, MINIMIZE MATERIAL & ENERGY USAGE.... so they must cut cost, cut labor, cut floor areas, cut workforces.... They must give their vendors less profits, eliminate vendors and by-past them, employ the least of the cheapest workers, retrench the useless high salaries employees. That mean they must cut every thing lean, they must do everything cheap, use no workers, and replace jobs with robotics, if possible they must own their material sources from minerals mining all the way to final products so that they share no profits with others. They must dominate market and eliminate competitions. They must KILL LOTS OF OTHER SUPPLIERS AND COMPETITORS & FIRE AS MUCH USELESS EMPLOYEES AS POSSIBLE.

That is why they can be successful! To sell me the most competitive smart phone. And all the other customers are like me, they hunt to get the same deal, eventually / ultimately, only just 1 supplier will dominate the world - if Economic Optimization is maximum, all competitions will die and only the best - most competitive dominate the global market. And yet, they have the least employees and suppliers / vendors, and most effective robots will do the works from mining to processing to manufacturing to packaging to shipping.

And what? All the people will be mostly UNEMPLOYED! All the businesses will be ELIMINATED & KILLED. What happened to me then? Yes I bought the best smart phone! But I have no job! I can not pay for it! I am in HUGE DEBTs. I BORROW. I OWE. I DELAY PAYMENT. I am USA! I am G7 Bankrupted Beggars!

That is the real full story about Economy!

Like it or not, you have to suck on it! It is the bare truth!

And who are the ultimate victims?

Not man!

The planet earth is the ultimate sucker!

Because all the billions of bastards have no money no job no contributions, and expect to be only pampered and secured, and they want to spend the most of resources, all the resources plundered from only PLANET EARTH to the final grand exhaustion, all the spent resources converted by consumers via industrial technologies into WASTES & POLLUTIONS, & RUINED Planet Earth.

And man doing all that is COMMITTING a mass Total Extinction Suicide & Genocide all the rest of lives on planets, the forest, the natural, the animals, the birds, the fish, the bugs, all will be dead.

Thanks to ECONOMY!

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont need chao angmoh to tell China finance.
agreed. Chao ang moh with their lehman bros, citibanks, solomon brothers, wall streets cheating bankers cooking all their accounts and getting scot free and now telling others how to do proper economy accounting and balance sheets. Its like a rapist telling you how to remain a virgin. farking bastard angmoh shits.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese economic miracle due to hefty gahmen spending in infrastructure..now that its almost all completed, they must come up with one road, one belt (why not one belly?) to export their employment.
Thanks to their hefty population( chinese invented fucking like rabbits) most of their infrastructure investment could be profitable, but those they build overseas could run into trouble.
And china must thank taiwan and hong kong for the transfer of technology of their consumer products like smartphones, toys and computers.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economy is a BROKEN HOODWINK SCIENCE Full of SHIT and 300% will fail for sure.

This is exactly why ALL the G7 countries and top industrialized states are now all BANKRUPTED and STARVING and COLLAPSING.

ALL of the countries with huge number of PhDs & Professors in Economic Faculties are falling apart in their Economies.

All the rest who were thought to be lagging behind in Economic Development still at least stay in about the same standard as they were from few decades ago.

Economists don't really know what Economy really is, it is a SYSTEMATIC ELIMINATION & BETRAYAL & FALSE PROMISES. Greedy blinded idiots follows blindly and dream blindly, and believed in it foolishly. They thought it was GOOD FOR EVERYONE, they tots it was their SECURITY and FUTURE, they tot their lives will get easier and richer, they tot they could take a free ride and their wealth will expand automatically. The Economic Faculties kept producing half-fucked goofy fools to Hoodwink peasants. Politician kept taking Economy and Plans and criticize or attack each other in Economic Policies. But they are all Idiots Bluffing Idiots. Whole world ended up FUCKED like this. ALL OF THESE EXPECTATIONS JUST TURNED OUT IN REVERSED RESULTS without any exceptions.

For job seekers they tot Economy means good salaries and secured employments. But actually it is the reversed. For merchants or businesses they thought economy means bigger business figures & higher profits, but actually it is the reversed. When things did not turn out the way they expected they blamed politicians and not the ECONOMISTS CROOKS. But Economic Science is the REAL CULPRIT.

As simple as it is the optimization in Economy itself is indeed Elimination taken to the Maximum so that we exploit and betrayed and back-stab ALL OTHERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! This is Economy or else it is not Economically Optimized for ourselves. For example, if I want to buy a smart phone, I must chose features & optimized in price hunting, and selection. For the same smart phone specs / quality, I must buy at the lowest prices, and best delivery datelines and best services. How is the maker / seller able to give me that?

They must source materials, energies, production facilities, labors, storage, transportation, packaging etc, in most economical ways. They must ELIMINATE MIDDLEMAN, ELIMINATE WASTAGE, ELIMINATE EXCESS LABOR, MINIMIZE MATERIAL & ENERGY USAGE.... so they must cut cost, cut labor, cut floor areas, cut workforces.... They must give their vendors less profits, eliminate vendors and by-past them, employ the least of the cheapest workers, retrench the useless high salaries employees. That mean they must cut every thing lean, they must do everything cheap, use no workers, and replace jobs with robotics, if possible they must own their material sources from minerals mining all the way to final products so that they share no profits with others. They must dominate market and eliminate competitions. They must KILL LOTS OF OTHER SUPPLIERS AND COMPETITORS & FIRE AS MUCH USELESS EMPLOYEES AS POSSIBLE.

That is why they can be successful! To sell me the most competitive smart phone. And all the other customers are like me, they hunt to get the same deal, eventually / ultimately, only just 1 supplier will dominate the world - if Economic Optimization is maximum, all competitions will die and only the best - most competitive dominate the global market. And yet, they have the least employees and suppliers / vendors, and most effective robots will do the works from mining to processing to manufacturing to packaging to shipping.

And what? All the people will be mostly UNEMPLOYED! All the businesses will be ELIMINATED & KILLED. What happened to me then? Yes I bought the best smart phone! But I have no job! I can not pay for it! I am in HUGE DEBTs. I BORROW. I OWE. I DELAY PAYMENT. I am USA! I am G7 Bankrupted Beggars!

That is the real full story about Economy!

Like it or not, you have to suck on it! It is the bare truth!

And who are the ultimate victims?

Not man!

The planet earth is the ultimate sucker!

Because all the billions of bastards have no money no job no contributions, and expect to be only pampered and secured, and they want to spend the most of resources, all the resources plundered from only PLANET EARTH to the final grand exhaustion, all the spent resources converted by consumers via industrial technologies into WASTES & POLLUTIONS, & RUINED Planet Earth.

And man doing all that is COMMITTING a mass Total Extinction Suicide & Genocide all the rest of lives on planets, the forest, the natural, the animals, the birds, the fish, the bugs, all will be dead.

Thanks to ECONOMY!

Part 2 of my illustration on Economy.

My smart phone example.

So what I do with my smart phone? 10001 ten thousand and 1 time saving and efficient and $$$$ saving things I will do with it. Remember - to be Economically Optimized, I use Technology.

I can do e-banking, e-shopping, e-booking, e-Citizen services (using my SG53 SingPASS which got hacked), download music and movies, get thousands of apps, E-office, emails, video conference, chats, FB... Don't need to travel. I can work at home. I eliminated everything and everyone, I don't give anyone job nor profits, because I am fully economically optimized. I don't need the bank clerk, salesman, telephone operators, HDB officers, receptionist, cabby, bus drivers, pilots, air crews, movie house ticket auntie, record shop sales girl, I order food delivery, I don't need McDonald counter boys..... That is what Economy is about!

Back-Stab Betrayal Elimination under-cut, screws, by-past, thrift, cheap, short-cut.

So with my powerful smart phone, I eliminated jobs, and businesses, and save myself time and money.

So that is why employment rates goes down, salaries goes down, sales goes, down, profits goes down, businesses closed, jobs retrenched, individuals & firms bankrupted. All that while all the idiots were expecting GOOD ECONOMY & Surprised by all these disappointments.

So that is why more so in these so call Economically Advance or Economically Developed countries, they are much more in deeper Economic shit and plight and DEBTS.

So that is why more worse in those countries who have got more Economic Graduates and Scholars, or PhDs or Professors.

So that is why all the more traditional or slow or backward countries are in less deep shit and debts and their Govt NEVER shut down or run out of budgets. The more they stay in 1900s economic models, no modernization nor industrialization etc high-flying bullshit greedy plans... they will remain better shapes.

That is why USA is broke and dying, that is why EU is broke and dying, that is why Japs are broke and dying, that is why all of the G7 Economies are fucked and dying.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
U go live in cave age.

Part 2 of my illustration on Economy.

My smart phone example.

So what I do with my smart phone? 10001 ten thousand and 1 time saving and efficient and $$$$ saving things I will do with it. Remember - to be Economically Optimized, I use Technology.

I can do e-banking, e-shopping, e-booking, e-Citizen services (using my SG53 SingPASS which got hacked), download music and movies, get thousands of apps, E-office, emails, video conference, chats, FB... Don't need to travel. I can work at home. I eliminated everything and everyone, I don't give anyone job nor profits, because I am fully economically optimized. I don't need the bank clerk, salesman, telephone operators, HDB officers, receptionist, cabby, bus drivers, pilots, air crews, movie house ticket auntie, record shop sales girl, I order food delivery, I don't need McDonald counter boys..... That is what Economy is about!

Back-Stab Betrayal Elimination under-cut, screws, by-past, thrift, cheap, short-cut.

So with my powerful smart phone, I eliminated jobs, and businesses, and save myself time and money.

So that is why employment rates goes down, salaries goes down, sales goes, down, profits goes down, businesses closed, jobs retrenched, individuals & firms bankrupted. All that while all the idiots were expecting GOOD ECONOMY & Surprised by all these disappointments.

So that is why more so in these so call Economically Advance or Economically Developed countries, they are much more in deeper Economic shit and plight and DEBTS.

So that is why more worse in those countries who have got more Economic Graduates and Scholars, or PhDs or Professors.

So that is why all the more traditional or slow or backward countries are in less deep shit and debts and their Govt NEVER shut down or run out of budgets. The more they stay in 1900s economic models, no modernization nor industrialization etc high-flying bullshit greedy plans... they will remain better shapes.

That is why USA is broke and dying, that is why EU is broke and dying, that is why Japs are broke and dying, that is why all of the G7 Economies are fucked and dying.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another example with Economic Optimization using my Economical Smart Phone is, I have apps to book Uber / Grab and pay cashless. So I save time and effort and money by eliminating the NTUC Comfort Call Center. I bypass even the ATM of my bank as I am paying cashless. So the Cisco Guards topping up ATM cash boxes will be reduced in employment numbers. The next optimization will be some DRIVERLESS cars ordered to pick me up to send me to my home or office. I will then eliminate the cabby and Uber / Grab assholes. The factories will use robots to make this FULLY AUTOMATED CARS, few or no workers employed.

This is THE way of Economic Optimization. Removed / Eliminated Jobs & Business, make 1 single most competitive company ruined 100 less competitive companies, and become monopoly, (like Grab killed Uber in Pee Sai) Eliminated billions of Jobs by creating only few thousand & eventually further reduced to few dozens. Singapore used to have 6 taxi companies and 5 bus companies. Most of them gone. Remember SBS Taxi? SAFRA Taxi? Changi Airport Taxi? Hock Lee Bus? Teh Koh Yak Bus? NTUC Comfort Mini Bus? Eliminated! Where are those Jobs? Gone!

Economy is a Self-Elimination Suicide that threaten every businesses and Individuals & Families while everyone believed Wrongly that it is benefiting and providing Hopes & Security for everyone - exactly the REVERSED. The more you vote for Economically Promising Parties & Politicians who painted BEST Economic Pictures & Promises, & Convincing Economic Policies. The more you accept and thrive hard at Economy. The more Disappointment & Losses & Suffering you get. The more you let Economic PhDs & Experts be in charge & in control of society the Faster it sinks into Deepest SHIT & DEBTs & UNEMPLOYMENT & BANKRUPTCY. Proven & Explained.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop whinging. Go learn write codings. New jobs created and pays well.

More screwed up more jobs to fixed the shit mess.

The education system is breaking up in 5 years wirh no credentials that is no need qualifications or certificates which ah neh can lied and cheats.

NO universities to lied and cheat you years of education to ripped you off.

Another example with Economic Optimization using my Economical Smart Phone is, I have apps to book Uber / Grab and pay cashless. So I save time and effort and money by eliminating the NTUC Comfort Call Center. I bypass even the ATM of my bank as I am paying cashless. So the Cisco Guards topping up ATM cash boxes will be reduced in employment numbers. The next optimization will be some DRIVERLESS cars ordered to pick me up to send me to my home or office. I will then eliminate the cabby and Uber / Grab assholes. The factories will use robots to make this FULLY AUTOMATED CARS, few or no workers employed.

This is THE way of Economic Optimization. Removed / Eliminated Jobs & Business, make 1 single most competitive company ruined 100 less competitive companies, and become monopoly, (like Grab killed Uber in Pee Sai) Eliminated billions of Jobs by creating only few thousand & eventually further reduced to few dozens. Singapore used to have 6 taxi companies and 5 bus companies. Most of them gone. Remember SBS Taxi? SAFRA Taxi? Changi Airport Taxi? Hock Lee Bus? Teh Koh Yak Bus? NTUC Comfort Mini Bus? Eliminated! Where are those Jobs? Gone!

Economy is a Self-Elimination Suicide that threaten every businesses and Individuals & Families while everyone believed Wrongly that it is benefiting and providing Hopes & Security for everyone - exactly the REVERSED. The more you vote for Economically Promising Parties & Politicians who painted BEST Economic Pictures & Promises, & Convincing Economic Policies. The more you accept and thrive hard at Economy. The more Disappointment & Losses & Suffering you get. The more you let Economic PhDs & Experts be in charge & in control of society the Faster it sinks into Deepest SHIT & DEBTs & UNEMPLOYMENT & BANKRUPTCY. Proven & Explained.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

The education system is breaking up in 5 years wirh no credentials that is no need qualifications or certificates which ah neh can lied and cheats.

I had been making my own apps but will NEVER offer for sale nor let any others use my apps.

I won't help the Economy.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

NO universities to lied and cheat you years of education to ripped you off.

For the last few years I had several powerful concepts that I could make few series of apps to create my own businesses, and I know that will eliminate at least 100 competing businesses and thousands of jobs. If I continued I am able to conceive more such ideas. But I did not even want to share with anyone these thoughts and ideas, nor lift a finger to create them. I search google and app store, and know that these things still don't exist yet. The only apps I write now are apps that are my own tools, solved my own needs and fixed my own problems. I showed to people but won't let them have my apps.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Chinese economic miracle due to hefty gahmen spending in infrastructure..now that its almost all completed, they must come up with one road, one belt (why not one belly?) to export their employment.
Thanks to their hefty population( chinese invented fucking like rabbits) most of their infrastructure investment could be profitable, but those they build overseas could run into trouble.
And china must thank taiwan and hong kong for the transfer of technology of their consumer products like smartphones, toys and computers.
Astute observation and I agree. Except for the "fucking like rabbits" part. I believe it's the m&ds, arabs and shitskin muslims who are guilty. Hence, there will never be a shortage of fools going Allah Akbar and blowing themselves into smithereens.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
For the last few years I had several powerful concepts that I could make few series of apps to create my own businesses, and I know that will eliminate at least 100 competing businesses and thousands of jobs. If I continued I am able to conceive more such ideas. But I did not even want to share with anyone these thoughts and ideas, nor lift a finger to create them. I search google and app store, and know that these things still don't exist yet. The only apps I write now are apps that are my own tools, solved my own needs and fixed my own problems. I showed to people but won't let them have my apps.
First to market is most important, hence you should make hay. I wish you success