• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The truth in unions negotiating with employers for wage increases

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are we talking about unions in singapore or unions in european union?cause i know for sure those european countries have damn powerful unions like france.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
are we talking about unions in singapore or unions in european union?cause i know for sure those european countries have damn powerful unions like france.

Unions in Singapore. Powerful unions in france and unemployment rate is so high.

"The number of unemployed people in Germany rose unexpectedly by 24,000 to 2.905 million in May. It was the biggest monthly increase since April 2009, and a long way off economist's expectations of a 15,000 decrease. Economists said the drop could partly be explained by the weather, with a loss of fewer seasonal jobs during a milder than usual winter." http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/may/28/unemployment-rising-germany-france

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny thing that in most countries, the employers are at the mercy of the unions, thus the unions do have bargaining power to fight for better benefits for workers. In Singapore, the unions are at the mercy of employers. So they shift the blame to the employers because they buay gan?

I will say this again, our unions are a joke. It is a PAP training ground, providing their rank and file cadre with well paid jobs. Then from time to time, they'll raise the wages of low wages workers by a little, to show that they are doing their jobs.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh come on,now i know ur a PAP shill....we are talking about the power of unions to negotiate deals....so i pointed out that unions are indeed powerful in the european union....so now u bring in the topic of unemployment....let me remind u unemployment rate is only 5.2% in germany which is impressive for any country in the world...u can claim singapore is amazing low unemployment rate of 2 to 3% but lets face it,no one knows what the real unemployment rate in singapore is thanks to PAP's magic formulas to massage figures....furthermore in singapore there are no extensive welfare nets so if ur unemployed u die.think about it,powerful unions and extensive welfare nets....what more can u ask for?

Unions in Singapore. Powerful unions in france and unemployment rate is so high.

"The number of unemployed people in Germany rose unexpectedly by 24,000 to 2.905 million in May. It was the biggest monthly increase since April 2009, and a long way off economist's expectations of a 15,000 decrease. Economists said the drop could partly be explained by the weather, with a loss of fewer seasonal jobs during a milder than usual winter." http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/may/28/unemployment-rising-germany-france

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh come on,now i know ur a PAP shill....we are talking about the power of unions to negotiate deals....so i pointed out that unions are indeed powerful in the european union....so now u bring in the topic of unemployment....let me remind u unemployment rate is only 5.2% in germany which is impressive for any country in the world...u can claim singapore is amazing low unemployment rate of 2 to 3% but lets face it,no one knows what the real unemployment rate in singapore is thanks to PAP's magic formulas to massage figures....furthermore in singapore there are no extensive welfare nets so if ur unemployed u die.think about it,powerful unions and extensive welfare nets....what more can u ask for?

Keep calm and memorize the PAP IB shitlist:

Current shitlist
Isogallardo
Savingtheworld
MaxRiley
dodgeball
AtheneaCroft
Kenneth
pillowtalk
zeroo

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to say union bohchogang is a bit unfair.

from what I heard from a relative who work HR, told me the union leaders did fight tooth and nail for increments, especially when they themselves are employee of the organisation but most of the time they kenna conned by the fanciful charts and graphs and projections use by the HRD to lower their expectation. those NTUC reps are useless to the inhouse union leaders as they didn't help the union leaders by sitting quietly during the meeting.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

from what I heard from a relative who work HR, told me the union leaders did fight tooth and nail for increments, especially when they themselves are employee of the organisation but most of the time they kenna conned by the fanciful charts and graphs and projections use by the HRD to lower their expectation. those NTUC reps are useless to the inhouse union leaders as they didn't help the union leaders by sitting quietly during the meeting.

Oh please, those in-house unionists have already been co-opted and infiltrated by the NTUC goons. They play the 'good cop' wayang in front of the workers to pretend that they're fighting for their rights. I hope you're not that daft to be taken in by that dog and pony show. :rolleyes:

LKY had destroyed real labours unions and a free press in those bad old days. Nothing has changed.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh please, those in-house unionists have already been co-opted and infiltrated by the NTUC goons. They play the 'good cop' wayang in front of the workers to pretend that they're fighting for their rights. I hope you're not that daft to be taken in by that dog and pony show. :rolleyes:

LKY had destroyed real labours unions and a free press in those bad old days. Nothing has changed.

dog and pony show they may be but some union leaders are just average workers like you and me. some only have 10yrs of education, no point for my relative to BS me, as he/she witness banging on tables and shouting across room. as much as CUNT is a useless organisation but please give some credits to the union leaders of the afflicated unions who did their best but let down by the CUNT and cheat by the employers.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal

They really just sat quietly during the meeting?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They really just sat quietly during the meeting?

Yes....useless bums!!....you ask for more...they will sing you the f$%#^^^ boring NTUC mantras....I do not want to repeat...that is why I always say quietly to myself..F$$#$^^ the unions"...always work for a company without one... I negotiate my own agreement!!:mad:

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes....useless bums!!....you ask for more...they will sing you the f$%#^^^ boring NTUC mantras....I do not want to repeat...that is why I always say quietly to myself..F$$#$^^ the unions"...always work for a company without one... I negotiate my own agreement!!:mad:

You are a union member?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, they'll be there for the song and dance, like the below song...

[video=youtube;RgQXqMw-0PI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQXqMw-0PI[/video]