• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The SBF Gay Debate

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u study natural science,u will know that only a tiny percentage of the living organisms on earth need a male and female sex to reproduce.....in fact reproduction is merely the copying of dna,it could be a combination of different dna strands or just one.....but thats no rule regarding how dna is copied or transferred between organisms to create new ones.

Are you comparing human beings with single cell organisms? And if you compare animals with human beings.. is that even a good comparison at all? Humans learn things after they are born (some scientists believe babies learn things in mothers wombs but have yet to really prove this), and we usually learn through making mistakes.. that's how humans learn. And our hormones don't usually kick in right away after birth, it takes some years to come about.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, looking at all the posts here, there is no real mention of what discrimination the LGBT spoke of. Why is that?

I still remember the new on tv showing one of the LGBT organizer saying that "we are saddened" after the news broke that someone was trying to organize a wear white to protest. And I feel very strange when I heard this statement from that man.

1) If someone registers her/his disagreement or disapproval of my views, I won't go "I'm saddened", but I may seek to find out the reason why.. or, as I usually do.. accept it, for I can't expect EVERYONE to think the same way as me, can I?

2) Why put up a "victim's face" on tv? LGBT can organize a pink dot event and others can't organize another event.. is that double standards?

If I were to be really extreme, I might say the LGBT ogranizer is being discriminatory against those who would want to express themselves by wearing white to support an idea, whether it is against their pink dot or not. Why should the LGBT be the ones who gets to say who can or cannot say things about them? Is this not infringing on others' right to freedom of expression?

Until they come clean and really show all what their take on discrimination against them truly is, I can only wonder.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point was that gays are neurologically wired to be gay and it is not a conscious choice. As such they should be given the same rights as heteros as long as there's mutual respect for each other's space. I don't have a problem with two women openly kissing too. And I'm sure many women have no problem with two men kissing altho I would turn the proverbial cheek.

There's no evidence so far to show any genetic predisposition towards gay behaviour, nor the presence of any 'gay gene'. Makes sense, since the pressures of biological evolution would have weeded out any gay gene aeons ago.

But more and more neurophysiological studies have shown that gays' brains are wired differently. Many researchers are now postulating and showing early evidence in their studies that these differences are hardwired, not genetically, but in-utero during foetal development due to fluctuations in maternal hormonal levels. E.g. slightly higher-than-average levels of testosterone in the 2nd trimester have been shown to hardwire lesbian tendencies in female foetuses. These are epigenetic, not DNA, changes which are expressed when the child is born and persists throughout life.

That's why all of us know of classmates even in primary school who are more 'butch' or 'ah gua' than the rest, and who eventually turn out to be gay in adulthood.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Homosexuality as a Consequence of Epigenetically Canalized Sexual Development[/h]William R. Rice, Urban Friberg, and Sergey GavriletsDepartment of Ecology, Evolution and Marine Biology, University of California Santa Barbara, California 93106 USA[email protected]
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Uppsala University Norbyvägen 18D, 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden[email protected]
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Department of Mathematics, National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis, University of Tennessee Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 USA[email protected]

[h=3]ABSTRACT[/h]Male and female homosexuality have substantial prevalence in humans. Pedigree and twin studies indicate that homosexuality has substantial heritability in both sexes, yet concordance between identical twins is low and molecular studies have failed to find associated DNA markers. This paradoxical pattern calls for an explanation. We use published data on fetal androgen signaling and gene regulation via nongenetic changes in DNA packaging (epigenetics) to develop a new model for homosexuality. It is well established that fetal androgen signaling strongly influences sexual development. We show that an unappreciated feature of this process is reduced androgen sensitivity in XX fetuses and enhanced sensitivity in XY fetuses, and that this difference is most feasibly caused by numerous sex-specific epigenetic modifications (“epi-marks”) originating in embryonic stem cells. These epi-marks buffer XX fetuses from masculinization due to excess fetal androgen exposure and similarly buffer XY fetuses from androgen underexposure. Extant data indicates that individual epi-marks influence some but not other sexually dimorphic traits, vary in strength across individuals, and are produced during ontogeny and erased between generations. Those that escape erasure will steer development of the sexual phenotypes they influence in a gonad-discordant direction in opposite sex offspring, mosaically feminizing XY offspring and masculinizing XX offspring. Such sex-specific epi-marks are sexually antagonistic (SA-epi-marks) because they canalize sexual development in the parent that produced them, but contribute to gonad-trait discordances in opposite-sex offspring when unerased. In this model, homosexuality occurs when stronger-than-average SA-epi-marks (influencing sexual preference) from an opposite-sex parent escape erasure and are then paired with a weaker-than-average de novo sex-specific epi-marks produced in opposite-sex offspring. Our model predicts that homosexuality is part of a wider phenomenon in which recently evolved androgen-influenced traits commonly display gonad-trait discordances at substantial frequency, and that the molecular feature underlying most homosexuality is not DNA polymorphism(s), but epi-marks that evolved to canalize sexual dimorphic development that sometimes carryover across generations and contribute to gonad-trait discordances in opposite-sex descendants.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My head hurts. Can you summarize the abstract please?

1. No difference in prevalence of homosexuality between dizygotic and monozygotic (identical) → rules out genetic transmission ('gay' gene)

2. Evidence of some heritability of homosexuality (tends to run in families) → possible epigenetic transmission, i.e. transmission not by changes in gene structure (DNA sequence) but by some other (biochemical) process.

3. Evidence shows possible environmental factors like prenatal/perinatal stress, maternal hormonal levels causing genes in the foetus to be expressed abnormally, i.e. XX (female) foetus becomes masculinized, XY (male) foetus becomes feminized.

Summary: homosexuality not caused by abnormal ('gay') genes, but caused by environmental factors during pregnancy impacting on how sex genes are expressed, resulting in hardwiring brain patterns and causing females to be more masculine, and males more feminine.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. So Loong may be abnormal because his mother had to handle to many HDB conveyancy contracts during her pregnancy. I am starting to see why some people believe in karma.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. No difference in prevalence of homosexuality between dizygotic and monozygotic (identical) → rules out genetic transmission ('gay' gene)

2. Evidence of some heritability of homosexuality (tends to run in families) → possible epigenetic transmission, i.e. transmission not by changes in gene structure (DNA sequence) but by some other (biochemical) process.

3. Evidence shows possible environmental factors like prenatal/perinatal stress, maternal hormonal levels causing genes in the foetus to be expressed abnormally, i.e. XX (female) foetus becomes masculinized, XY (male) foetus becomes feminized.

Summary: homosexuality not caused by abnormal ('gay') genes, but caused by environmental factors during pregnancy impacting on how sex genes are expressed, resulting in hardwiring brain patterns and causing females to be more masculine, and males more feminine.

Does this mean that a stressful society will churn out more gays and lesbians? If so.. no wonder there are more and more of them in SG.
Don't call me stupid.. I'm curious now.. does this mean that a baby.. when born.. will already be.. absolutely.. surely.. grow up to be gay or straight.. because of the hormonal changes in the womb?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but hormonal deficiency doesnt not change a person's gender nor his/her sexual orientation does it?i do know it does cause some changes in the development of the body...like a low testosterone level cause a slower and lesser development of sexual organs....less defined muscle mass(causing males to appear more weak and feminine)

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biologically, humans are no different from any living organisms whose one primary function is reproduction, i.e. to reproduce themselves, perpetuate the species and prevent the species from dying out.

All other functions and activities, to eat, to work, to make money, to have a house, a car, to read, write, to cure and be cured of diseases, etc are secondary to this primary function. They are carried out only to ensure that this primary function of perpetuating the species and to prevent it from dying out, can and will be carried out.

Thus, throughout civilisation and in all cultures and throughout history, the family unit has always been recognise as that comprising a male as a father and a female as a mother. This is in recognition of that which is indisputable, i.e. the union of a male and a female are the only possible biological combination of human reproduction and the perpetuation of the human species.

The one and only test of "normalcy", is the capacity of a species to reproduce itself. Otherwise, that species will die out. Dying out goes against the reproductive and survival instincts of any species, from single-celled amoebas to multi-celled organisms like human beings.

The one and only true test of whether faggots are "normal" is to put all the male faggots led by faggot-warrior Vincent Wijeysingha on one island and the female faggots on another island without allowing them to interact. If the male faggots are able to reproduce themselves with their butt fucking and cock sucking activities and the female faggots with however they fuck themselves, society should then accept that these faggots and their butt fucking activities are indeed "normal".

We can then all welcome these faggots as "normal" with open arms. Or as preferred by these faggots, with our butt cheeks spread wide.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support the end to discrimination of gay and bisexual people in terms of being ostracized, denied jobs in non sensitive areas, or threatened with violence or mockery purely on basis of sexuality

I oppose the church becoming involved in secular matters and using their opposition to the gay agenda as a gateway to imposing religious doctrine on secular society.

TS u must look at both sides. Yes gays are wrong to shove their way of life down our throats. But there are other groups using the issue to push their own agenda which I believe is much more harmful to society.

For faggots, "discrimination" is about society's refusal to allow them to marry or to have a "family" through adopted children. It is also about society's refusal to sanction their promiscious behaviour. So you have faggot "bisexuals" who can quietly go on to fuck males and females as much as they like without society giving a toss about it if this is done in the privacy of their bedrooms but who now demand that their faggotism and promiscuity should be seen as "normal" and should be sanctioned by society.

The Church and Muslims are getting into the picture only because faggots like Vincent Wijeysingha and their faggot movements have stepped out of line and are pushing for what should remain in the privacy of their bedrooms into the public arena.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 100% straight, against gay discrimination and disagree with same sex marriage.

I hope to add another perspective to your discussion. Gay dogs exist. Enjoy the video watching gay dogs having sex. :biggrin:
A good article on homosexual behavior in animals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Human beings are born with that capacity to discern right from wrong. Faggots clutch on to all sort of spurious and absurd arguments, one of which is that faggotism is "normal' and this can be seen in the animal world.

My message to faggots and faggot warriors like Vincent Wijeysingha is:

You are not animals. Don't behave like one. You are a human beings, born with that human capacity to discern right from wrong. So please start behaving like human beings and not animals.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to circle back on the originating issues.

The debate is not about sexual inclination or preference or a particular lifestyle based on a sexual preference. It is also not about finding the cause or how one becomes a homosexual or a transgender. We will not solve that problem. As far I am concerned they are human beings and have every right like anyone else.

The issue is discrimination of this particular segment of society in Singapore. Is the discrimination overstated or is it used as a convenient vehicle to get certain privileges. Are other segments of society neglected and push down the needs ladder because they are overwhelmed by the LGBT lot.

There is a also secondary issue which is not very obvious but I suspect is also present and that is the need to be treated as someone special even as some sort of celebrity for their courage to come out in the open. I have been invited to coming out parties and believe me, they are seriously big event not in the physical sense but the importance they put on it.

Referring to gays and lesbians with normal bodies.

The problem will come about when they clamor for change in the definition of marriage so that they can have kids and so on.
So, they do not want to be treated as special. Just someone normal. This is becoming a global movement.

Unless some scientists prove that the artifical chemicals and pollution s invented in the modern world is short circuit ing the human brains into same sex unions, I think it is best that they be left as mental disabilities.

This physically disabled man wanted to run in mainstream competition. How?
375px-Oscar_Pistorius_2_Daegu_2011.jpg

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Biologically, humans are no different from any living organisms whose one primary function is reproduction, i.e. to reproduce themselves, perpetuate the species and prevent the species from dying out.

Oh my gosh! In this day and age, there are still people holding on to such animalistic beliefs.

No, you got it all wrong. Humans exists simply because of sense pleasures. If there were no sense pleasures at all, life would be a living hell and no humans would ever wish to exist.

It may be that your source of sense pleasures is raising and seeing your kids grow up. But not everyone desires to raise or have kids. They just don't derive any joy from that.

And if homosexuals derive joy from union and marriage with a same-sex partner, who am I to deprive them of their happiness?

We are not animals whose sole purpose is to reproduce. If that were the case, all you need are human farms. And CPF can be closed down for good.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does this mean that a stressful society will churn out more gays and lesbians? If so.. no wonder there are more and more of them in SG.

Not just living stress, though that's definitely one of the factors why we're seeing more and more gays (even after accounting for the more liberal environment today allowing gays to out themselves).

More importantly perhaps are environmental pollution – air and water pollution – and the chemicals and hormones that go into our produce, meat and processed food. For instance, the chicken that you eat have been fed on feed containing large amounts of antibiotics and oestrogen-like hormones to plump them up. The vegetables and fruit we consume are coated with insecticides and powered by chemical fertilizers. These get into the mother's system and may have a feminizing/virilizing effect on the foetus during pregnancy.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but hormonal deficiency doesnt not change a person's gender nor his/her sexual orientation does it?i do know it does cause some changes in the development of the body...like a low testosterone level cause a slower and lesser development of sexual organs....less defined muscle mass(causing males to appear more weak and feminine)

Hormonal levels do affect a person's sexual orientation if these changes occur in the womb when the foetal brain is developing, as they cause the cortex to be hard-wired a different way. If you look at the embryo in the early first trimester before the sex organs are formed, you'll find that all male and female foetuses have identical primordial sex buds. The reason why the XY foetus will go on to develop a penis and balls, and the XX foetus a vagina, labia and uterus, is the result of sex hormones elaborated by the X or Y chromosome in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Sometimes, rarely, the hormones get screwed up and the XX foetus develops a penis (congenital adrenal hyperplasia) or the XY foetus gets a vagina (androgen insensitivity syndrome).

That's also why stem cells are so promising: given the right chemical, biological and hormonal environment, human stem cells can be made to grow into any tissue or organ in the body.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The biological part we share with the rest of the animal family. But our enlarged and very developed cerebral cortex set us apart. There's more to being human than to eat, reproduce and die. That's why we have the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, which animals don't:

Maslow-Hierarchy.jpg

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can the people here just declare if he is straight or Gay before we proceed further? Easier to see where they are coming from.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
There has been a number of posts of good quality but they are buried in threads and scattered. I think the Gay is issue is coming to the fore front and its best that people have a good debate rather than be politically correct or be pulled along in what in certain aspects is becoming a fad. Now religion has come in to engage because they have realised that they can no longer and are prepared to engage.

If man and man fuck each other backside and they can obtain instant gratification.What will happen to Human races ? There won't be enough Humans. Sooner or later, man will die out as a result of this.

They should be crucified and hang. Though it may sound harsh, it going to be necessary.